Balkans - the sad story about Banja Luka's 12 little stars - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
This is the one of the saddest stories from the last war in the Balkans.
It brings very bad memories every may/june....My goodness how this was horrible....
Banja Luka is the capital of Republika Srpska.

http://www.zlocininadsrbima.com/EN/News ... osnia-1992

The death of 12 newborn babies in Banja Luka was a tragic incident during the War in Bosnia and Herzegovina, when 12 Serbian infants died at the Banja Luka Hospital neonatal intensive care unit, because of the lack of oxygen needed for their treatment.

These deaths invoked a large-scale military action called "Operadion Corridor", organized by the Army of Republika Srpska against the regular Croatian army and the Bosniak Muslim army. The operation was conducted between June 14 and June 26 1992.

Croatian and Muslim armed forces blocked the "Posavski corridor" that connected Serbian Krajina and Serbia. The corridor cut off Banja Luka from Serbia. Because of this, it was not possible to supply Banja Luka with oxygen by land. Only the air supply remained as an option, but it wasn't possible either because of a flight ban over Bosnia and Herzegovina, imposed by the United Nations Security Council. An airplane intended to fly from Belgrade to Banja Luka with oxygen supplies did not get a clearance.

Numerous pleas for help were sent via radio, television, Voice of Srpska, and other newspapers, but although UNICEF (the chief of UNICEF, Alen Cord, was informed) and representatives of other international humanitarian organizations were familiar with the problem, the plane with oxygen had to wait for several days for the clearance to arrive, which never did. TV Belgrade journalist Tatjana Lenart made a TV interview with UN Secretary General Butros Butros Gali in which he was informed about the situation , but he did nothing to save the babies. Shortly afterwards, 12 newborns died from hypoxia at the Banja Luka hospital. Even though the doctors tried to use "industrial oxygen" supplied by the Army of Republika Srpska and several contractors and citizens, it was not enough to save the babies.

Seven days after the death of the last baby, Army of Republika Srpska cleared the corridor to Serbia, which made future oxygen supplies possible.

List of died babies

Name of Mother Name of Baby Gender Date of Birth Date of Death

Dušanka Đukić unnamed male May 22, 1992 May 22, 1992

Živka Knežević unnamed male May 22, 1992 May 22, 1992

Fatima Dedić unnamed male May 23, 1992 May 27, 1992

Željka Tubić unnamed male May 28, 1992 May 28, 1992

Zilha Murica-Delić unnamed female June 1, 1992 June 1, 1992

Safeta Medić unnamed female May 26, 1992 June 2, 1992

Nađa Puška unnamed female May 29, 1992 June 1, 1992

Dragoslava Marić unnamed female June 3, 1992 June 5, 1992

Milena Sandić unnamed female June 15, 1992 June 16, 1992

Dragica Komljenović unnamed female June 1, 1992 June 19, 1992

Majda Đuran unnamed male June 17, 1992 June 17, 1992

Grozda Rauš Vladimir male May 28, 1992 June 19, 1992

Survived babies

* Slađana Kobas; born on June 18, 1992 was the only baby that survived from May 22 to June 19, 1992. Because of the lack of oxygen, she had permanent eye, brain and lung damage, and later suffered from bone cancer. She died on February 9, 2006. aged 13. She was buried on February 11, 2006. in Prijedor.

* Marko Medaković; born on June 21, 1992. After birth he was hypoxic for around 10 minutes, which caused the loss of the two thirds of his lungs, cerebral palsy, brain hematoma, and spine injury. Snježana Brezo made a documentary about him, which is to be screened on the Berlin International Film Festival.
roxunreal wrote:Sad story. War is hell, you shouldn't have started it.

No, need for you to troll this topic. Serb victims from Bosnia and Herzegovina know who started the war.
In fact, your army and your lidership is responsible for suffocation of these newborns.
Oh and you would be the one to tell me about respect, you who cheers the mass killing of "Bosnian breeders", not to mention wishes the violent deaths of families and children of protesters across the middle east and supporters of pretty much any political view you oppose. :roll: Spare your moral pedestal for someone else.

It's tragic that these children died, and it's not my intention to mock their deaths or claim that it doesn't matter.
But it's hypocritical to not mention that it's far more tragic that 1500 children were blown up only in Sarajevo by Serb artillery shells. That gives a little bit of perspective to this one sided thread, and that is all I want.
roxunreal wrote:At least we didn't bomb 1500 children to death in Sarajevo.

You did way worse things than this pathetic CNN lie you are trying to promote. Don't forget that Croats are the only nation in human history who held concentration camps for kids (Serb kids).

