Holiday For Johnson! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By B0ycey
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/23/covid-travel-rules-will-include-stanley-johnson-loophole-for-second-homes

So Stanley can go on holiday if he fluffs up the pillows in his rented apartment from the 29th it seems. Everyone else gets a £5000 fine. Basically what Stanley did last year he can do again. Bojo likes his loopholes it seems for his family and friends. Like child care 800 miles away and driving to test your eye sight was ok last year, the rich with foreign second homes will be allowed to go on holiday now too as that is classed as essential travel.

The system is simply broken. :hmm:
B0ycey wrote:http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/mar/23/covid-travel-rules-will-include-stanley-johnson-loophole-for-second-homes

So Stanley can go on holiday if he fluffs up the pillows in his rented apartment from the 29th it seems. Everyone else gets a £5000 fine. Basically what Stanley did last year he can do again. Bojo likes his loopholes it seems for his family and friends. Like child care 800 miles away and driving to test your eye sight was ok last year, the rich with foreign second homes will be allowed to go on holiday now too as that is classed as essential travel.

The system is simply broken. :hmm:

The system is not broken @B0ycey - it is working exactly as it was always intended to work.
By B0ycey
Potemkin wrote:The system is not broken @B0ycey - it is working exactly as it was always intended to work.

Indeed, for those in power it runs smoothly.

But what I find annoying is that we have had businesses close, people unable to work and numerous reasons for travel restrictions, but rented accommodation is being allowed to set up as that is classed as essential travel? FUCK OFF! In what sense? We have people who haven't seen their families for over a year because they live in separate countries. So for this reason alone this loophole has no merit at all. And it only exists because Stanley likes his Greek Holidays.
B0ycey wrote:Indeed, for those in power it runs smoothly.

But what I find annoying is that we have had businesses close, people unable to work and numerous reasons for travel restrictions, but rented accommodation is being allowed to set up as that is classed as essential travel? FUCK OFF! In what sense? We have people who haven't seen their families for over a year because they live in separate countries. So for this reason alone this loophole has no merit at all. And it only exists because Stanley likes his Greek Holidays.

If you don't like the system, then try to change it. You're preaching to the choir here, @B0ycey.
By B0ycey
Potemkin wrote:If you don't like the system, then try to change it. You're preaching to the choir here, @B0ycey.

I know you are on the same page Pote. Although perhaps I prefer to vote my way to change. That is where our opinions change direction. :lol:
B0ycey wrote:I know you are on the same page Pote. Although perhaps I prefer to vote my way to change. That is where our opinions change direction. :lol:

Indeed. Good luck with that 'voting' thing, @B0ycey. :)

There's nothing more progressive than supporting b[…]

https://twitter.com/TheBigDataStats/status/1399589[…]

A man from Oklahoma (United States) who travelled […]

That was weird

No, it won't. Only the Democrats will be hurt by […]