József Szájer: What does the MEP sex scandal tell us about Viktor Orban's Hungary? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Thunderhawk wrote:Can I get some clarification?
Is the Hungarian banning of same-sex marriage part of a package of anti-gay laws (homosexuality = sin, fines, prison, etc), a looking the other way when others act badly towards gays (violence, no-cause firing, etc) or is it no recognition (no gay marriage and no adoption) ?
Hungarian state views being a kin to 1980s USA or 1940s Germany is quite the difference, degrees mater.

What level was József Szájer involved in the above?

A number of Nazis had hidden homosexual preferences. Szájer apparently falls into that pattern. I don't believe that homosexuality is illegal in Hungary, but the general climate created by the governing party is obviously hostile towards gays, which drives gays underground and makes them subjects to blackmail. In a country were homosexuality is accepted, Szajer wouldn't have had to resign.

He's a founding member of the governing Fidesz party and participated in drafting anti-gay legislation.

No, I want you to be happy. I will be happy when[…]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/1781137192[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Desantis made it illegal for cities in Florida to […]