Has Anti-Racism Become as Harmful as Racism in the USA? - Page 6 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Modern liberalism. Civil rights and liberties, State responsibility to the people (welfare).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Julian658 wrote:Many assume white people are racists just because they have pink skin. That is racism! Happens everyday!
Many like you assume any discrepancy in an argument must be racism. That is racism!
:lol: False premise. That's complete nonsense.

Racism: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.
"a program to combat racism"

How are white people marginalized? They certainly aren't the minority. How are they harmed in any conceivable way?

Being against racism is anti-racist, and it's no religion. It's calling out racists for the things they say and do. As you have said racist things in the past, I have called you out for saying them. If you don't like being called out for such things, you can always stop saying them, or you can stop reducing the argument down to 'race'.

@JuinYou have still not produced to me evidence of racism against white people, and how they were hurt and harmed. "Reverse" racism, is nonsense. I am waiting...
Modern anti-racism is complicated. It is both good and bad. It is good when it actually addresses some issues and it is bad when it becomes racism itself. There is no clear cut answer to this. Denying that modern anti-racism has negative or severely negative outcomes is denying reality.
Godstud wrote::lol: False premise. That's complete nonsense.

Racism: prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership in a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized.
"a program to combat racism"

How are white people marginalized? They certainly aren't the minority. How are they harmed in any conceivable way?

Being against racism is anti-racist, and it's no religion. It's calling out racists for the things they say and do. As you have said racist things in the past, I have called you out for saying them. If you don't like being called out for such things, you can always stop saying them, or you can stop reducing the argument down to 'race'.

@JuinYou have still not produced to me evidence of racism against white people, and how they were hurt and harmed. "Reverse" racism, is nonsense. I am waiting...

Fighting racism with racism caused the revival of white nationalism. That was an intended consequence.
Calling out racism is fine when the discrimination is obvious and plain to see.
Calling out racism where there is none is detrimental and in fact causes more racism.

Assuming racism will go away by overcalling it does not work.
The only way to stamp out racism is by changing a negative stereotype into a positive one. That is how blacks succeeded in the arts, music, sports, Hollywood, comedy, etc. Apply that rule to other areas of life.
Julian658 wrote:
Fighting racism with racism caused the revival of white nationalism.

What a shame, you need an audience of idiots, and you're stuck with me. Sucks to be you. All you have to do is look at the documentation in the Voting Rights Act to know it never went away. Desegregation stopped, and we started resegregating in 1989.

“Each wave of civil rights progress brings us a little closer to real equity, but there will always be backlash from those who feel threatened by that progress,” said Cynthia Miller-Idriss, director of research with the Polarization and Extremism Research and Innovation Lab at American University in Washington. People who feel vulnerable to change become “eager to recruit and radicalize support to slow things down, even if by use of violence or radicalized propaganda,” she said.

After the first Black president, Barack Obama, was elected in 2008, the number of hate groups “ballooned,” Miller-Idriss said, just as Ku Klux Klan activity grew again after the 1954 Brown v. Board of Ed. decision desegregating schools, and during the 1960s civil rights movement. Backlashes happened after women got the right to vote, and as LGBTQ rights expanded, too."
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-glob ... SKBN25V2QH
late wrote:What a shame, you need an audience of idiots, and you're stuck with me. Sucks to be you. All you have to do is look at the documentation in the Voting Rights Act to know it never went away. Desegregation stopped, and we started resegregating in 1989.

“Each wave of civil rights progress brings us a little closer to real equity, but there will always be backlash from those who feel threatened by that progress,” said Cynthia Miller-Idriss, director of research with the Polarization and Extremism Research and Innovation Lab at American University in Washington. People who feel vulnerable to change become “eager to recruit and radicalize support to slow things down, even if by use of violence or radicalized propaganda,” she said.

After the first Black president, Barack Obama, was elected in 2008, the number of hate groups “ballooned,” Miller-Idriss said, just as Ku Klux Klan activity grew again after the 1954 Brown v. Board of Ed. decision desegregating schools, and during the 1960s civil rights movement. Backlashes happened after women got the right to vote, and as LGBTQ rights expanded, too."
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-glob ... SKBN25V2QH

I do not disagree, however, the modern 3rd wave anti racism is doing more harm than good. It paints black people as helpless individuals that need a behavioral change of all whites so they can be OK. IMO, it is a position of weakness because as things have gotten better the complaints about racism are greater.
Julian658 wrote:
I do not disagree, however, the modern 3rd wave anti racism is doing more harm than good. It paints black people as helpless individuals that need a behavioral change of all whites so they can be OK. IMO, it is a position of weakness because as things have gotten better the complaints about racism are greater.

In a fair political fight, you wouldn't have a snowflakes chance in hell to win with Stacey Abrams at work. We've got a Black Veep, and she's kinda awesome. Rep Clyburn is busy cashing in on his work helping Biden.

You're the one that's helpless, hopeless and hapless...
Julian658 wrote:I do not disagree, however, the modern 3rd wave anti racism is doing more harm than good. It paints black people as helpless individuals that need a behavioral change of all whites so they can be OK. IMO, it is a position of weakness because as things have gotten better the complaints about racism are greater.

Again, the thing is, even if you could put a case together that proves that anti-racism is some sort of insidious/dangerous movement, it would not even become close to be as bad as racism is, not even close. And you cannot even muster a case for your claims. :knife:
XogGyux wrote:Again, the thing is, even if you could put a case together that proves that anti-racism is some sort of insidious/dangerous movement, it would not even become close to be as bad as racism is, not even close. And you cannot even muster a case for your claims. :knife:

Massive PTSD in black America is no joke. Hopelessness, anger, depression, and nihilism are no joke either. Why do you think Jamaican and African immigrants feel better about themselves and their outlook in America?
Pants-of-dog wrote:We are currently witnessing a trial of a racist killing, and there is a strong possibility that the killer will walk away scot free.

There is no analogous spectacle for anti-racism.

Chauvun is guilty POD. I suspect some on the left would want him to be set free.
XogGyux wrote:
Again, the thing is, even if you could put a case together that proves that anti-racism is some sort of insidious/dangerous movement, it would not even become close to be as bad as racism is, not even close. And you cannot even muster a case for your claims.

Propagandists repeat their lies, hoping to brainwash the weak.
XogGyux wrote:Again, the thing is, even if you could put a case together that proves that anti-racism is some sort of insidious/dangerous movement, it would not even become close to be as bad as racism is, not even close. And you cannot even muster a case for your claims. :knife:

That depends on how you define anti-racism. For some, it would seem some of those labeling themselves as anti-racist are actually racist, just not against the same people those they label as racist are.
Julian658 wrote:Massive PTSD in black America is no joke. Hopelessness, anger, depression, and nihilism are no joke either. Why do you think Jamaican and African immigrants feel better about themselves and their outlook in America?

What makes you think they feel different?
Since when are you a population psychologist? :lol:
wat0n wrote:That depends on how you define anti-racism. For some, it would seem some of those labeling themselves as anti-racist are actually racist, just not against the same people those they label as racist are.

Sure.
The way I see it, I am against racism, hence im an anti-racist.
XogGyux wrote:Sure.
The way I see it, I am against racism, hence im an anti-racist.

You need to read John McWhorter. You view is simplistic and way tooSJWish with no nuance,

Muscovite’s Slaughter of Indigenous People in Alas[…]

You Zionists just can't stop lying can you. It wa[…]

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's prom[…]

No, it doesn't. The US also wants to see Hamas top[…]