The Republican Party: A Party of Fascist Totalitarianism - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Steve_American wrote:
@ckaihatsu,
IMHO, capitalists will fight 4 times harder to keep capitalism going, even if modified some, than they will fight to avoid having to spend money on fighting ACC.

So, we disagree. I think we can get capitalists to let us fight ACC easier than we can crush capitalists and take all their power away from them.

And how do you get the *global coordination* for that, if not through the already-established nation-state apparatus (to be controlled and withered-away by the working class) -- ? Remember, the capitalists' best-idea is freaking *carbon credits*.

You're too content to leave the system in place, to try to work *alongside* it, meaning that your politics *forfeits* government / society as it is, and its potential for coordinating worldwide to tackle global warming.

Social Production Worldview

Spoiler: show
cap·i·tal·ist ; a wealthy person who uses money to invest in trade and industry for profit in accordance with the principles of capitalism:
https://vic2.paradoxwikis.com/Capitalists

Capitalists are a POP type. They are members of the rich strata along with Aristocrats. Capitalists who have enough money will build factories and railroads and with certain types of economic policy (Lassez-Faire and Interventionism) this is the only way to construct factories. However, using the Planned Economy policy will prevent capitalists from building factories and railroads. Capitalists' source of income is from the profits of their factories and may re-invest these profits into other factories, railroads or the National Bank. The remainder of the income of their factories goes to Craftsmen and Clerks who work in the factories.

Fascists using Capitalists FUC. Wait its. Military-Industrial Complex. MIC...

[T]his legislation props up the fossil fuel industry at exactly the moment we should be shutting it down. That includes sacrificing public lands for the development of NEW fossil fuel projects that undermine the health and safety of frontline communities — the opposite of environmental justice.

Demand an Immediate Halt to Fossil Fuel Expansion

The most imperative way to reduce climate chaos is to end any new fossil fuel expansion, period. But this new legislation includes measures that seek to accelerate fossil fuel expansion, such as fast-tracking construction of fossil gas projects like the new Mountain Valley Pipeline to forcing fossil fuel leasing on public lands, creating sacrifice zones and causing irreparable harm to communities. These expansion efforts bake in more climate disasters for all of us.

Ruth Breech
Senior Climate Campaigner
Rainforest Action Network

Source? I think Iran only communicated the end […]

Yeah, I'm in Maine. I have met Jimjam, but haven'[…]

No, you can't make that call without seeing the ev[…]

The people in the Synagogue, at Charlottesville, […]