The joys of the Modern Liberals agenda! - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Modern liberalism. Civil rights and liberties, State responsibility to the people (welfare).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By PBVBROOK
No no sport. You are not going to get away with that. YOU tell me why a man who marries a woman with children is unhealthy. That was your ignorant assertion. So do it now.

You won't. You are one of the three I described above.

What a joke. God you must be having fun trolling.

I would like to thank you for something. I would like to thank you for proving to me that the conservatives on this forum who do not join in shouting you down agree with you. Their silence speaks volumes. Maybe you are cutting into their Rush Limbaugh time.
By DanDaMan
No no sport. You are not going to get away with that. YOU tell me why a man who marries a woman with children is unhealthy.
Because healthier men look for a clean start. Not women caught in the quagmire/drama of another mans child.
By Huntster
Those who want health care and a decent life for all are usually those with "hard hearts"?

No.

Those willing to finish off the economy in order to believe they've achieved it are.

Interestingly enough, they are also often called the "bleeding hearts" which kind of suggests the opposite.

It isn't the opposite at all. Their hearts bleed while their minds are shut down (thus the phrase "hard of heart").

Strange right-wing contradictions.

Typical left-wing failure to understand.
By PBVBROOK
Conservatism. A political philosophy once taught at the great universities of the world. Now fed to the unwashed by one-hour pseudo news programs. *see trailer park.
By Order
Huntster wrote:It isn't the opposite at all. Their hearts bleed while their minds are shut down (thus the phrase "hard of heart").

Using "hard hearts" for "shutting down of their minds" is an appalling failure of your ability to use metaphours correctly within a given cultural context, to say the least.

Huntster wrote:Typical left-wing failure to understand.

No, just right-wing ambiguity. :)
By Zerogouki
Redstone attended the prestigious Boston Latin School, where he graduated first in his class. He then attended Harvard College, where he completed his B.A. in three years. Later, Redstone served in World War II, serving with the team that decoded Japanese messages for the United States Army.[4] Upon completion of his Army service, he worked in Washington, D.C. and attended Georgetown University Law School. He transferred into Harvard Law School and received his LL.B., later amended to a Juris Doctor, from that institution.
After completing law school, Redstone worked for the U.S. Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. and San Francisco, and then went into private practice. After a few years in practice, he joined his father's theater chain.

Randall Lynn Stephenson, Jr. (born 22 April 1960 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma) is an American business executive.
Stephenson replaced Edward E. Whitacre, Jr. as chairman and chief executive officer of AT&T Inc. in 2007. He was senior executive vice president and chief financial officer of Southwestern Bell Telephone Company, which he joined in 1982. He was elected as a director of AT&T Inc. in June 2005. He also serves as a director of AT&T Mobility and Emerson Electric Co.
He holds a B.S. from the University of Central Oklahoma and an MBA from the University of Oklahoma.

I see absolutely nothing in either of those to indicate a political affiliation.

So let's deal with that.. if asked... what would you say is the best family unit for raising a child?

Me and three or four bisexual women, obviously.
By ninurta
DanDaMan wrote:Because healthier men look for a clean start. Not women caught in the quagmire/drama of another mans child.

How so? What? A healthy man can't fall in love with a woman who was widowed or divorced unless he has something wrong with him?

I hope I am misunderstanding you. I really truly do.

DanDaMan wrote:Explain to me why a man wanting his own family and a woman with no children is unhealthy?

That is not his arguement. What PBVB is saying is that what you said was just not right. And if it is, please provide whatever evidence you can. A man falls in love, and if he doesn't want children or only wants his own, that says nothing about his health, but it says everything about what his desire is.

Zerogouki wrote: Me and three or four bisexual women, obviously.

lol, nice :lol:
By DanDaMan
How so? What? A healthy man can't fall in love with a woman who was widowed or divorced unless he has something wrong with him?
Correct. A healthy man looks for a women to marry that has no baggage (another mans child). To marry a woman with baggage is to think you can do no better.
Last edited by DanDaMan on 14 Oct 2009 22:21, edited 1 time in total.
By ThereBeDragons
Also, men who marry women who aren't rich or aren't 10s are also unhealthy.
By Huntster
Conservatism. A political philosophy once taught at the great universities of the world. Now fed to the unwashed by one-hour pseudo news programs. *see trailer park.

Redneck:

1) The last and only social group the Left appears to have self-permission to insult, primarily because they're white (no race issues) and they tend to be conservative (they didn't attend Leftist Indoctrination Centers, otherwise known as "universities")

2) The American lower to lower-middle class that occupies the interior of the United States and which has been abandoned by the "Great Society" because they tend to be conservative
By PBVBROOK
..... (they didn't attend Leftist Indoctrination Centers, otherwise known as "universities")

A lack of education they make painfully obvious every time they open their.........
By Huntster
Quote:
..... (they didn't attend Leftist Indoctrination Centers, otherwise known as "universities")

A lack of education they make painfully obvious every time they open their.........

