Ukraine Warns It May Go Nuclear - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Juin

Well, I tell you what, since Russia and the US started upgrading and modernizing their nuclear weapons Turkey has been talking about acquiring nuclear weapons and also citing the fact that Israel has them so why can't they have them too? With Turkey talking about getting nuclear weapons, Greece might follow. Pakistan and India have them and haven't directly fought each other since they both got them. North Korea has them. The point is, the major powers like Russia, the United States and China set the example and the tone for the rest of the world. These three countries have a leadership role to play and an example to set to the rest of the world. People take notice when the major, stronger powers like Russia and the U.S. do not respect the rights of smaller countries and don't engage in nuclear weapons reduction and disarmament.

China has nukes and has been threatening it's neighbors, when will those neighbors decide they need nukes to protect themselves? Australia can certainly build nukes if it wants to, I guarantee you that and they are not exactly thrilled about Chinese expansionism in the Pacific. So, with the "Big 3" not setting the example (Russia, US and China) on nuclear weapons, what will other countries do? Well, I'll tell you what they will do, they will go and develop their own nuclear weapons to protect themselves from bigger stronger countries.

They want their rights respected just like the "Big 3" want their rights respected. What gives right of the "Big 3" to violate the rights of the smaller countries? The "Big 3" do it all the time though and don't set the example on nuclear weapons proliferation and so others will seek to acquire those weapons to protect themselves and they are smart to do quite frankly speaking, given that world is governed by "might makes right" and "law of the jungle" rather than the genuine rule of law.

This is an excellent dissertation on why nukes are the great equalizers in present times. Was it not in the legends that "God made man, Sam Colt made them equal "? Is it a stretch to say, "God created nations, nukes made them equal?". How true it is, and for how long, no one knows; yet, undoubtedly, smaller, weaker nations are clearly seeing that nukes are the great equalizers.
@Juin

That's a good analogy. God made man and Sam Colt made men equal. It is like God made nations and Albert Einstein along with a couple of nuclear physicists made them equal with nuclear weapons. However, nukes like guns can be very dangerous if they are not properly safeguarded, don't have proper safety mechanisms in place and are in the hands of a criminal or mentally unstable person. Right now in the world, it's like the Wild West out there. Everybody wanted and carried guns in the Wild West and many scores and disputes were settled with guns too. That was a big a problem back then. Hence, why some towns in the Wild West regulated guns. But right now in the world it's the Wild West with prison rules. International relations are governed by the law of the jungle and might makes right so you better get your nukes before you become the next victim.
Juin wrote: A nuclear armed Ukraine is not in the interests of Miss Europe either.

This is just because EU defense ministers are a bit feminine.

It is in EU interests to have a nuclear mine between EU and the Russian bear
@Sandzak

I agree. Sometimes you got a man up and do what you got to do to protect your country from foreign invaders. That might mean acquiring nuclear weapons so that a country with a bigger army will you leave alone and won't mess with you. Or they will pay a very serious price for doing so. Right now, the reality is out there in international politics is that it's the law of the jungle without any real laws between nations that can be enforced. So you got get tough or die out there.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Sandzak

I agree. Sometimes you got a man up and do what you got to do to protect your country from foreign invaders. That might mean acquiring nuclear weapons so that a country with a bigger army will you leave alone and won't mess with you. Or they will pay a very serious price for doing so. Right now, the reality is out there in international politics is that it's the law of the jungle without any real laws between nations that can be enforced. So you got get tough or die out there.

Germany can become a nuclear power within 2h. But a nuke has to be tested without a test you do not if the A-Bomb works.

For Ukraine is the only solution to get a nuclear weapon or the war in the east will never end. Also the russian blockade of the Sea of Azov.

According a German news host are large deposits of fracking gas in the east.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/energy ... n-ukraine/
I think Ukraine should work with Turkey together to prepare nuclear weapons. They should not test them, due to international pressure, but have everything ready to test it within 2 hours like Germany. Ukrainian scientists have a lot experience with A-bombs, because they had owned such weapons, even more then Germans. Laser enrichment could be such fast.

There is a new axis Ukraine and Turkey:
Ukraine eyes more joint defense projects with Turkey
Ukraine-Turkey cooperation in field of military-industrial complex extends 'from earth to space,' says top Ukraine official

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/economy/ukrain ... ey/2132853

Politics_Observer wrote:"If Ukraine still had its nukes, it would probably still have Crimea," he writes.

If Ukraine still had its nukes, Yanukovych(or some other pro-russian leader) would probably still be in power and all the orange "revolutions"/maidans would have been crushed with Russian help - quite possibly 1968-style.

In the end, everything is just a game between the US and Russia. The so called "revolutions" and "maidans" were nothing but CIA regime-change operations(funded trough their numerous front organizations like NED, USAID and so on - that have a long history of doing this kind of thing) meant to corner Russia more and more. They may fool the unsuspecting ordinary populations of various countries, but the Russians know pretty well what's going on. That's why they took Crimea - so it won't become a NATO base - and they were RIGHT - today you can see NATO planes in Ukraine's airspace!

If they either try to make nukes or join NATO, they'd almost certainly be invaded by Russia before they get too far with their "objectives" - in the end it's Russia's national security at stake!

The dissolution of the USSR was preceded by numerous assurances from the west that NATO WON'T EXPAND TO THE EAST! https://nsarchive.gwu.edu/briefing-book ... ders-early

Not only did it happen(the eastwards expansion), but now they're getting far too close to Moscow.
If Ukraine still had nukes, one of them would have been peddled off to some jihadist group years ago and New York would be a smoking hole in the ground.

No chance in seven hells could Ukraine afford to even maintain a single nuclear missile brigade or sub. If it did hold onto a couple then they would have been Russian controlled nukes kept in Ukraine.

These colourful hypotheticals tickle my balls.

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]