Suggested Reading? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Modern liberalism. Civil rights and liberties, State responsibility to the people (welfare).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Nikkolas
I used to think I was a fascist but this was shot down namely because I'm not a nationalist and I'm becoming a bit more philosophical in my world views. I used to think very firmly in a black-and-white way but now I feel most everything is grey. And people should have the right to say and think whatever they want because things like morals and ethics are totally subjective.

So my emphasis would seem to be on social freedoms but a strong government influence in the economy. Just from a quick Google search wikipedia says this would be social liberalism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_liberalism

So are there any good texts more learned people here could suggest for me to read?
By Wolfman
Rousseau is a good foundation. As is Hobbes and Locke. Outside that I personnaly read what I can get my hands of people with opposing views (I'm an Anti-Capitalist who is trying to find a copy of On the Wealth of Nations). It's good to get opposing view points not nessicarily to refute them, but to see what you don't know. Learning is a process of growth, and you grow more the more varied the subjects you study.
By Zerogouki
The economic component of fascism is called corporatism, and is indeed the main thing that fascism has going for it.

@Godstud , @Tainari88 , @Potemkin @Verv […]

Everyone knows the answer to this question. Ther[…]

@QatzelOk , the only reason you hate cars is beca[…]

But the ruling class... is up in arms about the f[…]