France: Threatening Letter From Retired Generals to Macron - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
20 Generals in all. They read like ghosts from France's Algerian war; cut straight from the mould of putchist Generals Challe, Salan etc. These, along with like 1000 other Junior officers signed a letter penned in a French publication that has caused a stir in France. In this letter the said Generals warn France is at risk of Civil War, and thousands will die if Macron takes no steps to bring 'no-go' zones under control. Threatening that their comrades in arms, still in active duty, may be forced to intervene.

France threatens 'coup-plotting army staff' with JAIL – and the retired generals behind the plans face losing pay and privileges

A group of retired soldiers who have raised the prospect of a military coup to 'save' France from radical Islam are to lose their pay and privileges of rank, the country's armed forces chief said today.

The 18 serving officers who backed their calls have been threatened with jail.

Defence chief General Francois Lecointre said he would take disciplinary action against the generals and retired officers, who were among 2,000 who signed an open letter to the French President.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -JAIL.html
@Juin

To me this is shocking that military officers and generals would act in such a manner. This is just unthinkable and incomprehensible to me. Especially from officers and generals. The army has no say so in politics and simply does as its told when it is told to do so as long as those orders are lawful. It is extraordinarily dangerous and way out of line what these generals and officers did. Shocking and dishonorable.
Juin wrote:20 Generals in all. They read like ghosts from France's Algerian war; cut straight from the mould of putchist Generals Challe, Salan etc. These, along with like 1000 other Junior officers signed a letter penned in a French publication that has caused a stir in France. In this letter the said Generals warn France is at risk of Civil War, and thousands will die if Macron takes no steps to bring 'no-go' zones under control. Threatening that their comrades in arms, still in active duty, may be forced to intervene.

That's likely a career ender for active duty military officers. I find Politics_Observer's reaction amusing, as he sees no problem with it when military people criticize Trump.

Apparently, this rattled the French establishment pretty thoroughly. However, they are right. France is a shambles of its former self. The idea that multiculturalism was ever going to fly in France is just folly.

Politics_Observer wrote:To me this is shocking that military officers and generals would act in such a manner. This is just unthinkable and incomprehensible to me. Especially from officers and generals. The army has no say so in politics and simply does as its told when it is told to do so as long as those orders are lawful. It is extraordinarily dangerous and way out of line what these generals and officers did. Shocking and dishonorable.

Except when they are criticizing Trump, right?

Retired military leaders step up with fierce Trump criticisms
blackjack21 wrote:That's likely a career ender for active duty military officers. I find Politics_Observer's reaction amusing, as he sees no problem with it when military people criticize Trump.

Apparently, this rattled the French establishment pretty thoroughly. However, they are right. France is a shambles of its former self. The idea that multiculturalism was ever going to fly in France is just folly.

Except when they are criticizing Trump, right?

Retired military leaders step up with fierce Trump criticisms

Criticizing the head of state is nowhere near the same thing as threatening a coup. But I realize your Republican brain is too small to understand the difference, and that your neo-confederate fee-fees cannot handle any criticism of Don-Il-Douche.
@blackjack21

Our military leaders weren't threatening a coup like the French generals were. And honestly, as somebody who has served as an enlisted man, me personally, when I was in the service, I wouldn't dare criticize the political establishment. I would simply do as I am told and carry on and basically keep my mouth shut and any opinions to myself.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Sandzak

My apologies for getting off topic for the moment. What is the education system like in Switzerland and Germany? Is it really good? I would suspect the Germans have a good education system.

Switzerland and Germany have the dual education system. You work 50% and 50% you learn theory about the job + general education, during 3 Years minimum. By Theory it is comparable to the US college... Switzerland and South-Korea are the best in Work Skills Olypmpics.

France: Only Theory.

90% of Swiss population has a college/apprentice degree.

The bad education leads to unempoyment, young people without job are dangerous. Therefore France has so much Muslim serial killers/terrorists. France and Germany have a similar Muslim population.

Terrorism leads also to radicalisation on the French side.
@blackjack21

I wanted to share what Michael Cohen has to say about his former boss, Donald Trump now blackjack. Donald Trump doesn't care about you or any of his voters either. Trump is like a Putin or a Xi. They all ONLY care about ONLY themselves. Nobody else. That's a very hard lesson Michael Cohen had to learn. It's good to see Michael Cohen seemingly get back to his old self again that he had prior to meeting and going to work for Trump.

blackjack21 wrote:France is a shambles of its former self. The idea that multiculturalism was ever going to fly in France is just folly.

BJ, our resident expert on France. :lol:

Sandzak wrote:In Switzerland the French do the same jobs like Yugoslaws... their education system is crap, whereas the Germans perform at least like Swiss often better.

Pretty sure that's nonsense, the French are among the highest paid foreigners, on average.

Sandzak wrote:90% of Swiss population has a college/apprentice degree.

People increasingly get a college/university education on top of or instead of an apprenticeship. The share of the population with higher education is currently at 41.7%. That's not to say the apprenticeship system is bad, but workplace requirements are arguably changing.
Rugoz wrote:

Pretty sure that's nonsense, the French are among the highest paid foreigners, on average.

Statistics please about the french?

Yugoslaws are middle class but comparable to french

People increasingly get a college/university education on top of or instead of an apprenticeship. The share of the population with higher education is currently at 41.7%. That's not to say the apprenticeship system is bad, but workplace requirements are arguably changing.

First they make the "Lehre" later tertiary education.

Post Scriptum

Are you Croat? Or Romanian?
Sandzak wrote:Statistics please.

E.g. here:
https://www.bernerzeitung.ch/schweiz/we ... y/14336779
Zuwanderer aus Nord- und Westeuropa, vor allem aus Deutschland und Frankreich, verdienen 13,5 Prozent mehr als Ansässige.

Sandzak wrote:Are you Croat? Or Romanian?

Nope, Rugoz is a username I started to use in gaming a long time ago, but it's in fact motivated by this Rugoza guy, because I read a news article at the time and thought that's a neat username. :lol:
Politics_Observer wrote:@Sandzak

It sounds like France could learn from Switzerland and Germany. Especially, since Germany has a Muslim population but not the same problems as France. Personally, I think the U.S. could also learn from Germany and Switzerland too.

That is Merkel's success. CDU could get only %10 of Turkish votes in early 2000s, now conservatives get more than %50 of Turkish votes. Moderate Turkish people like CDU's family and pro-business policies.

Republicans dream came true in Germany. That is what they are trying to do in America.

Well one for example is that black people have da[…]

Yesterday, 25 April, on the day of Italy’s liberat[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Whatever he is as leader of Azerbaijan, he is righ[…]

A lot of Russians vacationing in Mexico. I have[…]