Myanmar Military Comitted Genocide And War Crimes - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Japan to Turkmenistan to New Zealand.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
The USA declared that Myanmar committed genocide against the Rohingya this week. The official declaration was made on Holocaust memorial day. Please note the lack of any qualifiers used.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... t-rohingya

This follows a UN report published last week that detailed war crimes committed by the Junta since it seized power a year ago.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... -un-report
If the targeted group had not happened to be Muslim, I am skeptical that the Left would even be making an issue out of this.

I am not condoning what Myanmar did, and their brutal tactics would never happen in a First World Western country, but even Nobel prize winning Aung San Suu Kyi (normally an outspoken critic of Myanmar's regime) approved of how Myanmar handled the situation.
Puffer Fish wrote:
If the targeted group had not happened to be Muslim, I am skeptical that the Left would even be making an issue out of this.

I am not condoning what Myanmar did, and their brutal tactics would never happen in a First World Western country, but even Nobel prize winning Aung San Suu Kyi (normally an outspoken critic of Myanmar's regime) approved of how Myanmar handled the situation.

Haha!

She's not even *anti-military* -- !

Aung San Suu Kyi defends Myanmar military’s crimes

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2019/1 ... m-d16.html

Myanmar junta executes four democracy advocates

Earlier today, the Myanmar junta crossed a significant line by executing four democracy activists: Kyaw Min Yu (Ko Jimmy), Phyo Zeyaw Thaw, Hla Myo Aung, and Aung Thura Zaw.

These are the first executions of democracy activists since 1988. The Myanmar military had declared its intention to execute Kyaw Min Yu, better known as Ko Jimmy, and former lawmaker and hip-hop artist Phyo Zeya Thaw. The two were sentenced to death in January for treason and terrorism in a closed-doors trial.

Congress must respond to this new atrocity by the Myanmar junta. Congress must pass the BURMA Act to demonstrate to the Myanmar military that it will face significant consequences for these judicial murders.

Click on this link to urge your U.S. senators to pass the BURMA Act.

We need your help to ensure that the Senate moves the BURMA Act through a key procedural hurdle. If you contact your senators today, we may well secure the BURMA Act's passage through the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and show the Myanmar military that it faces serious consequences for its actions.

For the BURMA Act to pass the Senate, it first needs the Senate Foreign Relations Committee (SFRC) to schedule the bill for a markup in the committee. For this to happen, we need to tell our senators to call on the SFRC Chair (Senator Bob Menendez) and the Ranking Member (Senator James Risch) to include the BURMA Act in the next committee markup meeting.

If you live in the U.S., click on this link to urge your U.S. senators to call on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee to mark up the BURMA Act.

The BURMA Act will, not only sanction and hold accountable the Myanmar military, but also provide support to Burmese civil society and much needed humanitarian assistance directly to the Myanmar people. We've already successfully pressed the U.S. House of Representatives to pass the BURMA Act, which it did by unanimous consent. Now let's demand that our U.S. senators do the same.
Please share this action with your friends and on your social media with this short link: https://bit.ly/BurmaBill
If I was that close to Buddhism I would burn myself alive with gasoline. AAAAYAAAYAHHHHAHAAYAAA...? Pagan, Burma. 200,000 bum-ese live in mud houses in Pagan, Burma. Its a world heritage site. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paganism
more than 10,000 Buddhist temples, pagodas and monasteries were constructed in the Bagan plains
not a member of the Commonwealth of Nations despite once being part of the British Empire.
The British East India Company seized control of the administration of Myanmar after three Anglo-Burmese Wars in the 19th century, and the country became a British colony. After a brief Japanese occupation, Myanmar was reconquered by the Allies and gained independence in 1948
Not Communist? And If Communism was going to end Genocide and race hate, when is this? Because your factory works? The French protected tribes and groups and heritage in French Indochina. Chinese Communism and Pol Pot is leading the way on hitler's nationalism. All 70% of non-cambodians flee or are dead.
Pants-of-dog wrote:The west has no motive to arm Rohingya rebels.

Rohingya is a very small group. There are bigger rebels near the Chinese border.
Patrickov wrote:Rohingya is a very small group. There are bigger rebels near the Chinese border.

Unless western actors get some sort of substantial profit from intervention, there seems like little reason for the west to care.

Mere genocides and war crimes do not affect the bottom line.
Pants-of-dog wrote:
Unless western actors get some sort of substantial profit from intervention, there seems like little reason for the west to care.

We're really seeing the dictator-buddies-network since the Trump years.

Myanmar, and its military rulership, is all about rice and gems, as I understand it.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Unless western actors get some sort of substantial profit from intervention, there seems like little reason for the west to care.

Are you saying you want the west to intervene? Sounds like it.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Unless western actors get some sort of substantial profit from intervention ...

Controlling yet another outlet to contain China is a very profitable motive.
Rancid wrote:Are you saying you want the west to intervene? Sounds like it.

No, I am familiar with the history of such interventions.

Patrickov wrote:Controlling yet another outlet to contain China is a very profitable motive.

No, it is not.
Rancid wrote:Are you saying you want the west to intervene? Sounds like it.

You probably mixed up him and me.

It's rather obvious who's the interventionist between PoD and me.

So you have no proof then, @QatzelOk , just wh[…]

If Progressives have changed the Democrat Party[…]

Why do the Latin Americans ignore completely race[…]

This is largely history repeating itself . Similar[…]