Zelenski should give in - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By Rich
Volodymyr Zelenskyy wrote:in the words of Bob Monkhouse, Putin laughed when I said I was going to stop being a comedian. Well he's not laughing now!
Zelenski did not give in... He wants also to be written in history as heroic leader... but in reality he is partly responsible for the mess... He is sending his own peple in death... they have no chance against Russia... it is madness...

Ukraine has not the terrain for Guerialla Warfare, No mountains like Afghanistan or Chechenya nor Forests like Vietnam.
Can't vouch for the validity of these....

Russia: Nizhnekamsk, workers of the Hemont plant staged a spontaneous strike due to the fact that they were not paid part of their salaries as a result of the sharp collapse of the ruble.

Awful video of a Russian air strike in Kharkiv.

Latest Defence Intelligence update on the situation in Ukraine - 06 March 2022. Find out more about the UK government's response:

I respect Zelenskyy for being willing to die over this but at the same time, the west clearly never intended to back Ukraine up with troops, which basically means that he's being a useful idiot who will die to turn his country into a depopulated insurgent zone.
Wulfschilde wrote:I respect Zelenskyy for being willing to die over this but at the same time, the west clearly never intended to back Ukraine up with troops, which basically means that he's being a useful idiot who will die to turn his country into a depopulated insurgent zone.

The trick with "giving in" is - leaders of states (or peoples) are not in a position that allows them to recognize the "giving in" situation.
They simply can't, neither they want. It's not realistic to expect "giving in" at first verbal threat.
Leaders are not cowards, people they lead are not cowards- it's simply not realistic that any of them will say to a bully: "OK, here is everything you want..." ...it does not work like that.
By Skynet
Bloomberg reported 5 min ago about the comments of an Zelenski aide: Ukraine can accept neutrality (no NATO), but wants not to trade 1 cm of territory.

Such an statement before the War, and the War would be avoided.

I think Ukraine has to accept the loss of Crimea and Donbass, in return Ukraine can join the EU and become a rich country... or 2nd Afghanistan/Chechenya/Vietnam...
Zelensky is making it worse. He provocatively applied for Ukraine's EU membership and he has not given up on NATO membership, either. In a recent statement, he demanded a security guarantee from NATO and its allies until Ukraine can formally join NATO in the near future. The British guarantee to Poland in 1939 triggered the Second World War, which was Chamberlain's greatest mistake in hindsight. Western leaders need to assure Putin that NATO does not have an open door policy. There should always be a diplomatic solution even when we are up against dictatorships. Chamberlain's sordid deal with the German dictator was instrumental in containing Nazi Germany for a while. Trump skillfully negotiated with the North Korean dictator, thus containing the rogue state for four years, and he would have won the Nobel Peace Prize for that. North Korea has just tested an ICBM.
Last edited by ThirdTerm on 11 Mar 2022 01:12, edited 1 time in total.
NATO does have an open door that does not change based on Russia's whims.

Holding a third country hostage in blood to make an impossible point against another third-party is quite absurd.
ThirdTerm wrote:Zelensky is making it worse

The only person here making things worse is Putin. Why does everyone quickly forget that Putin is the aggressor here? What is it with this defeatist concept that everyone should just give in the bully? Who are you people? What's wrong with you? Is that how you lead your life? Allow anyone to just push you over because you are to afraid to defend yourself?
Putin is the invader and aggressor. If you are defending him, then you need to reflect on the piece of shit you have become, and change.
Independent_Srpska wrote:The trick with "giving in" is - leaders of states (or peoples) are not in a position that allows them to recognize the "giving in" situation.
They simply can't, neither they want. It's not realistic to expect "giving in" at first verbal threat.
Leaders are not cowards, people they lead are not cowards- it's simply not realistic that any of them will say to a bully: "OK, here is everything you want..." ...it does not work like that.

This is a good point :) Imagine being elected and then giving in, people would lynch you.

I think unfortunately we are past the point of no return in a lot of ways. Was Zelensky going to give in? No. Will the sanctions, potential nuclear threat or the alleged shelling of civilians in Donbass go away if Russia stops invading? No, they'd probably all continue and probably just get worse if Russia changed course now. I've seen zero discussion of the sanctions being lifted or even being a part of peace negotiations. It doesn't appear that it has even occurred to anyone to suggest that they would be lifted any time soon no matter the outcome. So the course of things are pretty set by now.
By Rancid
Wulfschilde wrote:This is a good point :) Imagine being elected and then giving in, people would lynch you.

I think unfortunately we are past the point of no return in a lot of ways. Was Zelensky going to give in? No. Will the sanctions, potential nuclear threat or the alleged shelling of civilians in Donbass go away if Russia stops invading? No, they'd probably all continue and probably just get worse if Russia changed course now. I've seen zero discussion of the sanctions being lifted or even being a part of peace negotiations. It doesn't appear that it has even occurred to anyone to suggest that they would be lifted any time soon no matter the outcome. So the course of things are pretty set by now.

Buckle up, your boy Putin is going to start a nuclear war.
Damn. Juuuuust damn! :lol:

"She [Kamala Harris] has the intellectual horsepower of a fourth grader." - Judge Jeanine Pirro, March 10th, 2022, commenting on the VP's visit to Poland and the discussion on Ukraine
BlutoSays wrote:Damn. Juuuuust damn! :lol:

"She [Kamala Harris] has the intellectual horsepower of a fourth grader." - Judge Jeanine Pirro, March 10th, 2022, commenting on the VP's visit to Poland and the discussion on Ukraine

Yes, always take the opinion of an alcoholic seriously.
XogGyux wrote:Yes, always take the opinion of an alcoholic seriously.

I guess Biden is sending her on affirmative action trips, becuase she's so bad at this, it's not funny.

BlutoSays wrote:I guess Biden is sending her on affirmative action trips, becuase she's so bad at this, it's not funny.

That clip does not show evidence of Kamala making fun of the dire refugee situation. What seems to be happening is that the reporter asked a question to BOTH of them, and neither of them rushed to answer and looked at each other to see who would answer the question first. They are laughing at the awkwardness of the exchange, not about the war or the refugee.
By noemon
XogGyux wrote:That clip does not show evidence of Kamala making fun of the dire refugee situation. What seems to be happening is that the reporter asked a question to BOTH of them, and neither of them rushed to answer and looked at each other to see who would answer the question first. They are laughing at the awkwardness of the exchange, not about the war or the refugee.

Indeed, this is quite obvious. Another yawn moment of fabricated woke outrage from our friendly neighborhood rightwingers.

This lawyer's "crime"? Merely being pres[…]

Why You'll Never Achieve the American Dream

It was the dream of millions of people who came f[…]

Then what is my argument? That cops disproporti[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Today I learned that Ukraine is not allowed to use[…]