"Jews are smartest race in the world and superior humans", Israeli Lawmaker claims - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
#14988794
Hindsite wrote:By my own words I have said I am a Christian many times, so you are a lying atheist.
If all it takes to be a Christian is to say you're a Christian, then I am one, too. :lol: You saying you're a Christian and then saying un-Christian things, sort of flies in the face of that.

Hindsite wrote:I think you are fooling many people, but just not me.
Yes, I can't fool the fools. It's already too late for them. :lol:

Hindsite wrote:HalleluYah
More platitudes.

I think I'll stop being an atheist this week, because you've shown me it's so simple to be religious, simply by posting religious words.

Image
#14988810
If you are referring to Trump as being a serial adulterer, then that has been determined by precedent to be a personal matter between him and his wife, just like it was with Bill Clinton and his wife.


I see. So you do not believe the part of the Bible that says, "Thou shall not commit adultery".

You are an atheist Hindsite. No Christian would deny God like that.

You should repent of your sin here publicly.
#14989008
Drlee wrote:I see. So you do not believe the part of the Bible that says, "Thou shall not commit adultery".

You are an atheist Hindsite. No Christian would deny God like that.

You should repent of your sin here publicly.

I have been married to the same women since April 8, 1967 and have never committed adultery. Can you say you have never committed adultery? Are you going to repent of your sin here publicly?

You are judging me when you do not have all the facts.
Praise the Lord.
#14989044
Trump has fucked around on all 3 of his wives. This is simply fact. I doubt most men who are married, ever indulge in extra-marital affairs, or cheat on their wives. Pretending this is normal, is you lying to yourself about your cheating asshole, Trump.

No, I've never cheated on a girlfriend(pre-marriage), or my wife. I would assume @Drlee is similar. Most people are raised in such a way that this is seen as a horrible thing to do to someone you love/like. It's the BIGGEST lie, and that's why there's a Commandment against it in that book you claim to think so highly of, and yet dismiss when it might apply to that fuckwit, Trump.

edit: spelling error.
Last edited by Godstud on 19 Feb 2019 14:20, edited 1 time in total.
#14989217
I've met too many nutty Apocalyptic Protestants so I know Hindsite is legit. He's no troll.


More is the pity.

Ever met a smart one? Just curious.
#14989220
Drlee wrote:I see. So you do not believe the part of the Bible that says, "Thou shall not commit adultery".

You are an atheist Hindsite. No Christian would deny God like that.

You should repent of your sin here publicly.

The bible says much silly stuff. Such as to stone/kill people for various "crimes" such as working on the sabbath, adultery or being an unruly child. By that kind of standard... nobody is a real Christian :lol: .
#14989221
Following the actual rules, that Jesus spoke of(like the Golden Rule), is how you are a Christian, not obeying every little rule in the book and taking it literally. Literalists are the fools, and only fools take the Bible literally.

Yah... Jonah was eaten by a whale.... Sure.... :lol:
#14989222
Godstud wrote:Following the actual rules, that Jesus spoke of(like the Golden Rule), is how you are a Christian, not obeying every little rule in the book and taking it literally. Literalists are the fools, and only fools take the Bible literally.

Yah... Jonah was eaten by a whale.... Sure.... :lol:

You mean like when Jesus said that slaves should obey their masters and so so happily?
Besides, if you want to start a whole religion such as christianity, it would be a good start to start with the folllowing sentence "whoever wrote/follows the old testament was/is a depraved, asshole..." etc. You don't get to slap a bunch of "new books" behind the "old books" call it a series and then only focus on a tiny portion of the new books.
Cherrypicking 101. Good people are good because they are good, not because they are christians.
#14989228
Here we go again. The atheists are loose and terrorizing the village. Give it a rest guys. The Bible means nothing to you so stop quoting it. It makes you little more than hypocrites.

My comments were for Hindsite who claims to be a Bible literalist and governed by its words.

