Serbian Icon Theft in Ukraine - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Bosnian Serb Leader Dodik Admits Grilling Over ‘Icon’ Case

Milorad Dodik on Thursday said he was summoned by prosecutors in connection with the ancient icon that has become the centre of a diplomatic tussle with Ukraine – which claims ownership.

Bosnian Serb leader Milorad Dodik, Serbian member of the Bosnian presidency, confirmed on Thursday that he had been called to the Prosecution in connection with the case of the 300-year-old Ukrainian icon that he presented to Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov in December during his visit to Bosnia.

Ukraine claims he had no right to give away the gilded icon of St Nicholas that it says originates from eastern Ukraine.

Dodik remained defensive about the issue on Thursday, however. “The icon does not belong to Ukraine because it did not seek it. There is no case here, no evidence, no crime. Everything is a lie,” he said.

After it was published that Dodik had given Lavrov the icon, the Ukrainian embassy sent a protest note to the Bosnian Foreign Ministry, seeking “detailed information on the origin of this item”.

On December 23, Russia returned the icon to the Bosnian embassy in Moscow. A few days later, the Bosnian ambassador to Russia brought the icon back to Bosnia and handed it back to Dodik.

The Prosecutor’s Office of Bosnia opened a case on December 18.

Ukraine claims the icon is part of its cultural heritage and originates from Lugansk in eastern Ukraine, part of a region now held by Russian-backed separatists. Lugansk is currently the capital and administrative centre of the Lugansk People’s Republic, an unrecognised breakaway state established in 2014 by the separatists.

The Bosnian Serb news agency SRNA published a photo of the icon and a seal confirming its authenticity, which clearly shows that its origin was in Ukraine. According to the Ukrainian media, it was used as the seal of the Ukrainian Committee for Culture in 1920.

Dodik said earlier that the icon was now in a safe in his office in East Sarajevo, in Republika Srpska, the Serb-led entity of Bosnia.

https://balkaninsight.com/2021/02/04/bo ... icon-case/

I think it is time to end the genocidary creation of Republika Srpska!

Even for Russians is this too much.
Okay, but this was news in February, 2021. Could you make the connections a bit clearer?

Edit - I just realized it’s THE St Nicholas they’re fighting over …like Santa. Interesting.
Sandzak. Have you any idea the rabbit hole you’ve sent me down? HAVE YOU?
Okay, so let me get this straight. This whole thing is a dispute about who owns a picture of Santa? :eh:
Sandzak wrote:Icons are holy for orthodox christians.

It is robbery of art.

Wait, so they worship Santa? Are you sure they’re not just dyslexic Satanists? :eh:
Well, Santa is a pretty important icon for certain parts of the world. But there’s two Santa icons in question here. One was ‘misplaced’ the other was returned.
What do you expect when even PoFo's resident Serb, I.e. Independent_Srpska, is a Lebensunwertes Leben?
Patrickov wrote:What do you expect when even PoFo's resident Serb, I.e. Independent_Srpska, is a Lebensunwertes Leben?

So Santa won’t be visiting their house this Christmas then. Naughty children don’t get any presents.
Potemkin wrote:So Santa won’t be visiting their house this Christmas then. Naughty children don’t get any presents.

Hey, do not make fun of Santa!!! :moron:

Santa was forcefully expelled from Muslim parts of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Since then we hide him and provide sanctuary to him!

That's something you insensitive people simply can't understand! :evil:

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... story.html
The amount of interest everyone has in foreign countries is proportional to the shared culture language or history with the United States. In fact, I don't think anyone will name a difference between the Balkans states, East Asia, Africa, so forth....
Mike12 wrote:The amount of interest everyone has in foreign countries is proportional to the shared culture language or history with the United States. In fact, I don't think anyone will name a difference between the Balkans states, East Asia, Africa, so forth....

Exactly, @Mike12. They're not True AmericansTM, so who gives a fuck what they get up to?

A bunch of dodgy foreigners from Europe's bad neighbourhood steal pictures of Santa from each other, and we're supposed to care.... :roll:
Mike12 wrote:The amount of interest everyone has in foreign countries is proportional to the shared culture language or history with the United States. In fact, I don't think anyone will name a difference between the Balkans states, East Asia, Africa, so forth....

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Are people on this thread actually trying to argu[…]

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]