45 years ago today. - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties from Mexico to Argentina.

Moderator: PoFo Latin America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By SolarCross
Pants-of-dog wrote:Do those videos have useful information, or are they simply arguments or propaganda poeces made by others that you happen to agree with?

Yes they have useful information though that is not anything you care about.
SolarCross wrote:Yes they have useful information

Such as?

though that is not anything you care about.

Wow. You spend a lot of time thinking about me.
By Ter
I saw both the videos and they contain a lot of information about both Allende and Pinochet, most of which I had not heard before.
I think POD should have a look and tell uswhat he thinks.
Ter wrote:I saw both the videos and they contain a lot of information about both Allende and Pinochet, most of which I had not heard before.
I think POD should have a look and tell uswhat he thinks.

What do they say?

I am too busy right now to watch the videos and build your arguments for you.

Besides, you guys are adults, right? You can write an argument for yourself.
Ter wrote:The very short version would be:
Allende fucked up the economy
Pinochet restored the economy

Does it mention how Nixon had a plan to “make the Chilean economy scream”?

The Us invested millions of dollars (this is not hyperbole, they actually spent that much) on making the Chilean economy as bad as possible.

The first two seem to support my claims and contradict @SolarCross . Lol.
I think we can safely conclude with a number of not naive points about politics and how the world works:

The US never interferes with other countries politically or economically. It has never happened before a lot of times, and isn't happening a lot of times either. Anyone who thinks the US, or for that matter other countries as well, does things like that is just wrong.

The US State Department and the CIA don't ever finance, support, organize, train, and otherwise back Islamic terrorists, organized crime, Latin American rebels, and all sorts of other things. The US is founded on a lot of really fancy principles that sound really nice so there's no way the US does things like that all the time for a very long time. It doesn't ever happen, not ever.

Unless you work in the highest ranks of American government or you're quite wealthy, putting masturbatory bumper stickers of guns, helicopters, tanks, and stuff on your car or waving around the flag doesn't mean you benefit at all from America's malignant and (self) destructive foreign policy.
By Ter
Pants-of-dog wrote:Does it mention how Nixon had a plan to “make the Chilean economy scream”?

The Us invested millions of dollars (this is not hyperbole, they actually spent that much) on making the Chilean economy as bad as possible.

The first two seem to support my claims and contradict @SolarCross . Lol.

One of the reasons the economy tanked was that Allende froze the prices but raised the salaries which led to an unsustainable situation. Allende also had goons confiscating farms and killing the owners. According to the video, America was not involved.
Ter wrote:One of the reasons the economy tanked was that Allende froze the prices but raised the salaries which led to an unsustainable situation. Allende also had goons confiscating farms and killing the owners. According to the video, America was not involved.

Please present evidence for these claims.

Also, the CIA declassified documents show that the US was involved. So if the video claims otherwise, the video is wrong.
Ter wrote:the economy tanked was that Allende froze the prices but raised the salaries which led to an unsustainable situation. Allende also had goons confiscating farms and killing the owners.

Statists can never seem to figure out why this shit doesn't work, but then they go and do it again.
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Statists can never seem to figure out why this shit doesn't work, but then they go and do it again.

I find that people who use Allende as an example of how state interference does not work always ignore the fact that Chile was literally targeted with economic warfare by the US at this point.

It is like arguing that price increases and scarcity are the fault of the local government when there is an army outside laying siege and not allowing any goods in.
By Ter
Pants-of-dog wrote:Please present evidence for these claims.

Are you kidding me ?
You asked me to tell you what was in the video and now I have to argue for it ?
You are really a piece of work, POD.

Oh yes, and he compared the Allende's economic malfeasance with today's Venezuela
Ter wrote:Are you kidding me ?
You asked me to tell you what was in the video and now I have to argue for it ?
You are really a piece of work, POD.

This is a debate forum.

Not a “copy and paste someone else arguing and not providing evidence” forum.

If you don’t like it, there is Gorky.

I already showed that the bideo was wrong on one claim. Why are we supposed to assume the video is right about everything else?
By SolarCross
Victoribus Spolia wrote:Statists can never seem to figure out why this shit doesn't work, but then they go and do it again.

Communists are far worse than mere "statists", statists are merely corrupt bunglers, when they screw up the economy it is by accident not on purpose, to err is human after all. Communists just want to abuse human beings because they are human beings, they are animated by a non-human bottomless misanthropy. They trash the economy, and go on murder rampages, on purpose just to make people miserable. They do it on purpose.
By Ter
Pants-of-dog wrote:This is a debate forum.

Not a “copy and paste someone else arguing and not providing evidence” forum.

If you don’t like it, there is Gorky.

I already showed that the bideo was wrong on one claim. Why are we supposed to assume the video is right about everything else?

Why don't you watch the videos and enlighten us with your learned insights ?
By Sivad
Pants-of-dog wrote:Does it mention how Nixon had a plan to “make the Chilean economy scream”?

The blockade was only moderately effective at best. The economic situation went south largely because Allende was running huge deficits to finance his clientelistic politics and then monetizing the debt.
Ter wrote:Why don't you watch the videos and enlighten us with your learned insights ?

As far as I can tell, not even you and @SolarCross have watched them.

Sivad wrote:The blockade was only moderately effective at best. The economic situation went south largely because Allende was running huge deficits to finance his clientelistic politics and then monetizing the debt.

Please provide evidence for this claim, thank you.
By SolarCross
Pants-of-dog wrote:As far as I can tell, not even you and @SolarCross have watched them.

But you can't tell anything at all so that's a pointless comment. I watched them all with rapt attention and fuck you if you pretend you don't believe me.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Every accusation is a confession Why sexual v[…]

Deliberately ignoring evidence showing IDF air str[…]

Indeed. It is strange, but they're all over the in[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ay43E94W58 :D […]