Corbyn was right... - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By B0ycey
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52048213

Interesting read. And he was most definitely right about being able to at least finance the social revolution as clearly if something needs spending the "money" on it can be found somewhere. Whether the contradictions of vast borrowing is sustainable I don't know. Although I suspect the cost would only be minor inflation. But we will see because the world is spending big!

Anyway it appears global growth has been at the expense of insecure job creation and low paid work. And I think when job losses figures are realised, the woke might even realise their class distinction and are going to be asking for their slice of the pie. In the UK, all sectors of the working class have asked for help and next it will be the zero hour contractors. I think Corbyn is also right that politics will never be the same again after this. I don't believe the same patch up can be achieved to fix this problem as was the case in 2008. Giving the money to cooperates only protects their interests and people aren't interested in low interest loans. They want jobs, security and a paycheck that sustains a standard of living. And you cannot do that with insecure work. You cannot really do that under Crony Capitalism. But you can do it with the Keynesian method. And that was Corbyns 2019 election campaign.
By Rich
Just because a view becomes popular doesn't make it right. For example Gender is a life style choice. Just because a view becomes unpopular doesn't it make wrong. For example regime change in Iraq. We just have too many sick / bad health people. And its only going to get worse. They are like a mill stone around the necks of our young people. Flooding our countries with cheap foreign labour in order to push down wages levels in order to staff the medical industrial complex is no solution. In the long run population inflation is far far worse than monetary inflation.
By B0ycey
Rich wrote:Just because a view becomes popular doesn't make it right. For example Gender is a life style choice. Just because a view becomes unpopular doesn't it make wrong. For example regime change in Iraq. We just have too many sick / bad health people. And its only going to get worse. They are like a mill stone around the necks of our young people. Flooding our countries with cheap foreign labour in order to push down wages levels in order to staff the medical industrial complex is no solution. In the long run population inflation is far far worse than monetary inflation.

I don't know what migration has to do with Nationalisation key industry and funding it or the job loses due to lack of spending and solutions to compensate loss of income but whatever. Please read what Corbyn said and tell me where he is wrong.
By B0ycey
SolarCross wrote:Is Corbyn pretending he foresaw a global pandemic?

No, he is just claiming that clearly we could have afforded his program. And people didn't reject his program on policy. They rejected it on cost.
By SolarCross
B0ycey wrote:No, he is just claiming that clearly we could have afforded his program. And people didn't reject his program on policy. They rejected it on cost.

The cost of this pandemic will haunt us too. It is a cost that every country is going to have to eat so at least we are not losing in relative competitiveness.
By Rich
B0ycey wrote:I don't know what migration has to do with

Immigration has a lot to with huge areas of our politics. Britain is an immigration junkie. Its the same way that the effects of heroin run through ever aspect of a smack addicts life. Britain's whole economy is based on a low wage, low corporate-tax, mass immigration model. But if I stop taking Heroin, I'm going to feel pain says the junkie. Yes the junkie is right, a long term high dosage user will feel pain, a lot of pain, physical pain, emotional pain, psychological pain. In the same way the immigration junkies are right, if we cut off our supply we will feel pain.

The Soviet Union was a fascist state. What is fascism, but the permanent and obsessive mobilisation of not just the economy but the whole nation for war. Now the Soviet Union wasn't a nationalist state it wasn't mobilised to go war for the nation like Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy or Showa Japan. It was mobilised to defend and spread Marxist theocracy. We are starting to look more and more like the Soviet Union. But instead of a military industrial complex we have a medical-care industrial complex. Like the Soviet Union in the long term it is just not sustainable.

The potential mass of death of overwhelmingly sick people from Chinavirus is just a symptom of this much longer term problem.
By B0ycey
I still don't see the link between nationalisation public services and this pandemic to mass immigration but you have tried your best.

Nonetheless, after reading what Corbyn said, you know the topic, was he wrong or not?
By snapdragon
yes, he was right, of course. There wasn't very much wrong with the Labour manifesto, though it went too far.

He lost the election because he supported Lexit, his perceived anti Semitism and and people just didn't like him.

I didn't like him. I still don't like him and wish Momentum would bugger off out of the Labour Party once and for all.

Yet, I voted Labour, despite my dislike of him and his looney left ideas and hypocritical cronies, because I believe he would've been reined in by the more sensible among the party, but who knows?

Most of us non- white men have found a different […]

we ought to have maintained a bit more 'racial hy[…]

@Unthinking Majority Canada goes beyond just t[…]

It is also speculation to say these humanitarian w[…]