US troops to withdraw from Kurdish-held areas as Turkey gets ready to invade Syria - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Following a phone call between Trump and Erdogan, the US decided to pull back from Kurdish-held areas at the Border between Turkey and Syria so that Turkey can occupy a corridor of about 30 by 480 kilometer along the border. Turkey intends to settle Sunni Arabs in the region, probably pushing out Kurds. Turkey is also to take charge of thousands of Islamist fighters captured by Kurdish fighters in its fight against ISIS.

The move is widely popular in Turkey as it is seen as a fight against Kurdish terrorists. Other than resettling up to 2 million Sunni Arabs now in Turkey as refugees, this Turkey-controlled buffer zone could also serve to park the Islamist fighters until they are used elsewhere.

Trump wants to fulfill his election promise of withdrawing US troops from conflict zones. It is, however, likely to backfire as it is seen as a betrayal of Kurdish allies after they have destroyed ISIS with US air support.

According to Newsweek:

Official Who Heard Call Says Trump Got 'Rolled' By Turkey and 'Has No Spine'
The U.S. withdrawal plays into the hands of the Islamic State group, Damascus and Moscow, and the announcement left Trump's own Defense Department "completely stunned," said Pentagon officials.
"President Trump was definitely out-negotiated and only endorsed the troop withdraw to make it look like we are getting something—but we are not getting something," the National Security Council source told Newsweek. "The U.S. national security has entered a state of increased danger for decades to come because the president has no spine and that's the bottom line."
"As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, [ :lol: :lol: :lol: ] consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I've done before!)," said Trump on Twitter Monday.
Erdogan said Turkey would take custody of the ISIS militant prisoners, according to the White House statement and the National Security Council official Newsweek spoke to for this story.

"The ISIS prisoners, some of them, will eventually be freed amongst the chaos, and remain in the area or go elsewhere to rejoin the fight," speculated the National Security Council official.
"To be honest with you, it would be better for the United States to support a Kurdish nation across Turkey, Syria and Iraq," said the National Security Council official. "It would be another Israel in the region."
"We are telling the world, we will use you and then throw you away," the official added. "It's not like they don't have a television in Asia, in Africa, and South America."

Some very revealing statements here.

US to let Turkish forces move into Syria, dumping Kurdish allies

“The US will not hold them for what could be many years and great cost to the United States taxpayer. Turkey will now be responsible for all Isis fighters in the area captured over the past two years in the wake of the defeat of the territorial caliphate by the United States.”

Syria experts warned that the US abandonment of the SDF would lead to another, new front in the eight-year Syrian conflict, and could push the Kurds into seeking an arrangement with the Assad regime in Damascus.

The trouble with bullies like Trump is that everybody knows they are cowards. US talks with the Taliban have ended in chaos. NK cut short discussions about nuclear disarmament after Trump gave them great PR and continually played down NK's missile tests. Threatening all hell to break loose if Iran didn't comply, he hasn't been able to reply to Iran's alleged drone strike knocking out half of Saudi oil production. After telling everybody that the trade talks with China are close to success, the Chinese are now toughening their position. Not enough, Trump got now "rolled" by US ally Turkey. The US, despite its huge military, has never been so weak in more than a century.
It appears that noemon posted a similar topic about 30 minutes after you. Since it came to the top of the list, more people started replying to it. Since noemon is a moderator, he should combine these two topics into one. That National Security Council source is obviously part of the deep state disinformation team that want to keep U.S. forces in Syria.
Hindsite wrote:That National Security Council source is obviously part of the deep state disinformation team that want to keep U.S. forces in Syria.

Betraying the Kurds isn't a very smart thing to do, but you may be right about the deep state thing. The following sentence says it all:

"It [a Kurdish state] would be another Israel in the region."

First time (to my knowledge) that the Anglo imperialists have openly admitted the real purpose of Israel: keep the ME in a permanent state of war.
Atlantis wrote:First time (to my knowledge) that the Anglo imperialists have openly admitted the real purpose of Israel: keep the ME in a permanent state of war.

I don't know if that is true. However, they certainly do not want President Trump and his Jewish son-in-law to make a peace treaty with Israel and the so-called occupied Palestinians in the region.
SaddamHuseinovic wrote:Erdogan has a problem, the Turks want the Syrian refugees not in their country, therefore he lost Istanbul to the opposition, who ran an anti-syrian campaign. He has to expell them to EU or Rojava

And President Trump has apparently agreed to let Erdogan try to solve that problem, since he also can not get the EU to take back their citizens captured as members of the Islamic State.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Mobilizing for Defeat The Zelensky regime insi[…]

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjbl_6RDhkM :D […]