........mouths with common sense instead of liberal propaganda.
By PBVBROOK
Common sense is usually uncommon and even more rarely sensible.
By ninurta
DanDaMan wrote:Correct. A healthy man looks for a women to marry that has no baggage (another mans child). To marry a woman with baggage is to think you can do no better.

Not everyone thinks of "how to do better" when they want to get married. I personally can care less, if I love the woman that is enough, it has nothing to do with what better options there are. Marrying Bill Gates is a better option, I would be wealthy as hell, but I am not interested in doing so because I want someone who I can connect with at a personal level, if that is someone with a child or not, that is another issue entirely. You my friend, have a very narrowminded view as to why people get married.
By DanDaMan
Not everyone thinks of "how to do better" when they want to get married. I personally can care less, if I love the woman that is enough, it has nothing to do with what better options there are. Marrying Bill Gates is a better option, I would be wealthy as hell, but I am not interested in doing so because I want someone who I can connect with at a personal level, if that is someone with a child or not, that is another issue entirely. You my friend, have a very narrowminded view as to why people get married.
There are a lot of reasons to get married.
I'm just pointing out that healthier people pick to engage with mates free of baggage.
If you look to build a relationship with a woman with baggage you do so because your purposely avoiding looking for a better woman.

All you are giving me are excuses.
An excuse is a sign of an unhealthy mind when compared to one that seeks better relationships.

Think of it this way...
Buying a used car is buying it because you fail to wait till you can afford a new one.
By ninurta
DanDaMan wrote:There are a lot of reasons to get married.
I'm just pointing out that healthier people pick to engage with mates free of baggage.
If you look to build a relationship with a woman with baggage you do so because your purposely avoiding looking for a better woman.

All you are giving me are excuses.
An excuse is a sign of an unhealthy mind when compared to one that seeks better relationships.

Think of it this way...
Buying a used car is buying it because you fail to wait till you can afford a new one.

Though I agree I prefer a woman without children, that doesn't mean I am unhealthy if I like one with what you call "baggage", and I call children.
By ThereBeDragons
Men who marry women who are not rich, or supermodel-beautiful, are failures since they could find better women elsewhere.

It means he has an unhealthy mind and is purposely avoiding looking for the rich, beautiful, intelligent women he could marry instead.
By DanDaMan
Though I agree I prefer a woman without children, that doesn't mean I am unhealthy if I like one with what you call "baggage", and I call children.
Another mans child means another man can show up one day. Who needs that drama?
Another mans child means that child has probably seen men come and go. What responsible man potentially adds to that child's jaded view of womens relationships with more and more men?

Then there is the knight in shining armor syndrome where the fair maiden and her child need rescuing.
That's not love. That's a pity. That's not a healthy foundation for a relationship.
By ninurta
DanDaMan wrote: Another mans child means another man can show up one day. Who needs that drama?

Show up and what? If they were divorced and I marry the woman for instance, what drama will there be? Chances are he pays child support and is already still in the picture when taking care of the child. For someone so against single parents, you seem to be screaming "single mothers need to stay single!!!" :lol:

Another mans child means that child has probably seen men come and go. What responsible man potentially adds to that child's jaded view of womens relationships with more and more men?

I was that child in which you are talking about, the kind of many who would do that is the kind that loves a woman and wants to help stabilize the family unit. While I was not that father, I was that child and still am, and since my step father came into the picture, I have a very different view of father's, radically different. They are no longer the guy who walks out of the room as soon as he sees me, but the person who actually says hi and stays a while.

Then there is the knight in shining armor syndrome where the fair maiden and her child need rescuing.
That's not love. That's a pity. That's not a healthy foundation for a relationship.

What are you talking about? I really don't care what fantasies some people have of saving a woman through pity, that's irrelevant.
By DanDaMan
Show up and what? If they were divorced and I marry the woman for instance, what drama will there be? Chances are he pays child support and is already still in the picture when taking care of the child. For someone so against single parents, you seem to be screaming "single mothers need to stay single!!!" :lol:
For the sake of the child they do. Just read the paper... How many boyfriends do you read about shacking babies to death? Far too many as far as I am concerned.
And do these children need to watch and live with moms drama as she goes through different men finding Mr Right? No. Children need stability. They do not need a mother not focused on them.

@Godstud , @Tainari88 , @Potemkin @Verv […]

Everyone knows the answer to this question. Ther[…]

@QatzelOk , the only reason you hate cars is beca[…]

But the ruling class... is up in arms about the f[…]