US midterms 2022 - Page 12 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I love the edits of this photo. I just wish I could find the one where he's photoshopped as Vegeta but anyone who has seen the Goku cartoon will see it.

Desantis is a dandy of the highest caliber, to the point where he has his wife speak in his political commercials because he sounds like a muppet. His shit may work in the dystopian hellhole that is Florida but nobody is going to think he's a Trumpian strongman the second they hear him.

Seriously, look up his ads and listen to his voice. He's a hypernerd. National focus will not help him.
Like they just need to get Biden on the right mix of steroids and uppers so he can say, "Listen fat, you're nothing but a dog faced pony soldier. I challenge you to a push up contest" and Desantis will wilt. He's seriously the fucking most effeminate strongman ever. He can throw his weight around when he's needlessly punishing trans kids to satisfy the braying pig people of the GOP base, but my god the man is a sissy who absolutely does not conform to any kind of imagined norm of a cismale heterosexual.
I love how he killed so many Floridians by rejecting any Covid measures and then appointed an insane vaccine denialist to be the state Director of Health or whatever.

Holy shit. I just looked it up and Florida has 82,000+ Covid deaths.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/region/us/florida

The man killed so many people to advance his career. What a monster.
By Rancid
SpecialOlympian wrote:I love how he killed so many Floridians by rejecting any Covid measures and then appointed an insane vaccine denialist to be the state Director of Health or whatever.

All this tells me is that there are a massive massive massive number of stupid people in FLorida. COVID simply didn't kill enough of those anti-covid vaccine morons.
By Fasces
He killed off a section of his voter base... while increasing retirees moving into the state by 500k over the last four years... which incidentally explains why Florida is now so solidly red.

The good news is that in about another 10-15 years when the Boomers all die off, it'll go back to being a purple state. DeSantis is really going to have to run in 2028 before the demographic crisis rears his ugly head and all the Repubs he invited in start hitting their 90s.
Rancid wrote:All this tells me is that there are a massive massive massive number of stupid people in FLorida. COVID simply didn't kill enough of those anti-covid vaccine morons.

Some chunk of those deaths were old people who retired to Flordia from the cold north.
Covid did kill more old people.
Returning to the 202 election, the House is still not decided, but the MAGA/Repuds are ahead. However, it is still possible that the Dems will control the House.

The good news for democracy is that the Dems took total control in Michigan and took control of the "House" in Pennsylvania. This means there are 2 less medium big states where the Repuds will not be able to subvert democracy by having the gerrymandered state legislature just give their Electoral College votes to the Repud candidate. This may or likely will let the Dems have a good chance of winning the Presidency in 2024.

The bad news is that if the Repuds do control the House, the filibuster will not matter. It will be impossible for the Dems to pass any laws to shore up democracy, or do something to rein in the rogue USSC.

So, I'm still waiting for who won in the House.
By Rancid
Steve_American wrote:
Some chunk of those deaths were old people who retired to Flordia from the cold north.
Covid did kill more old people.

Of course, but it killed more MAGA voters than non.
By Rancid
Steve_American wrote:Returning to the 202 election, the House is still not decided, but the MAGA/Repuds are ahead. However, it is still possible that the Dems will control the House.

Doubtful.
By JohnRawls
Fasces wrote:It's looking like GOP might end up with the narrowest of majorities - 218, 219, 220 seats...

Which is pretty pathetic considering D president is in charge. Irrelevant of what they say, this is a huge alarm bell for the Republicans as to what might come in the future if they don't change course. It took MAGA crowd just 1 presidential term along with SC Republican shenanigans to make the party less electable than it has been in decades. Spoiler alert, it is going to get worse if nothing changes.
By JohnRawls
SpecialOlympian wrote:I love how he killed so many Floridians by rejecting any Covid measures and then appointed an insane vaccine denialist to be the state Director of Health or whatever.

Kitty litter boxes? What is that about?
By Rancid
JohnRawls wrote:

Kitty litter boxes? What is that about?

There was a lie propagated by the culture war crowd that a school placed kitty litter boxes in school bathrooms to accommodate students that identify as cats. This was not true.

It was propagated by Joe Rogan as well, if I recall right. However, he has since apologized and corrected himself. Still, the damage is done.

I've been thinking of starting a thread to discuss how the "war on masculinity" and "the culture war" is super overblown and over exaggerated. I see a lot of parallels with the post 9/11 thinking that there would be suicide bombs on every street corner in America (never happened). While there is a lot of ridiculous stuff coming from the hardcore woke crowd. I think there is a lot of ridiculous and over exaggeration, and unfounded alarm-ism coming from the reaction to that wokism as well.
By JohnRawls
Rancid wrote:There was a lie propagated by the culture war crowd that a school placed kitty litter boxes in school bathrooms to accommodate students that identify as cats. This was not true.

It was propagated by Joe Rogan as well, if I recall right. However, he has since apologized and corrected himself. Still, the damage is done.

I've been thinking of starting a thread to discuss how the "war on masculinity" and "the culture war" is super overblown and over exaggerated. I see a lot of parallels with the post 9/11 thinking that there would be suicide bombs on every street corner in America (never happened). While there is a lot of ridiculous stuff coming from the hardcore woke crowd. I think there is a lot of ridiculous and over exaggeration, and unfounded alarm-ism coming from the reaction to that wokism as well.

Here you go, your whole topic in one graph

By Rancid
JohnRawls wrote:
Here you go, your whole topic in one graph

oh.... well... there you go!
By JohnRawls
Rancid wrote:oh.... well... there you go!

Having said that, most America don't understand how good they have it. 88% Americans flew on a plane, i doubt that number is even 15% for Russia and probably not even 5% for African countries. Just saying.
By Rancid
JohnRawls wrote:
Having said that, most America don't understand how good they have it. 88% Americans flew on a plane, i doubt that number is even 15% for Russia and probably not even 5% for African countries. Just saying.

Agree agree, which is what makes the rherotic around civil war, and "when the time comes" from the MAGA morons all the more ridiculous. Life is so good that they don't even know how good they have it. This is why I invite them to try and start that civil war. They will quickly learn, that the rest of us are doing pretty good, and not interested in their dumb LARPING shit. They will be mowed down instantly.
By Istanbuller
Now you guys bash Ron DeSantis because he won by a very large margin like 1,5 million votes. You want Republicans disappear. You can't tolerate them.

I always say that Democratic Party and its supporters are very much into authoritarianism. You guys just prove it.
By Istanbuller
It seems that it was an historic night for anti-lockdown Republican governors. Texas, Georgia, Florida, Ohio all voted Republican by big margins. Republicans also just flipped Nevada. Some people voted for freedom despite inflation loving Democrats.

That is impossible. Most nukes nowadays use SLBMs[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Joe Stalin: "Mommy loves you!" Abusiv[…]

Theism vs Atheism

It's pointless to bother debating theism vs atheis[…]

Finland's Jewish Soldiers in WWII

Germany was actually very horrified and indeed thr[…]