UK seizes 10 million AZ vaccines destined for low-income countries from India - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Back in June, Astrazeneca partnered with India's Cepi and Gavin and the Serum institute in order "to bring vaccines to low and middle-income countries".

https://www.astrazeneca.com/media-centr ... ccine.html

The UK has announced it is taking 10 million vaccines produced in India by these companies and destined for poor countries, for itself:

https://www.reuters.com/article/health- ... SKCN2AV0A2
So not only they are refusing to share the know-how but they are using the production facilities for poorer countries for their own use. :roll:

*Fuck the poor* at an international scale

Reuters wrote:The UK government said the agreement follows assurances from the SII that providing doses to the UK would not impact its commitment to provide vaccines to poorer countries.

Yeah right.. I mean who the fuck believes this shit.

fuser wrote:So not only they are refusing to share the know-how but they are using the production facilities for poorer countries for their own use. :roll:

*Fuck the poor* at an international scale

Yeah right.. I mean who the fuck believes this shit.

Technically, they're telling the truth. It won't have any impact on their commitment to help poor countries because, in reality, no such commitment exists.
Rugoz wrote:"seizes"? The UK didn't seize anything.

Yes, the vaccines were rerouted to the UK via immaculate conception.

Rugoz wrote:P.S. I love how everybody is shitting on AstraZeneca when it's the only company in the West that made a non-profit pledge and actually produces vaccines cheap enough to be used in the developing world.

That's because nobody believes the folk-stories coming out of the press after the fight the company gave so as to not have its contracts published and all the figures that were censored in the process.

Why should anyone believe a word? On what basis exactly?
It's not conjecture, it's reality, it's reporting a fact that the UK has seized 10 million vaccine doses from India that were supposed to go to lower-income countries for itself. If you want to play semantics and rephrase this fact in a different way then go on.

AZ has been caught red handed today by Italian authorities effectively smuggling 29 million vaccines to the UK while pretending it is facing "manufacturing problems" in its Halix plant and hence its refusal to complete its application process (which the EU has promised to grant immediately) and start supplying the EU from the Netherlands.

https://www.politico.eu/article/italian ... la-stampa/
Seize is the wrong term because they paid a premium for them. India knew about it anyway but stopped the second shipment because they want the vaccines themselves. So the UK will have to wait a month.

But I don't want to sound like I am attacking the OP. The UK is using contracts to their advantage and those who are poor are losing out. I think that was the point being made, perhaps too aggressively, and I agree with that point nonetheless.
B0ycey wrote:Seize is the wrong term because they paid a premium for them.

Evidence required.

B0ycey wrote:India knew about it anyway but stopped the second shipment because they want the vaccines themselves. So the UK will have to wait a month.

Also evidence required.

India was caught off guard that vaccines were being rerouted to the UK and intervened just like the EU did.

None of these vaccines manufactured in the EU and India are the UK's vaccines by some kind of birth right or as often trumpeted "contractual obligation" when that contract remains opaque and as such the product of fantasy.
No mate, fantastic commentary does not pass for evidence.

Remittance and invoice for the particular passes for evidence.

You claimed the UK paid a premium for these vaccines made in India, provide invoice and remittance according to the UK's contract with AZ as the EU has done already.
noemon wrote:No mate, fantastic commentary does not pass for evidence.

Remittance and invoice for the particular passes for evidence.

You claimed the UK paid a premium for these vaccines made in India, provide invoice and remittance according to the UK's contract with AZ as the EU has done already.

You want me to provide an invoice for something that is confidential? It has been reported that the government paid a premium to get them quickly. But even if you don't want to believe me, my comment is on your claim about the vaccines being seized and as such doesn't actually matter what they paid. So how about you support your claim?
Whatever is reported by a government who refuses to publish its contract citing "national security" can be safely assumed to be false and the exact opposite of what is claimed.

The EU has published her contract and challenged the UK to prove its claims by supplying its own.

As long as the UK refuses to be transparent there can only be one safe conclusion especially in the face of overwhelming evidence like those 29 million vaccines uncovered in the EU.
Whatever. This is not news anymore. It has been abundantly clear that UK is not a good faith partner and that EU can't trust the UK anymore. Appropriate steps will be taken in regards to UK-EU relationship.

Also, the Russians are apparently not fans of Isr[…]

Some examples: https://twitter.com/OnlinePalEng/s[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I do not have your life Godstud. I am never going[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O