However, stop trolling this topic with your idiocy.

it's not my intention to mock their deaths or claim that it doesn't matter.

That is exactly your intention.
Who wrote that article? The department of "covering-up-past-and-future-Serbian-war-aggressions-and-genocide"?

And if Serb babies were dying in the hospital, well, so would Croat and Bosniak, no?

A fair amount of articles, that are similar to this nationalistic propaganda piece, don't actually define the babies as Serb, Croat or Bosniak. Only some dead-hearted nationalistic clown would use dead babies to further his political and war goals. Sick bastards.
Euroman wrote:Who wrote that article? The department of "covering-up-past-and-future-Serbian-war-aggressions-and-genocide"?

And if Serb babies were dying in the hospital, well, so would Croat and Bosniak, no?

A fair amount of articles, that are similar to this nationalistic propaganda piece, don't actually define the babies as Serb, Croat or Bosniak. Only some dead-hearted nationalistic clown would use dead babies to further his political and war goals. Sick bastards.

And what's wrong with you?
Nothing, since I don't carry dead babies around me, claiming they are my ethnicity, to further my political goals. Since I checked Google, I couldn't find the article you used. I found lots of articles stating that babies in the hospital were dying. Their ethnicity was not mentioned. I also read how people from all around the place were trying to help those babies.

My guess is, nationalistic extremists added "Serbian" in front of it to justify their war crimes. They also omitted how desperately the entire population was trying to save those babies. Nationalist extremists are assholes who don't mind using dead babies to justify their wars and their other nasty bullshit. The people that edited those articles for national propaganda are sick assholes. Disgusting and pathetic.
Euroman wrote:Nothing, since I don't carry dead babies around me, claiming they are my ethnicity, to further my political goals. Since I checked Google, I couldn't find the article you used. I found lots of articles stating that babies in the hospital were dying. Their ethnicity was not mentioned. I also read how people from all around the place were trying to help those babies.

My guess is, nationalistic extremists added "Serbian" in front of it to justify their war crimes. They also omitted how desperately the entire population was trying to save those people. Nationalist extremists are assholes who don't mind using dead babies to justify their wars and their other nasty bullshit. Sick assholes. Disgusting.

What political goals to achieve? This was exactly 20 years ago , dude.

This tragedy, caused by Muslim-Croat aggression, is A undeniable historical fact that many people have no clue about when they are bitching about the civil wars in the Balkans.
Of course it is hard to find the details about it on Google - these poor newborn victims are victims on Serbian side. For western media - it was not politically correct speaking about Serb victims, especially not from the events that sparkled the civil war.

But, I find your attitude towards victims (not to mention - they are infants) on Serbian side really interesting.
Do you find victims on Serbian side, so not worthy, that you even bitch at dead infants as a "political mean", instead of finding a piece of humanity (you should have inherited at least from some distant relative) to keep your pie hole shut, when you, spineless as you are, don't have a courage to raise the voice against the responsible aggressor.
Independent_Srpska wrote:You did way worse things than this pathetic CNN lie you are trying to promote

Of course, when "Serb" victims die it's always true and very horrible, when Serbs cause non-Serb victims to die it's always a western media conspiracy. :roll:

Sarajevo was under siege AND Serb bombardment for almost 4 years, Banja Luka was cut off for how long? A few weeks? A month? Do the math.

Don't forget that Croats are the only nation in human history who held concentration camps for kids (Serb kids)

Sure not as recently as in the 90's. That was another time, and the ones who were responsible for this? Ah yes they've all been executed or assasinated, unlike the Serbs that bombed bosnian civilians for 4 years, half of which are still walking free and defended by war crimes deniers like you.
Mr. Serb

If this even was 20 years ago and you are not trying to do something politically, why then mention this at all?

Why are you so obsessed with Bosnia, Croatia and Serbia? What's your deal?

You think we will read this article, see how someone planted the word "Serbian" in front of "dead babies" and then cry, feel sorry for you, and then join sides with you so we can go genocide those Muslim bastards west of you? Pathetic.

Have you ever even been to Banja Luka? Or are you some kind of idiot fool who just runs his mouth all damn day long?

The reason I am asking you is, I actually visited the Balkans, including Banja Luka 7 years after the war. It used to be a city of Bosniaks, Croats and Serbs. Those 12 babies of yours, which I am sure you don't give a real shit about, were most likely Bosniaks, Croats and Serbs. And of those living there, most Bosniaks and Croats were chased out at gunpoint, few of them returned. Good job trolling us with your nationalistic buddies. Thanks a lot buddy.
Euroman wrote:If this even was 20 years ago and you are not trying to do something politically, why then mention this at all?

