Zeihan explains Ukraine to Rogan, most Americans would learn a thing or two - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
What on earth do you see in that guy @late ?

So Joe asks him how he knows all the stuff that he’s spouting and his reply is: intelligence agencies.

That’s his source. American intelligence agencies. Gotta say late, I’m shocked. You’re one of the more reasonable posters, totally left wing but at least reasonable :lol:

Joe has a few smarmy people on like Mike Baker and Michael Osterholm and now he can add one more to the list of mouthpieces that I force myself to sit through in the name of objectivity :|
ness31 wrote:
What on earth do you see in that guy @late ?

So Joe asks him how he knows all the stuff that he’s spouting and his reply is: intelligence agencies.

That’s his source. American intelligence agencies. Gotta say late, I’m shocked. You’re one of the more reasonable posters, totally left wing but at least reasonable :lol:

Joe has a few smarmy people on like Mike Baker and Michael Osterholm and now he can add one more to the list of mouthpieces that I force myself to sit through in the name of objectivity

He's been correct a lot, and he adds things like demographics to the discussion.

He has a hundred sources. You're going to need to do better than that.

I'm no fan of Rogan, but in this case his lack of knowledge gives Zeihan a chance to explain the basics, that's why I posted that interview.

Zeihan and I have areas of disagreement, but he does a good job at describing the various challenges facing us.
late wrote:He's been correct a lot, and he adds things like demographics to the discussion.

He has a hundred sources. You're going to need to do better than that.

I'm no fan of Rogan, but in this case his lack of knowledge gives Zeihan a chance to explain the basics, that's why I posted that interview.

Zeihan and I have areas of disagreement, but he does a good job at describing the various challenges facing us.

Dude, we watched the same interview :roll: He said, “we’re listening to their phone calls, we’re reading their emails” and on all that bullshit about China he said there was no chatter because Xi has become so paranoid and insular no one even approaches him anymore. He also thinks the US shadows Putin so well that they can nuke him at the drop of a hat.
He said Russians as an ethnicity are basically extinct and the Ukraine wars purpose is so they can die on their own terms.

He said the Chinese won’t be around in 10 years.

What other sources did he cite for how he gets his information?

Honestly, I really think it’s you and Zeihan that are going to have to do better. It was hard, really hard to listen to that trash.

The only thing he got right in my opinion is the agricultural interest Russia has in Ukraine. Food security is something to go to war for.
ness31 wrote:
Dude, we watched the same interview :roll: He said, “we’re listening to their phone calls, we’re reading their emails” and on all that bullshit about China he said there was no chatter because Xi has become so paranoid and insular no one even approaches him anymore. He also thinks the US shadows Putin so well that they can nuke him at the drop of a hat.
He said Russians as an ethnicity are basically extinct and the Ukraine wars purpose is so they can die on their own terms.

Honestly, I really think it’s you and Zeihan that are going to have to do better. It was hard, really hard to listen to that trash.

The only thing he got right in my opinion is the agricultural interest Russia has in Ukraine. Food security is something to go to war for.

Read some, watch some, come back when you have something to discuss.

One of the things you will learn is that sometimes he amps up the rhetoric to get peoples attention. China is facing serious challenges, and they are showing up earlier than he originally thought.
ness31 wrote:
I asked for extra sources. Not unreasonable. But sure, whatever.

And I suggested reading his books, esp. the last one.

This all falls under the umbrella of foreign affairs. That includes economics, demographics, politics (internal, external and any intersection of the two) military capability, regional concerns, cultural concerns, cultures, geography, and more.

It doesn't fit in a post.

