F****** Useless Poor Man Hancocks Breaks Covid Rules! - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-57612441

One thing Johnson has in common with Trump was they both always surround themselves with the best. :lol:

Not that I care about the affair, nor the appointment which I hope was legit (but probably not), but what I find amazing is that Hancocks was the main vocal critic against Covid advisor Ferguson doing the same damn thing this time last year and ultimately got him the sack and then couldn't follow up on his own words. Meeting up and not social distancing with a married lover during lockdown. You couldn't write up this kind of hypocrisy better if you tried.

Nonetheless I don't know what Johnson position is here. I would like to think he won't make Hancocks stand up and explain why what he did was within HIS OWN RULES and fall flat on his face looking like a complete nitwit when everyone knows what is being said is BS. So I hope to see a resignation given that is the noble thing to do. But if this guy hangs on like Cummings, and Number 10 keeps him on, then I would say there must be some serious skeletons in the Johnson cabinet given this is a sackable offence in anyones books. Not to mention the Queen refers to him as a Poor Man. :lol:
I feel like the biggest disappointment I experience with the US, UK and Australia comes primarily from the either utter incompetence of those who are highest up in our political systems or their clear rotten character. It appears that legitimacy does not keep these people in power because they’re such whackjobs who can’t seem to do one fucking sensible thing that something shields them from their own sheer incompetence and narrow self interest.

Why must we represented by utter dickheads, not even the veneer of leadership.
I'm increasingly convinced that Matt Hancock's whole purpose in this government is to be a lightning rod for criticism. There's no way anyone could naturally be this much of a disaster at literally everything. :lol:

It reminds me of David Mitchell describing John Prescott as the "wasp's cake" back in the New Labour days.

Wellsy wrote:Why must we represented by utter dickheads, not even the veneer of leadership.

I feel like this reflects our day-to-day lives pretty accurately, to be fair. For example, have you ever worked somewhere that wasn't run by complete fucking imbeciles? They need to be represented in government too! :lol:
Wellsy wrote:I feel like the biggest disappointment I experience with the US, UK and Australia comes primarily from the either utter incompetence of those who are highest up in our political systems or their clear rotten character. It appears that legitimacy does not keep these people in power because they’re such whackjobs who can’t seem to do one fucking sensible thing that something shields them from their own sheer incompetence and narrow self interest.

Why must we represented by utter dickheads, not even the veneer of leadership.

Indeed. I would like to hope this isn't just a phenomenon with the Anglos but it does seem more prominent (or noticeable) since Trump that people in power shouldn't be anywhere near power due to incompetence. And I suppose you could argue with is a 'nothing story' and a 'family matter' normally. But the parallels with Ferguson who was forced to resign (rightly so) and belittled by no other than Hancocks himself, you have to say today this is a big problem given the hypocrisy. I would say we need to drain the swamp. Not necessarily with corruption but just to get some normal, run of the mill, none hypocrites, politicans who actually want to make a difference for the people they represent rather than people who are in government for their own self interest. Hancocks has proven to be a liability so he needs to go.

Nonetheless I do like Sunak, so I suppose not everyone is incompetence . :lol:
To be fair, it's not just Anglos, although we do seem to be going through a particularly rotten spell over the last decade or so.

In France, for example, having affairs is practically a requirement for office. Francois Mitterand had a secret second family while he was president. :lol:
In the end, pressure mounted and Hancocks resigned. God knows how he could have done his job especially given the scandal, but I was looking forward to seeing him try. I was also looking forward to PM questions. But I guess I should congratulate him for managing to hang on for 24 hours. That must have been tough. :lol:
B0ycey wrote:Not necessarily with corruption but just to get some normal, run of the mill, none hypocrites, politicans who actually want to make a difference for the people they represent rather than people who are in government for their own self interest.

"Normal, run of the mill politicians" apparently don't display the necessary alpha male status.
Rugoz wrote:"Normal, run of the mill politicians" apparently don't display the necessary alpha male status.

Alpha male status? Matt Hancocks attraction for Coladangelo would have been his status in his position rather than his psyche or his physique.

I suppose I am merely a romantic who wishes for MPs to be part of members of the people who they represent rather than members of Eton and Cambridge who consider politics a form of career choice rather than a force for change.
B0ycey wrote:Alpha male status? Matt Hancocks attraction for Coladangelo would have been his status in his position rather than his psyche or his physique.

I suppose I am merely a romantic who wishes for MPs to be part of members of the people who they represent rather than members of Eton and Cambridge who consider politics a form of career choice rather than a force for change.

I mean British voters apparently prefer politicans who are good talkers and exhibit domineering behavior.

I don't know about this Hancock guy, but Boris falls into that category.
Rugoz wrote:I mean British voters apparently prefer politicans who are good talkers and exhibit domineering behavior.

I don't know about this Hancock guy, but Boris falls into that category.

Boris was a strong Brexiteer voice in a Remain Westminster environment hence why he became politically electable. His current strength is from other parties positions and their lack of cooperation and as such isn't universally liked in general and wouldn't be PM if the UK had electoral representation FYI. And things can change. I would say for example the SNPs strength is that they started off being a 'Not a Career Politican Party', then got into power on a protest, people liked what they saw in Scotland when they got into power and now dominate their politics. There is no reason to believe the same can't be true for the rest of the UK if one of the main parties changed the way they conduct themselves. But given all parties use the same rhetoric, they are perceived to be the same way today. And unfortunately they can act the same as well. Matt Hancocks was never regarded the same way as Boris from Brexiteers or the Conservative Party on the whole. The only person who seems sympathetic on his resignation is Boris at the moment.

What interests are those? He is an honorary US […]

If anyone wants to show an example of the IDF and […]

The tail has been wagging the dog.. Israel is a[…]

Candace Owens

She has, and to add gravitas to what she has said[…]