The Next UK PM everybody... - Page 52 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
skinster wrote:Text

Uhhh, around couple of months ago you tried to persuade me that Corbyn has a coherent pro-remain policy for Brexit. Now you are posting an article that says he is a Lexiteer. Uhhhh..... Isn't it a bit too late to re-brand things with Corbyn not being the leader soon? :roll:
Zionist Nationalist wrote:The EU is hurting itself with their ridiculous policies and its undemocratic nature. if Brexist turns out successful more countries may follow in the future so the EU will do everything to make things worse for the UK.

Well, that's the 'plan' & we know what happens when they are set in motion-they fall at the first hurdle.

In general, I agree with your statement, to 'succeed' though, requires years of progress, through many avenues of interest, such as investment in science, technology, industrial, economic & cultural social changes in respect of the work ethic etc.
JohnRawls wrote:Uhhh, around couple of months ago you tried to persuade me that Corbyn has a coherent pro-remain policy for Brexit. Now you are posting an article that says he is a Lexiteer. Uhhhh..... Isn't it a bit too late to re-brand things with Corbyn not being the leader soon? :roll:

Corbyn, personally, is a Lexiteer and always has been. It's why he is so unconvincing when trying to argue for remain.

As for Labour's policy on Brexit: it wasn't nearly as muddled or nonsensical as it was portrayed to be. It was literally just "negotiate a better deal than Johnson and then hold a second referendum". You can debate whether it was the right policy (I don't think it was), but it's bollocks to pretend that it was incoherent.
Patrickov wrote:This apparently is yet another attempt to blame one's idol's failure entirely on the apparent malicious intentions of the said idol's enemy(s).

While this itself can be a valid point, keep in mind that there is an election or mass movement involved, and it is not like that the people involved do not have insufficient information. To be precise, many of them are probably aware of the said malicious motive.

If I were a Corbynite I would ask why there were so many people consciously "commit evil" and reject their saviour, instead of just accusing someone as Satan manipulating the souls. The "Satan" argument effectively assumes other people are foolish and guillible, which only serves to harden the people's hostile stance towards my side.

I think Corbyn has every right to voice the apparent "unfair" treatment, but his decision not to greatly enhanced my respect of him. His sons, as family, are also entitled to defend their father on his behalf. However, others probably should take this event in a more objective perspective.

I don't see how CORBYN can complain of 'unfair' treatment, it is par for the course in politics, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Also, CORBYN had no hesitation when directing his invective or vitriol at Boris JOHNSON, when he thought that there were votes in doing so, but which, like the rest of the game-plan, it failed in all respects.

Had Labour accepted defeat on the 2016 referendum, then declared that they would include another referendum to re-join the E.U in their manifesto for the following election, that would, although equally stupid, at least have been an honest position, compared to the pretence to 'negotiate' further, then let the people have a 'final' say on those talks, with the deceit of an 'option' to accept or reject that new 'deal', thus airbrushing away the decision to Leave by the 17.4 million leavers.

CORBYN & his party have utter contempt for democracy when it doesn't accord with their ideology.

JohnRawls wrote:Uhhh, around couple of months ago you tried to persuade me that Corbyn has a coherent pro-remain policy for Brexit.

:eh:
I don't recall doing this. I do recall repeatedly being pissed off at remainers whining about the result.

Now you are posting an article that says he is a Lexiteer.

He was/is.

Also:

Also, thanks for repeatedly reminding me how little attention you pay.

Uhhhh..... Isn't it a bit too late to re-brand things with Corbyn not being the leader soon? :roll:

:lol:
JohnRawls wrote:I mean Europe doesn't need to do much besides cutting off economic benefits of the EU depending on what UK wants. Its basically a choice to be a "subsidiary" state of the EU in a sense that you adopt all of our rules/regulations etc or loosing all economic benefits.

Switserland and Norway basically use our rules and regulations that we decide in the EU and are sort of independent but not in most economic issues if they want to trade with us. I doubt the UK can tolerate such a situation without having a say.

So the alternative is to loose most if not all economic benefits. This has been discussed ad nueseum already.

I have a hard time understanding how this is undemocratic. You can't have both the economic benefits of the EU and be outside of the EU.

