EU President VDL felt hurt because of sexism during meeting with Erdogan - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Sandzak wrote:I do not think the Turks did this deliberately. Mistakes happen. What can the Turks gain by humiliating their biggest trade partner???

Erdogan gets votes and propaganda material. Turkish economy looses more trust and growth.
Sandzak wrote:In Pofo is still Junker on the images, not VDL. Is this also sexism?

Either it is deliberate, with no real political gain, still better for Erdogan then to apologize and admit his staff are amateurs.

We have Charles Michel on the banner who is the head of the council. The council is the most powerful institutions within the EU no doubt due to it basically consisting of every head of state from the EU.

VDL also sits on the council along with Michel and all other heads of state. So his presence on the banner is not totally unjustified.
Sandzak wrote:In Pofo is still Junker on the images, not VDL. Is this also sexism?

PoFo's banner has the President of the Council, if VDL or any other woman was the Council President, she would be in the banner.

Btw, on our banner that is not Juncker(but Charles Michel) and Juncker never was either Council President or in PoFo's banner.

Sandzak wrote:Either it is deliberate, with no real political gain, still better for Erdogan then to apologize and admit his staff are amateurs.

Of course it is deliberate from Erdogan, last time the 2 EU Presidents(Council, Commission) were in Turkey they both got a chair.

As long as settler colonialism is a thing, Octobe[…]

Don't strawman me . I don't believe in genetic su[…]

Wishing to see the existence of a massively nucl[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Speculation is boring and useless. Speculation is,[…]