Godstud wrote:No, [usermention=78111]
@Saeko Having children is only a shit deal if you do it while you are single. Take the benefits out of divorce and it will help lower the divorce rate. "No Fault" divorce should be abolished. There should have to be legitimate reasons for a divorce, and affix child support/alimony accordingly.
The list of reasons not to have kids are only valid if you're a selfish person, and don't care about family. Endless? That's fine. To each their own. The less kids we have from those people, the better. How can having children be a shit deal, if the person who you are having children with supports, provides, and protects you and your child?
Women control access to sex, so the onus is on them. Your move, girls. Men control access to relationships and marriage. Marriage benefits women, more than men. Divorce is incentivized in the West.
Alright, @Godstud, imagine that you are a woman who wants children more than anything and you are married to the absolute most perfect man who has ever lived. Now seriously consider the risks of giving birth to a child. Here are some of them:
1. Medical complications before birth. The effects of pregnancy on your body are devastating and, in some cases, fatal. Any time you get pregnant, you are risking dying for a child that you may A) never know if the child somehow survives or B) never know because both you and your child die.
2. Medical complications after birth for the mother. All kinds of awful things to think about here. Giving birth to a child is extremely painful, it can kill you, it can leave you with severe tearing from clit to anus that will make pissing, shitting, sneezing, coughing, and laughing painful or dangerous for the rest of your life. It can also leave you incontinent or with vaginal prolapse. Child birth can also cause permanent damage in other areas of the body such as blindness and stroke (i.e. paralysis). All of these things also greatly hinder your ability to care for the child you just gave birth to.
3. Medical complications after birth for the child. The child can be born with serious congenital diseases or severe disabilities. In the most extreme cases, you are either stuck with taking care of a vegetable for the rest of your life or a child whose life consists of immense daily suffering. The child can also suffer birth injuries that have many of the same effects as above.
4. Either you or your partner (or both) can become disabled or dead before your kids are fully grown. Anti-Divorce laws and devotion don't make parents invincible or immortal.
5. Economic downturns. It doesn't really matter how much money you and your spouse make. Unless you are very wealthy, you are always subject to the worry that the economy will suddenly shit itself and you find yourself being unable to feed your children.
6. Terrible shit can still happen to your children. They can be murdered, raped, abused, etc. I've heard one woman say that having a child is like having your soul live outside of your body for the rest of your life. The stress of worrying about these kinds of things alone should be enough to dissuade anyone from having children.
7. Even if you're the best parent ever, your kids can grow up to be terrible people. They can become murderers, rapists, abusers, etc. They may even abuse their parents in some cases.
The list goes on...
I don't understand how anyone can look at this list and still think that having kids is at all a good idea.
Are you a sociopath? I can sure tell that you are childless and have no clue about small children. Your opinion is not valid.
Explain. What is it that I don't know about small children?
Feminism has sold the lie to a generation of women. They are told and trained from a young age to think that a career can replace a family. They'll soon discover the lie that this is.
No, it's patriarchy that lies to women and trains them from a young age to think that raising a family is all they are good for and is something that they must do.
The idea that feminism has sold the lie to women that a career can replace a family is itself a multi-layered lie. There is no need to "replace" something you never wanted in the first place. It is a good thing for a woman to be in charge of her own destiny.