Greece and turkey working toghether? (only greek and turks should go here) - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Greeks and Turks are knownbti be bitter rivals. This rivalry is originated almost 1000
years ago. Throughout all these thousand years greek and turkish populations in the greater "greece" area(modern greece and western turkey) have been adapting to each others civilisationwise. Honestly being a greek myself with a turkish mother, i see really a lots of similarities between greeks and turks than differences. My point is, the people of these countries nowadays are closer to each other than ever. This ancient rivalry is only political (only few nationalists [or uneducated] people believe in this anymore). This rivalry only serves the interests of foreign powers and ita more than obvious that great storms are coming for our world and only a united strong country in this region could stand up to the upcoming challenges. Should we try to cooperate and if yes how could that be done realistically? If you are to answer i beg you first have to put aside the past and the history , because we people shouldnt be mourning for our pasts, but preparing for the future.
I forgot to add, consider in your thoughts the very developed economic relationship of these two countries. I dont like to oversimplify things, this situation goes very deep into the roots of these two economies and politics. Thus think both their situations in these sectors. Youll see lots of bonding factors and common interests

@Drlee Unlike @JohnRawls I don't think Ameri[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Startup in Muscovy : mother of a Muscovite soldier[…]

Got to watch the lexicon. Heritable is not a real[…]

The only people creating an unsafe situation on c[…]