The thing I disrespect most about atheists is that they simply can't stay out of that which has nothing to do with them. Busybodies to the man.
#14989229
@Drlee Whoah there! Just to clear up a point, I'm not talking shit about Christianity. I am making a point about literalists(like you were discussing). I think people like you, are the only hope Christianity has left.

Religion can be a good thing. It helps a lot of people to be happier. I only have a problem when it tries to tell others how to live.

I don't agree with @XogGyux.
#14989235
Drlee wrote:Here we go again. The atheists are loose and terrorizing the village. Give it a rest guys. The Bible means nothing to you so stop quoting it. It makes you little more than hypocrites.

Who are you to say what the bible means or not for me? And even if it meant absolutely nothing what so ever... how can using the very document that is a pillar to many people's belief is in any way hypocritical when addressing those beliefs?

I'll do you one better. I accept JC as my savior. Now I am a Christian. I can use the bible and all the atrocities within as I please now.
The thing I disrespect most about atheists is that they simply can't stay out of that which has nothing to do with them. Busybodies to the man.


The pot calling the kettle black. It is religious people who for thousands of years have dictated what is "right" and "wrong" on a whim. :knife:

Godstud wrote:I don't agree with @XogGyux.

Want to elaborate? What is it that you don't agree with and why?
Last edited by XogGyux on 20 Feb 2019 01:50, edited 2 times in total.
#14989236
colliric wrote:That's a human problem.... Everyone does that....

I hate it when Politicians and political parties do that, because they are much much worse.


Actually in theory anyway, politicians are elected by you, so basically "I hate when I elect a politician to do what I want and tell me what I want to do".... is kind of silly. That being said, you sort of have a point when you take into account corruption and influences from powerful monetary entities. But you are responsible for those politicians just as much of not more.
#14989244
@XogGyux You appear to be anti-religion. I am not. If you take the Bible as a book meant to teach you to be a better person, and ignore the pseudo-historical stuff, and silly rules that obviously don't apply to modern humans, due to obvious changes in diet, science, etc. it's not something bad.

My wife's religion, for example, is Buddhist, but I'd have no problem were she a Christian, as she actually tries to be a good person and abides by the rules that make sense to everyone(regardless of your religious persuasion). i.e Don't kill, cheat, steal, lie, etc. Her religion makes her happy and brings her comfort. In turn, since she's happier, it makes me happier. I'll even wear a Buddha necklace since it makes her feel better, even if I feel it's really just decorative.

I have some friends who are Christian, yet they don't lambaste other religions, or lack thereof, as being "wrong". I try not to do the same. Sometimes I can get a bit too critical, but normally I am pretty reasonable, in this regard.

I am an agnostic atheist. I just don't know if there's a god, or gods. I just try to be a good person, and that's not determined by religion... IMO. :D

colliric wrote:I hate it when Politicians and political parties do that, because they are much much worse.
Most of the time they don't normally do a terrible job. If they do, you get rid of them at the next election.
#14989249
Godstud wrote:@XogGyux You appear to be anti-religion. I am not. If you take the Bible as a book meant to teach you to be a better person, and ignore the pseudo-historical stuff, and silly rules that obviously don't apply to modern humans, due to obvious changes in diet, science, etc. it's not something bad.

I am anti-religion and not shy about it. I have never been presented by a single example of two otherwise identical people except for religion that the religious one is better off in any way shape or form.
The kind of mental gymnastics that people have to go in order to reconcile the silliness of said book with modern values is if nothing else amusing. :lol: If you want the bibble to be said book (aka, teach you to be a better person) you pretty much have to close it put it in the floor and step on it so you can reach some other book in the bookshelf because within its pages it does not contain the wisdom or the teachings that the average nice Christian would like you to believe. That is why Christians like to use the bible right up to the point when people start quoting all that messed up shit inside it, at which time they say "forget the bibble" or "you are taking it out of context".

My wife's religion, for example, is Buddhist, but I'd have no problem were she a Christian, as she actually tries to be a good person and abides by the rules that make sense to everyone(regardless of your religious persuasion). i.e Don't kill, cheat, steal, lie, etc. Her religion makes her happy and brings her comfort. In turn, since she's happier, it makes me happier. I'll even wear a Buddha necklace since it makes her feel better, even if I feel it's really just decorative.