Because he is the online propaganda piece of the pseudocountry Republika Srpska, as it says in his name, signature, and all the topics he has ever opened. He is the Republika Srpska's counterpart of the user "RSK" who is himself a propaganda piece of the inexistent Republic of Serb Krajina and who also posts propagandist threads on a regular basis.

And make no mistake, this thread isn't about mourning dead babies, it's about scoring victim and pity points for the Serbs even though they killed far more children in their siege of Sarajevo, siege of Vukovar and other bombings of dozens of cities, and lost their babies in the war they started themselves.
roxunreal wrote:
Of course, when "Serb" victims die it's always true and very horrible

SO, what your Croat-nazi-ustasha mindset tells you? When Serb victims die that's not true and that's not horrible?

, when Serbs cause non-Serb victims to die it's always a western media conspiracy. :roll:

Idiotic strawman, as usual and as expected from the mindset that crimes of their own political leadership justifies by "other nation's guilt"...

Sarajevo was under siege AND Serb bombardment for almost 4 years, Banja Luka was cut off for how long? A few weeks? A month? Do the math.

Sarajevo is a consequence of Croat-Muslim attempt to occupy and massacre Serbs in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Croatia.

Muslims and Croats started massacring and ethnically cleansing Serbs in B&H from March 1, 1992. Regular Croatian army occupied Brod municipality on March 03, 1992, which was the beginning of the Croat-Muslim attempt to surround and ocuppy western Serbian territories - it culminated with suffocation of 12 newborns in Banja Luka, in May/June 1992.
Then , the whole world, realized that Croat-Muslim nazis must to be kicked out from northern Republika Srpska they occupied - and it was so.

Sure not as recently as in the 90's. That was another time, and the ones who were responsible for this? Ah yes they've all been executed or assasinated, unlike the Serbs that bombed bosnian civilians for 4 years, half of which are still walking free and defended by war crimes deniers like you.

We all know, and we all remember Croatian celebrations of Nazi times in the early 90s, we remember the outfits, we remember the songs that celebrated genocide over Serbs (700.000 inhumanly executed) and we even remember the words of your future president (Stjepan Mesic) that Croats won when they became a part of Nazi empire in 1941.

All of this can be seen even today- celebration of Nazi-time is a part of contemporary Croatian folklore, the most popular singer is a nazi, political establishment commemorate killed nazi soldiers every year, basically Bleiburg (where Nazi-Ustashas met their fate) became a Nazi pilgrimage site for modern Croats.

So, my dear expert on "nation's guilt" - the times when Croats established concentration camps for under-aged kids is still , very, very vivid in Croatia - but, you know that, of course.

Euroman wrote:Mr. Serb

If this even was 20 years ago and you are not trying to do something politically, why then mention this at all?

Why would I close my eyes over this, the most horrific crime in the last civil war in Bosnia and Herzegovina? Why would you?

Why are you so obsessed with Bosnia, Croatia and Serbia? What's your deal?

Why would you care about it?
Don't bother with obvious things - it would be better for your hunger to go harassing some Chinese/Japanese/Arab immigrants around you - satisfy your hunger, mate...

You think we will read this article, see how someone planted the word "Serbian" in front of "dead babies" and then cry, feel sorry for you, and then join sides with you so we can go genocide those Muslim bastards west of you? Pathetic.

Dude, this more tells about you ;)

Have you ever even been to Banja Luka? Or are you some kind of idiot fool who just runs his mouth all damn day long?

The reason I am asking you is, I actually visited the Balkans, including Banja Luka 7 years after the war. It used to be a city of Bosniaks, Croats and Serbs. Those 12 babies of yours, which I am sure you don't give a real shit about, were most likely Bosniaks, Croats and Serbs. And of those living there, most Bosniaks and Croats were chased out at gunpoint, few of them returned. Good job trolling us with your nationalistic buddies. Thanks a lot buddy.

Oh, geezzz, you visited Banja Luka once in your lifetime!? Well, hello Mr. Expert on the Balkans issues :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Independent_Srpska wrote:SO, what your Croat-nazi-ustasha mindset tells you? When Serb victims die that's not true and that's not horrible?

No, but your lamenting Serb victims while calling any other victims, like the 1500 kids killed by the 4 year Serb terror bombing of Sarajevo, as a western media conspiracy pretty much shows how seriously people should take you, mr. propaganda.

Sarajevo is a consequence of Croat-Muslim attempt to occupy and massacre Serbs in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Croatia.