EU is a globalist project intended to erase nations and create some bizarre multicultural utopian society and I think within a decade or two some countries like Poland,Hungary,Italy may leave as they will have to choose between their national identity and economical benefits

France,Germany,Scandinavian countries will most likely stay

The so called" European values" is all just a pretentious game
a game to make the people forget about their past because they know that the alternative is returning to nationalism and maybe fascism

Lets pretend that men and women are the dame even though we know thats not the case
lets pretend that trans are normal people and trans woman is just like a normal woman(not true)
we all must feel guilty for the past and should be ashamed at our heritage(especially germans) lets destroy it all and build something new without thinking about the consequences and future of our
people

this is what the EU is representing
skinster wrote:https://twitter.com/DerbyChrisW/status/1207739505559687169?s=20

IMHO
1. The quickest way to make everyone earn at least £10/hour is to devalue the pound.
2. £10/hour is hell of a price. Either price index will skyrocket, or production will slow in order to conserve expenses, or both. And the vicious circle continues.
Patrickov wrote:IMHO

Denis Healey had the right idea, "Tax the rich until the pips squeak".

There is something wrong when the richest 1,000 people in the UK have more wealth than the poorest 40% of households.
ingliz wrote:Denis Healey had the right idea, "Tax the rich until the pips squeak".

There is something wrong when the richest 1,000 people in the UK have more wealth than the poorest 40% of households.

This does not mean Corbyn's suggestions, if implemented, will be successful in doing this.
Why are the left so stupid, so ignorant?

Just watching "The Brexit Storm on BBC IPlayer. I had to replay it to check that I'd really heard what I thought I'd heard. John Macdonald :
The most right-wing candidate the most extreme right-wing cabinet we've ever seen in British political history,

How can anyone argue that Boris Johnson is more right wing than the Duke of Wellington? I mean the Duke was nothing like the Black Adder parody, but he was still way, way to the right of Boris Johnson.
Rich wrote:Why are the left so stupid, so ignorant?

Just watching "The Brexit Storm on BBC IPlayer. I had to replay it to check that I'd really heard what I thought I'd heard. John Macdonald :
How can anyone argue that Boris Johnson is more right wing than the Duke of Wellington? I mean the Duke was nothing like the Black Adder parody, but he was still way, way to the right of Boris Johnson.

Agreed. But this is simply due to an ignorance of history. This lack of historical perspective is symptomatic of almost everybody in the modern world, whether left, right or centre. Most people lack what Nietzsche called "the sixth sense" - a knowledge of history. Without it, they come out with bullshit like this. Compared to almost every political leader in the British Isles' entire history, Boris Johnson is a cuddly liberal. He regularly says things in public and adopts policies which would have got him arrested and imprisoned in the Tower of London as a dangerous radical back in the day. Lol.
skinster wrote:https://twitter.com/Card007Teri/status/1208351266109308928?s=20

Since 2005 is the key word. Not only did Blair got more than Corbyn he also managed to maneuver well and win with a much less votes 3 times in a row. I know you don't like him or hate him or whatever. But Blair was a good politicians in a sense of being elected at the least, you have to give him that even if you hate his policies.
JohnRawls wrote:
Since 2005 is the key word. Not only did Blair got more than Corbyn he also managed to maneuver well and win with a much less votes 3 times in a row. I know you don't like him or hate him or whatever. But Blair was a good politicians in a sense of being elected at the least, you have to give him that even if you hate his policies.
May I point out that by endorsing Blair's abilities it seems logical to endorse Johnson for the very same feat. I doubt whether that Member would be able to do that.
Patrickov wrote:May I point out that by endorsing Blair's abilities it seems logical to endorse Johnson for the very same feat. I doubt whether that Member would be able to do that.

Johnson did it once. Blair did it 3 times if we talk about general elections.
skinster wrote:https://twitter.com/KevinPascoe/status/1208685448786264070

Is it pure evilness and greed of the attackers that this thing happened?

Or is it that the policies or some presentations from the attacked group did not give confidence to the public?

--------

I must say, more often than not, it is his supporters which made us fear, not the person in concern.

Let me tell a story to elaborate the point.

The Councilorship of my residence was taken over by a democracy SJW in the elections happening last month. As he had been a central student movement figure, and his boss a very prominent SJW, I initially thought that fanatics would take over and start to unleash retributions. However, apart from a wild "party" happening the night after the election, nothing serious occurred.

Last Saturday, the to-be-councilor held a general assembly of residents. I was away so didn't attend, but my parents did, and they briefed me of it. It's found that the SJW is indeed a very practical version, suppressing most of his fanatics' proposals, while also gave appreciations to the outgoing incumbent for whatever factual feat done. This mostly, if not completely, removed my suspicion against him, because he seems keen to run the administration in a just and fair manner, instead of letting his ideology go over his head.

In comparison, I think Corbynites have not been controlled well, and had induced unnecessary (and sometimes unjust) fear.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Well decades after we are still here. So for all […]

I'm not American. Politics is power relations be[…]

@FiveofSwords If you want to dump some random […]

…. I don't know who in their right mind would be[…]