I have some friends who are Christian, yet they don't lambaste other religions, or lack thereof, as being "wrong". I try not to do the same. Sometimes I can get a bit too critical, but normally I am pretty reasonable, in this regard.

My mother has an awful phobia of frogs. She cannot be in the same room with one, even with a massive glass in between the frog and her. Her phobia is to such degree that when I was a kid, I was playing with a green leaf inside the car, the wind blew it into the front seat and she literally opened the door and jumped off the moving car because she thought the leaf was a frog. Luckily nobody got hurt other than some superficial scraps on her hands which healed quickly. I love my mother, she is a smart woman but she has at least this irrational belief. I respect her as a person but I do not have to respect every single of her beliefs, certainly, I do not have to respect her phobia. I would accommodate her beliefs (aka not keep frog pets) but that does mean I accept or respect this. In fact, I will repeatedly make fun of this. :lol:
We have been conditioned that questioning or opening discussing this is wrong, taboo and this is not right. If you make a claim about the efficacy or safety of vaccines it can be challenged, if you make a claim about the earth being flat it can be challenged, if you make a claim about immigrants being murderous rapists it can be challenged... why is it that when it comes to a religious claim everyone jumps out of the boat and don't want to touch the third rail?
#14989250
I know a great many people who are good Christians and remember the important parables and lessons therein. Of course, some rules are going to be out-dated, but treating others as you'd want to be treated isn't something that gets out-dated. Compassion and empathy are not something that become obsolete.

:roll: Comparing a phobia to faith is ridiculous.

Most religions are absolutely fine with science, since science and religion(philosophy) are two entirely different things. Science tries to explain the world around us(how things work), while religion tries to explain our place in that world(who made us? Why are we here? What's the meaning of life?). That's why most reasonable people reconcile their faith with science, without any problems.

Am I wrong, @Drlee? That's sort of my take on it.

Note: @XogGyux some of the most pro-vaccine people here consider themselves Christian, and wouldn't dismiss science due to faith.
#14989251
Godstud wrote:I know a great many people who are good Christians and remember the important parables and lessons therein. Of course, some rules are going to be out-dated, but treating others as you'd want to be treated isn't something that gets out-dated.

I know a great many people that are good christians too. And I also know a great many people that are awful and are christians too. So clearly, being christian is not a determinant to whether people are good or bad. Some people behave well, others don't, that's what people do.
This "treat others like you would want to be treated" is BS that Christian people love to take credit for... Christianity has existed for 2 millennia and this kind of behavior has only taken root into our society very recently in history and its not even that widespread and certainly not universally practiced by Christians either. They want the credit but not the baggage. 8)

:roll: Comparing a phobia to faith is ridiculous.

Why?

Most religions are absolutely fine with science, since science and religion(philosophy) are two entirely different things. Science tries to explain the world around us, while religion tries to explain our place in that world. That's why most reasonable people reconcile their faith with science, without any problems.

Religion does not try to explain anything. They just assert something and call it a day. :lol:

Note: @XogGyux some of the most pro-vaccine people here consider themselves Christian, and wouldn't dismiss science due to faith.

I don't see how this is relevant. I do accept that otherwise rational people can have one or more irrational beliefs (gave you my mother's example to show this) and that challenging one or more of said beliefs do not equate to a personal attack on themselves, disrespect or even hate.
In fact, it is my experience that the religious person, in particular, the most fringe-fanatic of them are the ones that tend to take science as some sort of "alternative" to religion and take it upon themselves to fight it :lol: . It is not atheist those that "push away" theists from science, it is some theists that willfully walk away on their own.
  • 1
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 18

There are so many common sense reforms we could b[…]

https://arstechnica.com/science/2019/10/how-well-h[…]

The LeBron thing was pretty lol. He was like &quo[…]

Well, I am not a surgeon but the male-to-female s[…]