The Characteristics of the Dictators - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
1-The dictator believes that all his opinions are always right.

2-The dictator believes that he is the embodiment of the country. Any kind of opposition against him is considered a crime against the country.

3-Everyone in the country must be minor. No one is allowed to be a major person. If anyone dares to be a major person, the dictator gets rid of him.

4-The dictator uses the media to brain-wash his people. Some sects of the people become more loyal to the dictatorship than the dictator himself.

5-The dictator creates frightening security systems and puppet law representatives.

6-The dictator creates devilish enemies to justify his dictatorship.
Wael El-Manzalawy wrote:1-The dictator believes that all his opinions are always right.

2-The dictator believes that he is the embodiment of the country. Any kind of opposition against him is considered a crime against the country.

3-Everyone in the country must be minor. No one is allowed to be a major person. If anyone dares to be a major person, the dictator gets rid of him.

4-The dictator uses the media to brain-wash his people. Some sects of the people become more loyal to the dictatorship than the dictator himself.

5-The dictator creates frightening security systems and puppet law representatives.

I have a personal story about #3: "Everyone in the country must be minor. No one is allowed to be a major person. If anyone dares to be a major person, the dictator gets rid of him."

A few people that I have known have told me, one on one, that they believe that "the government" (the president, prime minister, king, whatever) is like "the father of the country."

This kind of vision of "a national head of state" seems to go along with the idea that everyone else is a child, or a minor. And this kind of belief and subservience to the "ONLY ADULT IN THE COUNTRY" means that anyone who criticizes the ONLY ADULT should be treated like a spoiled little brat speaking out against his superiors (the adults).

The entire history of civilization involves exploiting natural phenomena (like family structures - the father) and using it for propaganda purposes: ie. "I am like your father. You must therefore obey me." The similarities between fatherhood and government structure is subsequently depicted in state-controlled and state-controlling mass media or religion in order to create a fake similiarity between disimilar things (heads of state and nature).

Head of state is like father. Likewise, "the spectacle" is like real life.

Amazing that adults can believe this about themselves.
Wael El-Manzalawy wrote:1-The dictator believes that all his opinions are always right.

7. A dictator burns resources by mass surveillance of his own people.

8. The regular army is poorly trained and equipped, just the dictators loyal special forces are a real army.

Thanks for this thread I was a supporter of dictature but you opened my eyes. :)
Sandzak wrote:7. A dictator burns resources by mass surveillance of his own people.

Interesting to think about how this was done under dictator-kings, and what kind of damage this did to "resources."

I think, before mass surveillance, police, etc., it was the superstition of religion and the fear of violence from "the king's men" that kept everyone submissive. This was the kind of "surveillance."

As for the BURNING OF RESOURCES, I think this may have taken the form of "ruined social relations and natural feelings." In other words, what the king was destroying was the freedom of his subjects to think freely and naturally (religion is violently enforced), or to react to the king or his men in a natural, egalitarian way (social violence, crushing submission).

This was probably how Europe ruined the kinship of its people before modernity. (along with the guns, germs and steel that this kind of fake social hierarchy leads to)

Nordic looks?? Really? Btw, they didn't plant h[…]

Election 2020

@Pants-of-dog ; Your original claim was that y[…]

Racism definition & use

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/red-alert-poli[…]

Those who think that Clarke is actually racist wou[…]