Ms.'s executive editor on the Tavis Smiley Show this weekend - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Modern liberalism. Civil rights and liberties, State responsibility to the people (welfare).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Ms. Magazine wrote:Tune in this weekend to hear Ms. magazine’s executive editor Katherine Spillar discuss Ms.’s explosive investigative report on Ward Connerly, the leader of the anti-affirmative action crusade.

As Connerly gears up to target five states (AZ, CO, MO, NE, OK) this November with deceptively named “Civil Rights Initiatives,” Spillar talks to Tavis Smiley about what the Ms. investigation has uncovered. Spillar will reveal who’s really behind these initiatives: the network of big public works contractors and service providers that stand to reap billions of dollars in government contracts by shutting out women- and minority-owned firms from the competition.

Visit Public Radio International’s site to find out when the Tavis Smiley Show is playing in your area. Click on “Find Stations and Programs in Your Area” on the left side of the screen.

Spillar will be joined by renowned legal scholar and Ms. author Kimberlé Crenshaw who will discuss Connerly’s deliberate attempts to mislead voters into believing his initiatives are pro-civil rights and pro-women. She will comment on how vitally important it is that supporters of affirmative action sound the alarm on Connerly’s tactics of deception.

If you’re not already a member of the Ms. community, join Ms. now to get this exciting winter issue delivered to your mailbox.

For a Strong Feminist Media,

Ellie Smeal

Eleanor Smeal
Publisher

http://www.msmagazine.com/WardC.asp

Anyone know what they are talking about?

This caught my attention because I chanced to learn who Tavis Smiley was last year, but I do not plan to watch his program . . . one time I tried too but it was awfully boring.

Anyway, if anyone is interested they can, but let's discuss, not only the video if anyone sees it but also, what is being spoken about Connerly. Whatever is uncovered, should he be upheld as disagreeable to the public eye?

The Crimean Tatar people's steadfast struggle agai[…]

NOVA SCOTIA (New Scotland, 18th Century) No fu[…]

If people have that impression then they're just […]

^ this is the continuation of the pre-1948 confli[…]