Sure it was, and killing 1500 Sarajevo children and 12000 people in general just didn't happen right? But we all know who committed the first massacres, my dear historical revisionsit. What the siege of Sarajevo was is the consequence of Serb greed for territory and the Serb leader Karadzic's promise that he will kill 500 000 people in Sarajevo, which was Sarajevo's population at the time ;) Same as how cutting off Banja Luka was the consequence of Serbs starting a war to ethnically cleanse non-Serbs, something they have been quite good at in the 90's.

So tell me, if 12 babies died from Banja Luka being cut off for a month or so, how many died in Sarajevo from being cut off for almost 4 years and bombed every single day? I trust you can do the math.

Muslims and Croats started massacring and ethnically cleansing Serbs in B&H from March 1, 1992. Regular Croatian army occupied Brod municipality on March 03, 1992, which was the beginning of the Croat-Muslim attempt to surround and ocuppy western Serbian territories - it culminated with suffocation of 12 newborns in Banja Luka, in May/June 1992.
Then , the whole world, realized that Croat-Muslim nazis must to be kicked out from northern Republika Srpska they occupied - and it was so.

You mean just like the whole world realised that the Serbs need to be stopped from shelling Bosnian civilians in Sarajevo and elsewhere? Or like the whole world recognised that what the Serbs were doing in Bosnia was genocide with the aim of completely exterminating the bosnian muslims? Or like the whole world recognised that the Serbs did by far the most war crimes and killed the most people?

The Serbs already showed what they are up to when they massacred 160 Croats in croatia before anyone massacred them, and when their leader promised to exterminate all muslims from BiH ;)

We all know, and we all remember Croatian celebrations of Nazi times in the early 90s, we remember the outfits, we remember the songs that celebrated genocide over Serbs (700.000 inhumanly executed) and we even remember the words of your future president (Stjepan Mesic) that Croats won when they became a part of Nazi empire in 1941.

What you remember is what your propaganda fabricated in order to incite fear of non-Serbs to start the war, as admitted by your own president of croatian Serbs Milan Babić, and out of context misinterpreted quotes. Of course, you can see in today's independent Croatia all the Ustasa death camps for Serbs right? :lol:

All of this can be seen even today- celebration of Nazi-time is a part of contemporary Croatian folklore

Sure it is, yet a supporter of the Serb fascist Chetniks is the Serbian president right now, and the leader of the WW2 fascist Chetniks is about to be rehabilitated in Serbia, just like another leader was already rehabilitated in 2009 :lol: I think you have enough to worry about fascists back home before you start making up accusations about other countries.

the most popular singer is a nazi

Thompson is the most popular singer? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: My god they do teach you weird things about your neighbors over there now don't they?
As I said, he may be popilar with 15 year old kids who account for 99% of "Croat fascists" today, and grow pout of it by the time they get their first girlfriend.

political establishment commemorate killed nazi soldiers every year

20 000 thousand kids were killed just because they had to follow orders from the wrong side. Most of them were not even Ustasa nazis but the regular army. Soldiers are not the same as leaders who make the policy.

All while every year in Ravna Gora in Serbia fascist Chetniks are celebrated by hundreds of people.

But you live in a pseudocountry founded on genocide and mass murder, deny that any Serb victims occured when the Serbs bombed the shit out of the Bosnians for 4 years as a "CNN lie" and celebrate the Serb Chetniks even though they were nazi collaborators, while I never suppoorted Croat nazi traitors and Ustasa, so what does that make you if not a mass murder lover and a Chetnik nazi yourself? ;) At least I have the guts to denounce my nation's crimes in WW2, while you protect your genocide heroes under the justification that "What the Croats did in WW2 was worse, so it doesn't matter that we killed tens of thousnads of people in the 90's".

So instead of trying to look victim because 12 babies died because of the war and genocide you started, maybe you should man up and admit that what you did in the 90's (an not in WW2) to the bosnians is FAR worse, with far more innocent poeple and children dying. Maybe you should have at least that much dignity.

Serbia: always innocent! :lol:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbian_wa ... War_crimes
roxunreal wrote:No, but your lamenting Serb victims while calling any other victims, like the 1500 kids killed by the 4 year Serb terror bombing of Sarajevo, as a western media conspiracy pretty much shows how seriously people should take you, mr. propaganda.

Dear Ustasha, 1500 kids in the Balkans were only killed by Croats, and you know that very well.

The rest of your Ustasha propaganda you shove up your a$$ or your dead brain (which would be the same, basically)

roxunreal wrote:Sure it was

Of course it was...

The rest of strawman arguments you can stick up with your ustasha propaganda already shoveled up your thinking instrument :D
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

They do know that entering a foreign country with[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous[…]

Anomie: in societies or individuals, a conditi[…]

@FiveofSwords " black " Genetically[…]