Taliban Hat Trick! - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By Potemkin
annatar1914 wrote:@Potemkin , Indeed, I think so. I find it interesting though that when the West was more ''Klingon'', it took only one brief but complete massacre to persuade the West to leave Afghanistan alone.

The British in Afghanistan behaved with uncharacteristic naivete, and seemed to have failed to understand the nature of Afghan society. They thought they had negotiated safe passage, but the people with whom they had reached that agreement had no real authority over the tribesmen who surrounded them. The result was an horrific massacre. This taught the British an important lesson about Afghanistan - it has no central government worth speaking of. This means that it can never truly be conquered.
Potemkin wrote:The British in Afghanistan behaved with uncharacteristic naivete, and seemed to have failed to understand the nature of Afghan society. They thought they had negotiated safe passage, but the people with whom they had reached that agreement had no real authority over the tribesmen who surrounded them. The result was an horrific massacre. This taught the British an important lesson about Afghanistan - it has no central government worth speaking of. This means that it can never truly be conquered.

@Potemkin , yes, the ruler in Kabul is little more than the ruler of Kabul. One could change this with inhumane and costly methods, but why?

It remained for Americans, history-less and arrogant, to try to make Afghans into Jeffersonian Democrats. Because Americanism is a universal revolutionary ideology, you know, and everyone can turn into an American... And should :excited:

20 years of that nonsense being applied has had it's effect back in America, and I'm waiting any day now for a wave of Afghan refugees coming to America and Europe...
By Potemkin
annatar1914 wrote:@Potemkin , yes, the ruler in Kabul is little more than the ruler of Kabul. One could change this with inhumane and costly methods, but why?

It remained for Americans, history-less and arrogant, to try to make Afghans into Jeffersonian Democrats. Because Americanism is a universal revolutionary ideology, you know, and everyone can turn into an American... And should :excited:

20 years of that nonsense being applied has had it's effect back in America, and I'm waiting any day now for a wave of Afghan refugees coming to America and Europe...

To that, I can only respond with three words: quoted for truth.
By annatar1914
Potemkin wrote:To that, I can only respond with three words: quoted for truth.

@Potemkin ;

The question remains as to where America goes from here, as this is a clear sign and a portent.

People, even or especially Afghans, are not 'keys on a piano'.
By Crantag
I was of a mind to try to look up some videos of the goings on in news clips, and all over youtube, the media companies that come up are still toting the propagandist line.

Sound bites like, "America was in Afghanistan trying to promote things like girls being allowed to go to schools, and democracy" or, in direct reference to Taliban gains, that "the terrorists are..."; or a BBC video, with a crying old Afghan women as the center photo.

In my--granted--short perusal, this is the only thing I found that seemed watchable, below. That the mainstream media seems to be just continuing to spout the same tired, 20 year lies is; well, I suppose, what is the word; I guess 'typical' suffices most.

By Patrickov
@Crantag apparently you know the truth. What is it then?
By Crantag
Patrickov wrote:@Crantag apparently you know the truth. What is it then?

I don't know shit, Pat.

I only know little bits of truth.

I am pretty damned confident in the notion that, the media narrative has always been complete bullshit, and they are still pushing the same bullshit, even now.

I do tend to see the US withdrawal as inevitable, and, frankly, their defeat as positive, however the thing is certainly a big giant clusterfuck, for which, the responsibility obviously is with the Americans.

And, I am not really in the mood for still more of their bullshit propaganda, if I wish to gain insights on what's really going on.

I have ideas and notions on what's really going on or whatever, but I am far for the guy that knows, very far from that.
By Crantag
Patrickov wrote:@Crantag apparently you know the truth. What is it then?

Look at the stupid, incompetence, lie toting, which passes as media reporting, in the West. (There is very little footage of Suhail Shaheen I can locate, but just look how stupid this woman is.)

She just asks loaded questions, grounded in American propaganda, and acts like her interviewee is a little child acting out, as he tries to answer, whilst spouting off nonsense American lies.

It is funny, because she is such an embarrassment, in her conduct of the 'interview'.

