DPRK Threats - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Japan to Turkmenistan to New Zealand.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By Bob Miller
Not so long ago, the South Korean military accused the DPRK of testing short-range ballistic missiles. Now, the DPRK has threatened South Korea that the joint military exercises with the United States will have consequences. The North Korean side found such actions stupid and stated that they would have to be paid for. Seoul also believes that military exercises are a provocation. Should Kim Jong-un's threats be taken into account at all?
By Godstud
DPRK threats are like the little dog across the street yapping at you. To be ignored.
By ThirdTerm
South Korea still needs America to protect itself from various North Korean threats. DPRK's short-range missiles can reach anywhere in South Korea. 80 percent of South Koreans have a favorable view of the United States and 44 percent of South Koreans have confidence in Trump.

Some conservatives express concern that Trump is giving Kim too much latitude to develop weapons by saying he has “no problem” with North Korea’s recent ballistic missile launches. Though short-range, the missiles can reach anywhere in South Korea.

Others were alarmed when Trump again agreed with North Korea's characterization of U.S.-South Korean military exercises, calling them “ridiculous and expensive.”

But the tipping point for some came earlier this month when Trump reportedly used an Asian accent to mock South Korea for allegedly agreeing to pay more for protection from the North.

“It was easier to get a billion dollars from South Korea than to get $114.13 from a rent-controlled apartment in Brooklyn,” Trump boasted, according to the Manhattan-based New York Post newspaper. “And believe me, those 13 cents were very important.”

https://www.voanews.com/east-asia-pacif ... inst-trump
By Crantag
The US-China rivalry is the only thing standing before Korean re-unification.

The US is the bad guy in the equation.

The US has some 80,000, or more, troops in South Korea.

North Korea has a boarder with China.

How could China possibly support reunification when it will mean American military bases on their boarder?

The only way for reunification to happen is for the US to pull out of South Korea.

That's not going to happen.

American empty promises to not locate military bases in North Korea will not be trusted, very rightfully so, because they'd be pure lies.

So, China will not allow North Korea to fall.

I've studied this situation for a while, and the sad truth is that the Korean Peninsula will be unified when, and only when, the American Empire finally retreats from the scene.

And, that may take quite a while..

There's no good reason for a divided Korea, other than the fact that South Korea is sort of a US military colony, and China cannot and will not allow North Korea to become the same.
By Patrickov
Crantag wrote:The US-China rivalry is the only thing standing before Korean re-unification.

The US is the bad guy in the equation.

The US has some 80,000, or more, troops in South Korea.

North Korea has a boarder with China.

How could China possibly support reunification when it will mean American military bases on their boarder?

The only way for reunification to happen is for the US to pull out of South Korea.

That's not going to happen.

American empty promises to not locate military bases in North Korea will not be trusted, very rightfully so, because they'd be pure lies.

So, China will not allow North Korea to fall.

I've studied this situation for a while, and the sad truth is that the Korean Peninsula will be unified when, and only when, the American Empire finally retreats from the scene.

And, that may take quite a while..

There's no good reason for a divided Korea, other than the fact that South Korea is sort of a US military colony, and China cannot and will not allow North Korea to become the same.

If China and North Korea are not that frank in oppressing their own people I will say it is totally justified to make the US go. Now? Not so much.

Come to think of it, if DPRK had unified the peninsula it would be more or less like what Vietnam is now -- Communist but friendly to the US. In fact, Kim Jong-un can still be regarded as working in this direction, although the future is a bit uncertain as his place seems not too stable.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@JohnRawls No. Your perception of it is not. I g[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'd be totally happy for us to send ground troop i[…]

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's promo[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]