Australian Federal Election - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Japan to Turkmenistan to New Zealand.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By ness31
If headlines are to be believed, polls are suggesting Josh Frydenberg is going to lose his seat. Ouch.
ness31 wrote:If headlines are to be believed, polls are suggesting Josh Frydenberg is going to lose his seat. Ouch.

He's worried and pulling all stops but still think it's unlikely.

Underwhelming campaign on both sides, boring insipid juvenile election ads all around. The level of debate is really really poor. A new low.
I drove past a polling place today for the early birds. The amount of picketed signs I witnessed, just rows and rows of picketed signs with the same faces on them them, it was wholly illogical and looked like a manifestation of a mental illness.
I’ve not heard. But I imagine there would be a significant rise in postal votes and early voting to avoid large groups of people.
When’s this fucking blackout starting? :knife:

How much money has Clive sunk into this election? Majors should be shitting themselves..
“Dead women tell no tales”. Tanya got smashed, did you see her face? After everything the former Attorney General went through I don’t think Labor have any right to talk about what is and isn’t in poor taste.
It's a sign of the times where the options are so detestable I simply preferenced Animal Welfare and Legalize Cannabis parties with 1 and 2.

I will laugh if Labor wins and that stupid housing scheme kicks in. I'm gonna scam that system so thoroughly. Buy multiple properties, not pay a cent of my own money, take off with the roofing, wiring, etc and let the bank reposes while it deals with junkie cash tenants with labor left holding the bags. Profit for me, system collapse for thee.

What a shit show.
Igor Antunov wrote:It's a sign of the times where the options are so detestable I simply preferenced Animal Welfare and Legalize Cannabis parties with 1 and 2.

I will laugh if Labor wins and that stupid housing scheme kicks in. I'm gonna scam that system so thoroughly. Buy multiple properties, not pay a cent of my own money, take off with the roofing, wiring, etc and let the bank reposes while it deals with junkie cash tenants with labor left holding the bags. Profit for me, system collapse for thee.

What a shit show.

You obliviously paid no attention to labor;s policy. Complete and utter ignorance.

And on the Moral level completely without regard to any consequences for your actions.
Igor Antunov wrote:No we elected the Chinese communist party.

Excellent! :up: :D
Australia has chased court of of the mos inept, corrupt, law breaking, secretive Australian governments of all time.

The Government which repeatedly handed money to it;s mates and donors.
The Government which failed to deliver of it;s promises.
The Government which massively failed to complete Freedom of Information requests (IIRC previous governments 80% this one 40%)
The Government the refused to enforce any standards on its ministers.
The Government which gave a record number of Jobs for the Boys.
The Government which oversaw programs found to be illegal and did nothing about it.

This was bad immoral Government.

Scott Morrison was good a press releases and excuses, the Australian Publics got sick of his BS and have shown him and his cronies the door.

Albanese and the Labour party have come to government on a pretty negative campaign and with not much in the way of policy articulated. I not sure what they intend, Despite "Albo"s long time in politics I really don't know what he stand for. I remain Skeptical.

Labour Government isn;t going to a magic solution for the Nations woes. But it will be a little bit better and little bit more honest at least.
On further reflection.

The Liberals got toweled in their once heartland inner city seats. Where they lost the professional class and women heavily. The so called old small 'l' Liberals, socially progressive financially conservative types.

Over the last decade and more the power with the Liberal party has gone further right, adopting increasing "idealistic" hard right positions. The Liberals party has played hard ball on teh culture wars seeing as it way of cracking and dividing the Labour party. The Small 'l' liberal has been silenced within the party while the propaganda and around the culture wars has became increasingly strident.

Now the Small 'l' Liberal seats have no longer getting effective representation on issues they care about from the liberal party have turned to alternatives, mainly independents. This means within the parliamentary Liberal party the moderate wing suffered the heaviest losses and has even less influence with the party. Which could lead to doubly down of the polices and propaganda that lost these seats so comprehensively. Especially if Peter Dutton gets the leadership who has lead the charge in the culture wars, after Abbot was sent packing.

The Liberal Party strategy under Morrison was to seek gains in the outer suburban electorates form Labour on the back of culture wars , identity politics issues. Coal Mining, coal Jobs, attacking the environment, Women, Transgender people, Greenies. Introducing religious privilege to discriminate , opposing any parliamentary reform or accountability..

But with so many small 'l' liberals defeated and out of parliament, teh small 'l' liberal voice will be very small in the Liberal party. This could push them even further right. Less tolerate of Women. Less able to real swinger voters. Teh Liberal party branches have became increasingly very small and increasing ideologically right wing.
It’s hard to believe Frydenberg got booted and Dutton is most likely the next leader of the opposition. Looks like Australians like politicians talking tuff on China, then vote in the reddest red government known to man :lol:
I just want the free gibs. Labor and greens, gibs me all the printed cash now.

As for trading CIA for CCP-bring it. No more being dragged along to pointless wars. I for one welcomed our chinese overlords years ago.

But seriously I wish the 12 year old labor shills here were old enough to remember the Gillard/Greens/Independent government.

She couldn't take a single breath without consulting the greens on it and their response was 'but what about climate change'.

It was so bad it ushered in 4 terms of Liberal governments of Abbott and Morrison.
I think I understand why a relative of mine refuses to go to Australua despite him actually having Australian citizenship.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]