It would be nice if we could have some actual news about the actual events though, the shittiness of the established media is like the shittiness of all mainstream American culture these days, it is a real embarrassment.
By Crantag
This here is actually a pretty decent video, in my opinion.

Gotta rely on alternative media, eh.

I've watched plenty of Caspianreport videos, and find it a very good channel.

This video is 10,000 times better than anything the New York Times, CNN, BBC, etc. will ever produce. (PBS ain't that bad. New York Times has slipped, but not to denigrate all of their work; but they are pretty party line on anything foreign policy, I feel.)

I'd like to see other sources that provide real coverage of the current goings on in Afghanistan. Not like I have scoured under any rock, but the mainstream Western media is very incapable of objective coverage of foreign affairs, with few exception, imo.
I could weep tears of blood, not that anything would come of it. These fools have no conception of reality, threatening ''international isolation'' if Kabul falls to the Taliban ;

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-threatens ... 32583.html

Do they seriously think that the Taliban is any kind of concerned about isolation from the ''Infidels''?

The only thing the world cares about is Might, and the Will to use It, or not.
They should have stayed in Afghanistan for 30 more years to secure its stability and democracyness.

Afghanistan is a strategic country the US needs to control because of its dire poverty, crappy military, landlockedness, zero oil, and poppies. Omg who will save the poppies?

US should have killed Bin Laden then GTFO.
By Crantag
Unthinking Majority wrote:They should have stayed in Afghanistan for 30 more years to secure its stability and democracyness.

Afghanistan is a strategic country the US needs to control because of its dire poverty, crappy military, landlockedness, zero oil, and poppies. Omg who will save the poppies?

US should have killed Bin Laden then GTFO.

bin Laden was Emmanual Goldstein.

If he hasn't croked of his diabetics and other health problems (likely before the fake assassination), he is still living it up on a yacht somewhere, probably with armed American guards, touring around, or some shit.

I don't know why they went into Afghanistan, though.

Could've been for the minerals, maybe.

Or, seriously, who the fuck even knows anymore.

I really don't buy any of the bin Laden shit, any more than I buy any of the the-world-trade-centers-were-taken-down-by-airplanes-and-not-thermite-charges shit.

But, we are the same page mostly, in the sense that, none of their bullshit lies meet the laugh test, to put it mildly.
Crantag wrote:bin Laden was Emmanual Goldstein.

If he hasn't croked of his diabetics and other health problems (likely before the fake assassination), he is still living it up on a yacht somewhere, probably with armed American guards, touring around, or some shit.

I think he's in some secure facility somewhere with US soldiers sticking various sharp objects up his arse all day.
By Crantag
Unthinking Majority wrote:I think he's in some secure facility somewhere with US soldiers sticking various sharp objects up his arse all day.

Why? What's the point of that?

He was a puppet US government plant.

Do you think the US wants to send the wrong message to future plants, like that?

He was the Emmanuel Goldstein of Bush, and Obama 'killed' the mythical character, he was fabricated into.

Really, I don't quite understand your logic on all of that.
Crantag wrote:Why? What's the point of that?

He was a puppet US government plant.

Do you think the US wants to send the wrong message to future plants, like that?

He was the Emmanuel Goldstein of Bush, and Obama 'killed' the mythical character, he was fabricated into.

Really, I don't quite understand your logic on all of that.

They didn't have anything to do with OBL since the 80's.
By Crantag
Unthinking Majority wrote:They didn't have anything to do with OBL since the 80's.

Not officially.

They did officially in the 80s, like you say.

You have to assume that habitual liars are habitual liars, especially when they have a motivation for their lies, to maintain an Emmanual Goldstein (Orwell reference).

I can't consider anything from the American government on this topic as truthful, and it even seems more likely Bin Laden was on the payroll the entire time.

But, he probably actually died of his health problems, well before he was supposedly assassinated.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

You're not ordinary, Qatz. Stop pretending to d[…]

Another resource of degenerates who want to watch […]

There are many ways to approach a construction si[…]

The actual argument (that the definition is being[…]