I can suggest some things, but this needs some context which you haven't provided. But I'll offer up a couple faves:

https://www.amazon.com/Cities-Wealth-Nations-Principles-Economic/dp/0394729110/ref=sr_1_10?crid=39MX9GS56OVQG&keywords=jacobs+cities&qid=1673275146&sprefix=jacobs+cities%2Caps%2C119&sr=8-10

https://www.amazon.com/Price-Inequality-Divided-Society-Endangers/dp/0393088693/ref=d_pd_sbs_sccl_1_1/147-4457536-9325041?pd_rd_w=oOceY&content-id=amzn1.sym.1e7a0ba4-f11f-4432-b7d8-1aaa3945be18&pf_rd_p=1e7a0ba4-f11f-4432-b7d8-1aaa3945be18&pf_rd_r=D9P5NVE2CPA2QZQ0A95W&pd_rd_wg=7HDdZ&pd_rd_r=f58ca33d-8e6a-4046-a9d2-13983bebbc9d&pd_rd_i=0393088693&psc=1

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/
I guess my issue is that from Zeihan to the Foreign Affairs article and literature you posted, it’s all US centric.

The penny hasn’t dropped for Americans yet has it? No one believes you anymore. You squandered all of that soft power and social capital. Not saying the other side is any better but…

Anyway, thanks for the reading material. If I actually do get the time to sit and read a book it will be Whitney Webbs 2 volumes. I know I’ll learn a thing or 2 from that venture.
ness31 wrote:
I guess my issue is that from Zeihan to the Foreign Affairs article and literature you posted, it’s all US centric.

The penny hasn’t dropped for Americans yet has it? No one believes you anymore. You squandered all of that soft power and social capital. Not saying the other side is any better but…

Anyway, thanks for the reading material. If I actually do get the time to sit and read a book it will be Whitney Webbs 2 volumes. I know I’ll learn a thing or 2 from that venture.

Ahh, scandal...

Actually, Europe believes us, they live close to Putin, and know how he thinks.

The world is changing dramatically, and a lot of people will be trying to figure out which way to go.

I'd say you can check out, but it doesn't look like you ever really checked in.
late wrote:Ahh, scandal...

Actually, Europe believes us, they live close to Putin, and know how he thinks.

The world is changing dramatically, and a lot of people will be trying to figure out which way to go.

I'd say you can check out, but it doesn't look like you ever really checked in.

And by Europe you mean NATO of course ;)

I don’t really understand your insult, but my friend Rancid does. You’re in good company there.

*edit* and for the record, Webb is equally hard to listen to and I imagine reading her is going to be torturous - but not for the same reasons as your mate Zeihan.
ness31 wrote:Dude, we watched the same interview :roll: He said, “we’re listening to their phone calls, we’re reading their emails” and on all that bullshit about China he said there was no chatter because Xi has become so paranoid and insular no one even approaches him anymore. He also thinks the US shadows Putin so well that they can nuke him at the drop of a hat.

I think you are taking literally something is not meant to be taken literally. The guy likes to be dramatic. I don't take it as "there won't be china anymore" more like "china as we know it, will not exist anymore". Wether or not he is right/wrong we don't know. Nobody knows the future and predicting this sort of things on mega-complex system is virtually impossible.He has good points, I enjoy his theatrics. :lol:
late wrote:You were dismissive.

NATO has the strongest unity is has had since the Cold War. While we did make a lot of mistakes, the prospect of WW3 erupting next door has been thoroughly effective in changing peoples minds.

I much preferred it when I was being dismissive, contemptuous and absurd. All correct ;)
I'm not watching Joe Rogan. I don't care what the stoner gym bro has to say or what his guests have to say, his show sucks and it's for morons.

I used to listen to Rogan and he's just a complete fucking moron. He would get his guests to watch 90 minutes of old boxing matches completely forgetting that his show is a podcast and then be like,

"Whoa, you see how he threw that punch? That's how a gorilla would punch. Gorillas. Wow. Nature. Nature is so cool. Young Jamie, put on that video of the Gorilla that got loose in the NICU unit, gorillas are crazy. You gotta see how this gorilla stomps this preemie. Wow. Nature. Wow. Gorillas. Do you think if a gorilla smoked enough DMT it could learn English? Do you think it would be my friend? I go bow hunting, which is the way men hunt."

Mexico, LoL, why would anyone nuke Mexico. Drlee[…]

Major General Harri Ohra-Aho on Russia's decision […]

Uh...there isn't an 'England gene'...if that is w[…]

Back on topic , here are my results . Care-85 […]