America, Russia and China's Political Game - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
We can say that:

1- America wants to weaken Russia.

2- Russia wants to resume its power.

3- China wants to convert its economic power into political power.

4- America wants to hinder the overgrowth of China.

5- China and Russia are not permanent allies.

6- Russia has a great military power but less powerful economy. Russia is the 11th economic power with 1,647,568 in 2021. However, Russia has the second strogest army in the world.

7- China has a great economic power but less powerful military and political power. China is the second economic power with a gross economic product of 16,862,979 million dollars in 2021. As regarding military power, China has the third strogest army in the world but less political influence.

8- America has the greatest military, economic and political power. America is first economic power in the world with a gross economic product of 22,939,580 in 2021. The American Army is the strongest army in the world.

The rules of this game among America, Russia and China are not very clear. We cannot expect exactly what they will do. Will the military power be used? Actually, the economic power is used in the conflict, but will we see a fierce economic conflict? Will we see a new political polarization all over the world? The developing countries will not leave the American ship in the near future, but we can't expect what will happen. We can say that the decisions of America, Russia and China will be more influencing than the actual balance of power.
China does not have much political power in the world because it is a dictatorial shithole, and for dictatorial shitholes around the world Russia is their true leader.

China does not appear to have much military power because they use a lot of them in oppressing their own people. Look at how they fare with the Indians, of all people?
:?:

Russia doesnt have the second strongest army in the world ? Their military spending is pretty small, actually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... penditures

They are at #5.

Heck, GERMANY spends more. Okay, Germany doesnt really count. Their military is a joke. They spend a lot on garbage.

Also Russia and China are permanent allies at this point. Thats because Russia keeps getting rejected by the west.

Patrickov wrote:China does not have much political power in the world because it is a dictatorial shithole,

Why, they are a dictatorship, yes.

They have increased in wealth considerably, keep doing so, and they are overall pretty well positioned, though. So I dont get the second part.
Negotiator wrote:

Russia doesnt have the second strongest army in the world ? Their military spending is pretty small, actually.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... penditures

They are at #5.

Heck, GERMANY spends more. Okay, Germany doesnt really count. Their military is a joke. They spend a lot on garbage.

Also Russia and China are permanent allies at this point. Thats because Russia keeps getting rejected by the west.

Why, they are a dictatorship, yes.

They have increased in wealth considerably, keep doing so, and they are overall pretty well positioned, though. So I dont get the second part.

There are different ways to look at it. First, they aren't exactly transparent about spending. I'd guess they're spending 5 to 6% GDP, which is pretty big. The USA also spends more on their military than they tell us...

They field the largest army in the region. That fits with my impression, Putin wants his tanks to keep rolling until he rebuilds the USSR.

Russia and China go back and forth between being allies and enemies. They don't like each other. There were border skirmishes 20-30 years ago.

Their economy used to be on a par with Italy, it's less than that now.

AFAIK the USA "hides" some of its military spending, namely the maintenance of their nuclear potential, in other parts of their budget. Other than that their military spending is already quite lavish and excessive and thus its hard to see why they would need to hide much in other places.

And yes, back in the cold war Russia and China had border disputes etc. The Russia - China relationship is great right now, though, and I remember reading they will form a formal military relationship this year. Its hard to see how that would be a bad idea for either of them.

I am not aware that Putin wants the soviet union back. I know that some of his political opponents from the communist party want that, though. The irony is that Putin is a relative conservative politician who always tried to get a good relationship with the rest of Europe, but the europeans denied him.

Either way the soviet union of old is gone. Because the big part of the soviet union was that they had many allies in east europe. That no longer would be the case.
Wael El-Manzalawy wrote:1- America wants to weaken Russia.

I would argue this is not true. America would certainly welcome a democratic and friendly Russia.

If anything America wants to weaken Putin, not Russia. This is the thing many people don't understand. For a brief period between the fall of USSR and Putin, Russia-west relations where looking pretty good until Putin fucked it up.

There is a clear difference between the people of a nation, and it's leadership. This is a difference that authoritarian regimes and autocrats the likes of Putin/Xi don't like, because it makes it harder to use their populace for their personal gain. Hence why these regimes try hard to make their populace believe that "a criticism of the regime, is a criticism of the people"

That's he game they play, and that's the bullshit many of our pofo idiots fall for.
Rancid wrote:I would argue this is not true. America would certainly welcome a democratic and friendly Russia.

If anything America wants to weaken Putin, not Russia. This is the thing many people don't understand. For a brief period between the fall of USSR and Putin, Russia-west relations where looking pretty good until Putin fucked it up.

