Tiananmen Square Massacre.... 30 Years - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Japan to Turkmenistan to New Zealand.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Patrickov

I agree. I am amazed by the story of Tianamen Square. The bravery of those protestors is inspiring. But what is also highlighted to me was how willing the Chinese government was to turn it's guns on it's own people and how they just erase history from their history books. Chinese kids are not taught about Tianamen Square and even a Chinese man visiting Taiwan and looking at the tank man had no idea who that person was, and he was Chinese. It's spooky to see how the rest of the world knows more about Tianamen Square than most Chinese people.

You know, you look at those people in power in China and those who were in power in China who ordered a massacre of those college kids and you think, "Those people really don't have a soul at all, to order the country's army to turn it's weapons on their own citizens who were unarmed defenseless protestors whose only crime was to ask for freedom and basic human rights....it's just appalling and it makes these guys in power look really evil and have no soul at all." It's spooky and scary that men who have no soul at all can attain power and do this to good people.

It's important that the whole world studies and knows about what happened at Tianamen Square and how the Chinese government essentially erased history from the history books and turned it's guns on it's own people. The reason it's important is because we learn a lot about ourselves and our own countries. Here is a report from CNN:

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/03/asia ... index.html

I accept that there can be billions of reasons to be soulless and even genocidal, what I don't understand is that these atrocities go unpunished. This is where I lose my faith on this country, if not the whole humanity.
@Patrickov

Patrickov wrote:I accept that there can be billions of reasons to be soulless and even genocidal, what I don't understand is that these atrocities go unpunished. This is where I lose my faith on this country, if not the whole humanity.

What happened at Tianamen Square can happen in any country. Whether it be China, the United States, Russia, Europe. That can happen in any country. It's why it's important that other people from other countries study Tianamen Square so that it can nurture democracy, freedom and human rights in their own countries and prevent murderous regimes like the Chinese Communist Party from ever coming to power and committing such an atrocity on it's own people. And that's just not a communist party so to speak, but any dictatorial regime of any kind. Countries need to learn from the example of the bravery and courage of the demonstrators there but also learn to prevent murderous dictatorships from ever coming to power in their own countries so that such protests never become necessary and thus also preventing such un-necessary, terrible and tragic carnage to begin with.
Patrickov wrote:Okay guys, time to stop drifting off to WW2...

@Patrickov ;

Yeah, it's probably that time, and I think @Politics_Observer would agree as well, lol....

Allow me to steer the conversation back to the purpose of this thread (as I see it); the rise of modern Fascism from it's crushing defeat in the Great Patriotic War, with a specific emphasis on the PRC after the Tiananmen Square Massacre.

What is Dengist revisionism if not a form of Chinese Fascism, as if Chiang-Kai-Shek and Kuomintang had won the Chinese Civil War? If I am wrong, because I have made an extensive study of historical Fascism and was quite a Right-Winger once myself, let me know.

Fascism survived WWII, and as far as i'm concerned the struggle still goes on ever since certain men and organizations went underground in the wake created by the post-WWII Cold War. This is a major component of my political ideology to this day, this recognition.
@Beren ;

A form of Chinese Leninism perhaps?

I'm thinking not a form of Chinese Leninism, because...

He introduced his own NEP

Which is permanent, whereas it was understood to be temporary under Lenin.

and democratised the Communist party

How so? A dialectical absence of democracy?

after Mao's Chinese Stalinism.

Doesn't Xi Jinping have more power than Mao, now, under what appears to be a State Corpratist regime?
annatar1914 wrote:How so? A dialectical absence of democracy?

Deng's China was less dictatorial and centralised, or authoritarian than Mao's, wasn't it?

annatar1914 wrote:Doesn't Xi Jinping have more power than Mao, now, under what appears to be a State Corpratist regime?

Neither his power nor his authority could be compared to Mao's or even Deng's, he may be the strongest leader since Deng though.
@Beren ;

Deng's China was less dictatorial and centralised, or authoritarian than Mao's, wasn't it?

Good question, but I think not, actually. Mao's power I believe was far more Populist (recall the Red Guards during the Cultural Revolution?) than Deng's, resting on a larger base of support. Deng's rise to power subsequently amounted to a Counter-Revolution against Communism, leaving only the name of the single-party State and Mao's picture in the Forbidden City.

Neither his power nor his authority could be compared to Mao's or even Deng's, he may be the strongest leader since Deng though.

I think Xi Jinping will be the most powerful leader of China in perhaps the last 1000 years of Chinese History, becoming an Emperor in all but name-and perhaps gain even that, he or his successor.
@annatar1914

annatar wrote:Fascism survived WWII, and as far as i'm concerned the struggle still goes on ever since certain men and organizations went underground in the wake created by the post-WWII Cold War. This is a major component of my political ideology to this day, this recognition.

Ohh yeah, I agree! I personally see Trump as a fascist. He has serious mental health issues and very serious character flaws.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@late If you enter a country, without permission[…]

My prediction of 100-200K dead is still on track. […]

When the guy is selling old, debunked, Russian pro[…]

There is, or at least used to be, a Royalist Part[…]