The UAE is trying to destabilize Somalia - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.

Recent events suggest that the UAE is trying to destabilize Somalia and throw it back into a multisided security crisis in order to trap Qatar’s Turkish ally in a quagmire and offset the Great Power rise of Egypt’s Ethiopian rival.

Somalia has been shaken by three interconnected developments over the past time which show that the UAE is dedicated to destabilizing the country in order to cynically advance its grand strategic interests in the region at Mogadishu’s expense. The Emirates controversially signed a deal with the breakaway region of Somaliland to build a naval base in the Gulf of Aden, shortly erupted into an armed standoff.

The Somalian authorities seized nearly $10 million in cash from a UAE plane that was supposedly going to be disseminated within the country for yet-undisclosed purposes, which coincided with the Parliamentary Speaker’s resignation prior to a planned vote of confidence against him.
Analyzing these three events altogether in the phased continuum that they occurred, it can be argued that the UAE is trying to destabilize Somalia as revenge for Mogadishu’s refusal to cut ties with Qatar and its agreement with Ankara to allow a Turkish military base in the country. Turkey is allied with Qatar, in which it also has a military base, and this has thus made it the UAE’s rival in the context of the ongoing Gulf Cold War that has already spread to the Horn of Africa region via two disputes that center on Ethiopia and Djibouti.

The UAE staked out its claim to Somalia by reinforcing the de-facto «independence» of Somaliland through the recent naval base deal in the coastal port of Berbera, which expectedly prompted Somalian lawmakers to react with fury in Mogadishu despite their inability to stop this from happening.
The UAE’s grand strategic objectives by drawing Qatar’s Turkish ally and its Somalian partners into a developing quagmire while destabilizing Ethiopia on GCC-subordinate. The resultant chaos could create «windows of opportunity» for the UAE to expand its influence deeper into the Horn of Africa, as well as «justify» its military partnerships with Eritrea and Somaliland, to say nothing of any other states or future separatist regions that it might deploy to during this time.
Zionist Nationalist wrote:destabilize Somalia? Somalia is not a proper functioning country you cant really destabilize it further than it is now

It pains me to ally myself thusly, but I have to agree ... Unless, UAE bankers are concerned that the Naval base will eat into their profits from Somali pirating? (I may have gotten a bad mushroom on my steak.)

Zam
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

so American traitor Russell Bentley kidnapped and […]

I recently heard a video where Penn Jillette (w[…]

The dominant race of the planet is still the White[…]