There is a clear difference between the people of a nation, and it's leadership. This is a difference that authoritarian regimes and autocrats the likes of Putin/Xi don't like, because it makes it harder to use their populace for their personal gain. Hence why these regimes try hard to make their populace believe that "a criticism of the regime, is a criticism of the people"

That's he game they play, and that's the bullshit many of our pofo idiots fall for.

When [feaux] democracy becomes a religion.
Crantag wrote:When [feaux] democracy becomes a religion.

Meh, democracy has all sorts of issues. That said, hybrid systems which lean towards democratic principles are better than authoritarian bullshit.
Negotiator wrote:
1) AFAIK the USA "hides" some of its military spending, namely the maintenance of their nuclear potential, in other parts of their budget. Other than that their military spending is already quite lavish and excessive and thus its hard to see why they would need to hide much in other places.

2) And yes, back in the cold war Russia and China had border disputes etc. The Russia - China relationship is great right now, though, and I remember reading they will form a formal military relationship this year. Its hard to see how that would be a bad idea for either of them.

3) I am not aware that Putin wants the soviet union back. I know that some of his political opponents from the communist party want that, though. The irony is that Putin is a relative conservative politician who always tried to get a good relationship with the rest of Europe, but the europeans denied him.

4) Either way the soviet union of old is gone. Because the big part of the soviet union was that they had many allies in east europe. That no longer would be the case.

1) You would think so, but it's actually a very real and serious problem. The Pentagon has never been successfully audited.

2) If somebody offers you to join, take a hard pass on joining the Dictators Club.

3) Putin calls the collapse of the USSR the worst tragedy of the 20 Century. He's not only trying to put the old gang back together, he's pushing for more.

4) A lot of those countries do a lot to stay on his good side..
Rancid wrote:Meh, democracy has all sorts of issues. That said, hybrid systems which lean towards democratic principles are better than authoritarian bullshit.

This is all bullshit honestly. The US has this notion permeating all levels of it's society that all countries should follow it's feaux vision of democratic governance. The irony of course is it is a disingenuous notion of 'follow what I say not what I do.' And the 'follow what I say' part extends to 'electing' the 'right' leaders.
Crantag wrote:This is all bullshit honestly. The US has this notion permeating all levels of it's society that all countries should follow it's feaux vision of democratic governance. The irony of course is it is a disingenuous notion of 'follow what I say not what I do.' And the 'follow what I say' part extends to 'electing' the 'right' leaders.

sure whatever
Rancid wrote:sure whatever

My background on this is my time in China. Democracy is just a buzz word. Like all political terms it means almost nothing. But most Americans reflexively believe that any country which is not recognized by America as a [feaux] democracy is an authoritarian shithouse country.
Crantag wrote:The US has this notion permeating all levels of it's society that all countries should follow it's feaux vision of democratic governance.

Nonsense. The US is rather flexible in that regard. It doesn't impose its own (outdated) model on others.

Crantag wrote:My background on this is my time in China. Democracy is just a buzz word. Like all political terms it means almost nothing.

No doubt it's utterly meaningless when China claims to be "democratic". :lol:
Rugoz wrote:Nonsense. The US is rather flexible in that regard. It doesn't impose its own (outdated) model on others.

That's essentially the point. The US has it's great allies like Columbia and of course Saudi Arabia, etc. And when it comes to say China, they are considered non-democratic authoritians. It has nothing to do with systems of government. But American sheep (the majority of Americans) constantly recite the common narratives.
Crantag wrote:
This is all bullshit honestly. The US has this notion permeating all levels of it's society that all countries should follow it's feaux vision of democratic governance. The irony of course is it is a disingenuous notion of 'follow what I say not what I do.' And the 'follow what I say' part extends to 'electing' the 'right' leaders.

Rancid wrote:
sure whatever

---

Participation of the United States in regime change in Latin America involved US-backed coups d'état aimed at replacing left-wing leaders with right-wing leaders, military juntas, or other authoritarian regimes.[1] Lesser intervention of economic and military variety was prevalent during the Cold War in line with the Truman Doctrine of containment, but regime change involvement would increase after the drafting of NSC 68 which advocated for more aggressive combating of potential Soviet allies.[2]

Several instances of intervention and regime change occurred during the early-20th-century "Banana Republic" era of Latin American history to promote American business interests in the region.[1] United States influenced regime change in this period of Latin American history started after the signing of the Treaty of Paris in the wake of the Spanish-American War. Cuba gained its independence, while Puerto Rico and the Philippines were occupied by the United States.[3] Expansive and imperialist U.S. foreign policy combined with new economic prospects led to increased U.S. intervention in Latin America from 1898 to the early 1930s.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... in_America

Sure, the advocates of fascism (or wholism as I p[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Saw an article about this story earlier in the mo[…]

@Godstud " blowjobs" You are like […]

@Rich more veterans lose their lives in peace ti[…]