'The West has the means to help Ukraine finish the war' - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Europe's nation states, the E.U. & Russia.

Moderator: PoFo Europe Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
It's good that NATO continues to train Ukrainians. This Putinist scourge needs to driven out of Ukraine, so it can grow and prosper as the Baltics have, and as Poland has. The Putin vision for Eastern Europe is pure shit, pure 19th century bullshit.
The "West" won't do shit. Russia did succeed at one thing, and that's to shatter the illusion of American hegemony.

NATO is doing squat. It's the mare-ass minimum, and NATO is nothing but an embarrassment. :knife: A paper tiger.
Godstud wrote:
The "West" won't do shit. Russia did succeed at one thing, and that's to shatter the illusion of American hegemony.

NATO is doing squat. It's the mare-ass minimum, and NATO is nothing but an embarrassment. :knife: A paper tiger.

I take the opposite view on every point..
Godstud wrote:The "West" won't do shit. Russia did succeed at one thing, and that's to shatter the illusion of American hegemony.

So NATO is doing squat and the mighty Russian military is still completely stuck in Ukraine? How would that shatter the illusion of American hegemony? :eh:
I never said Russian military prowess was worth a shit, but USA is standing there with its thumb up its butt, and NATO hasn't done anything.

I have never said I condoned this invasion, at ANY time. Neither have I said that this tactic was actually successful.

Here is an interesting article:
https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/usappblog/2022/ ... f-ukraine/
So there seem to be a number of cretins on the forum that mistake me for a Russian fan boy. Take Syria I predicted years before the conflict broke out that the Assad regime would not be removed like Saddam and Gadaffi. The is was not a view that was popular with the cheer leaders for the Western establishment. But equally I had no time for the view that Assad's survival had was due to the awesome power of the Syrian and Russian military.

Even as it was the Assad regime was nearly swept away even though there was no viable alternative acceptable to Israel, Saudi and the West. Neither Israel or Saudi would accept a unitary Sunni Arab Muslim Brotherhood dominated state, because it would have had too much legitimacy, threatening both the Saudi monarchy and Israels control over the Palestinian territories. Russia's entry or expansion of their intervention was not a good option for Israel it was just the least bad at the time.

So yes the Russian military is really not that great. Yes they failed to knock out Ukraine in time. Russia's invasion could have been defeated by now. The reason that Ukraine has not turned this war around in the last 6 months is because the West didn't want it to. Russia just has far too much leverage over Israel and the ability to create chaos in the middle East. Yes a lot of Russian weapon systems are not top notch, but in the hands of Assad, Hezbollah, the Iraqi Shia militias and the Iranian revolutionary Guard these have the potential to cause immense amounts of trouble. And that's just conventional weapons, if Russia really wants to up the ante they can start supplying NBC weapons and consider arming Al Qaeda, and Islamic State groups.
Russia is still only employing 180,000 guards troops and mercs in Ukraine, with Kiev throwing over 700,000 at the defensive lines and the Russians are still taking territory. Only territory kiev has ever retaken is that which the Russians first abandoned. Russian army isn't even involved in the conflict. Russian airforce is barely involved, with only air elements of the black sea fleet employed. Russian army is out in Siberia doing military exercises with India and China.

Tell me more about how well this is going for the west.
Igor Antunov wrote: [...] Only territory kiev has ever retaken is that which the Russians first abandoned.

Just why do you think they abandoned it :)

"Guard troops"? What is that? Scraped together from the far east of Russia, with almost no fighting experience let alone basic training. Cannon fodder.
If Putin uses its army in the west China would probably use the invitation. There may also be a uprising of families and protesters when too much regulars from bigger cities become casualties of Putin's "peacekeeping operation"/"special operation"/operationtotakeKyyivinthreedays.
If Kyiv has indeed 700,000 soldiers as you say (and what i doubt) they will win.

Russia is running short of its goal, and experts say Russia will lose. I am not so sure, but we will see.
Wels wrote:
"Guard troops"? What is that?

If Putin uses its army in the west China would probably use the invitation. There may also be a uprising of families and protesters when too much regulars from bigger cities become casualties of Putin's "peacekeeping operation"/"special operation"/operationtotakeKyyivinthreedays.
If Kyiv has indeed 700,000 soldiers as you say (and what i doubt) they will win.

Russia is running short of its goal, and experts say Russia will lose. I am not so sure, but we will see.

Putin would have to declare war. It's status as a special military operation limits his ability to deploy troops. His problem there seems to be declaring war would get Russian mothers riled up. Don't ask me to explain that, but Russian mothers have a lot of political power to protest war.

If Putin annexes the Donbass, that would still be a devastating loss for Ukraine, but a tough sell for Putin to sell it as a win.

I don't think anyone knows what Putin will do now, not even Putin..
Igor Antunov wrote:Russia is still only employing 180,000 guards troops and mercs in Ukraine, with Kiev throwing over 700,000 at the defensive lines and the Russians are still taking territory. Only territory kiev has ever retaken is that which the Russians first abandoned. Russian army isn't even involved in the conflict. Russian airforce is barely involved, with only air elements of the black sea fleet employed. Russian army is out in Siberia doing military exercises with India and China.

Bless your heart.
Independent_Srpska wrote:

Geniuses at play.

Putin is doing a scorched earth attack. He will bring in Russians to replace them.

That's a Stalin tactic. Stalin was a long, long way from smart, much less genius, but he knew dead people wouldn't bother him.

I'd ask for you to try harder, but..
late wrote:Putin is doing a scorched earth attack. He will bring in Russians to replace them.

That's a Stalin tactic. Stalin was a long, long way from smart, much less genius, but he knew dead people wouldn't bother him.

I'd ask for you to try harder, but..

Putin is doing exactly opposite of scorched Earth tactics.

Scorched Earth is NATO tactics.

This is ridiculous. Articles showing attacks on s[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab […]

Pretty clear France will be taking a leading role […]

He is even less coherent than Alex Jones. My gu[…]