EU-BREXIT - Page 326 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By SolarCross
late wrote:I don't live in England, don't need a stiff upper lip for that.. But you do have my condolences, once you figure out how badly Putin has screwed you.

Conspiracy theories ^. Yeah you want to go easy on that stuff, look what it did to Alex Jones.
By ingliz
SolarCross wrote:Brexit is nothing at all, if anything a net gain.

'No-deal' Brexit.

Higher unemployment: Demand from other EU countries constitutes around 12% of final demand for UK goods and services and this translates into around 3.3 million jobs.

A loss of GDP of nearly ten percentage points (Treasury, NIESR and the Centre for Economic Performance at LSE).

Currency volatility and financial market reactions: The Bank of England, in particular, has warned that Brexit will result in financial instability that could have damaging macroeconomic effects because of the financial openness of the UK.

It will accentuate inequality: The burden of Brexit will fall more heavily on low-income households (NIESR)

etc, etc.

:lol:
By fokker
ingliz wrote:Barnier has tested positive. Boris refuses to extend. With the chief negotiator out of the way and the EU saying there is not enough time to reach a deal, Brexit is done - Hard.

I wouldn't be so sure. If the virus hits the UK economy hard, the last thing the UK will need is hard Brexit. It will need to be delayed until economy recovers from coronavirus. It will take at least a year if not longer for Brexit to be realizable again.

To those who are religious ones this must look like some kind of omen. First delays due to MPs not willing to approve the withdrawal agreement and later this virus. Brexit is not meant to happen :lol:
By JohnRawls
fokker wrote:I wouldn't be so sure. If the virus hits the UK economy hard, the last thing the UK will need is hard Brexit. It will need to be delayed until economy recovers from coronavirus. It will take at least a year if not longer for Brexit to be realizable again.

To those who are religious ones this must look like some kind of omen. First delays due to MPs not willing to approve the withdrawal agreement and later this virus. Brexit is not meant to happen :lol:

In all honesty, let hard Brexit happen. If it's that bad then it's UKs fault. If it's that good then it's EUs fault. If it's just bad but not catastrophic then UK will have to decide for itself.
By Ter
JohnRawls wrote:In all honesty, let hard Brexit happen.

Yes !
Don't let the EU fascists continue to steal the fish swimming in British waters !
Close the chunnel !
Fuck Brussels !
:excited:
:D
By foxdemon
JohnRawls wrote:If it's just bad but not catastrophic then UK will have to decide for itself.

They just need to decide something, eh? :eh:

And how long will that take?
By JohnRawls
Ter wrote:Yes !
Don't let the EU fascists continue to steal the fish swimming in British waters !
Close the chunnel !
Fuck Brussels !
:excited:
:D

Well, what can i say Ter, although i agree that Brexit needs to happen, EU should make it as painful for UK as possible. Bleed them dry and flog them. :)
By SolarCross
JohnRawls wrote:Well, what can i say Ter, although i agree that Brexit needs to happen, EU should make it as painful for UK as possible. Bleed them dry and flog them. :)

That's fighting talk, fritz. 3rd time lucky eh? :hmm:
By JohnRawls
SolarCross wrote:That's fighting talk, fritz. 3rd time lucky eh? :hmm:

What are you going to do about it?

Ultimately Brexit is an endeavor that should happen but should not succeed... no... should not be permitted to succeed. I thank you for the sacrifice SolarCross.
By SolarCross
JohnRawls wrote:What are you going to do about it?

Ultimately Brexit is an endeavor that should happen but should not succeed... no... should not be permitted to succeed. I thank you for the sacrifice SolarCross.

Do about what? You have not done anything but weep bitter salty tears. You may continue to do so for all I care.
By Ter
JohnRawls wrote:EU should make it as painful for UK as possible.

That knife cuts on both sides bubbeleh.
Will you miss the billions that the UK sent to subsidise your stinking EU ?
Ze British fish for ze British people !
And keep your Polish plumbers lol.
By JohnRawls
Ter wrote:That knife cuts on both sides bubbeleh.
Will you miss the billions that the UK sent to subsidise your stinking EU ?
Ze British fish for ze British people !
And keep your Polish plumbers lol.

Blood for the blood god, skulls for the skull throne.
By JohnRawls
Now then. So where is Brexit right now from 1 to 10 where 1 is not fucked at all to 10 we are pretty much doomed? :lol:

By ingliz
JohnRawls wrote:doomed

Michel Barnier has warned David Frost that without a major negotiating shift by Downing Street within the next 48 hours he will pull out of the Brexit negotiations.

:)
By JohnRawls
ingliz wrote:Michel Barnier has warned David Frost that without a major negotiating shift by Downing Street within the next 48 hours he will pull out of the Brexit negotiations.

:)

Well yes, as I said before, there was little hope still left with Trump around. With him gone, there is absolutely no chance that UK will get a trade deal with the US now. So it puts the UK in a dire situation of sorts.
By JohnRawls
Where are you Brexit hopefulls? HELLO??

By JohnRawls
Hello? Brexiteers? Northern Ireland is waiting for your decision!?!?! Well??

By JohnRawls
Let us not forget about Scotland:

Moving the goalposts won't change the facts on th[…]

There were formidable defense lines in the Donbas[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 28, Thursday No separate peace deal with G[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Meanwhile, your opponents argue that everyone e[…]