[End game Afghanistan] It appears Kabul is now officially a fortress - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
There doesnt appear to be any roads out of Kabul anymore. Kabul is now a fortress. All entries and exits appear to be, henceforth, by air. The grim, turbaned men of the Taliban have managed, in record time, to plant themselves on all roads to Kabul!

The next few days will be interesting.

Will the Taliban hold its fire so as to allow the Allies in Kabul a respectable exit? Problem at this point is that even the Taliban leadership may have great difficulty reining in their own charging formations. Victory, especially constant and continuous victory, creates a momentum of its own.
Juin wrote:There doesnt appear to be any roads out of Kabul anymore. Kabul is now a fortress. All entries and exits appear to be, henceforth, by air. The grim, turbaned men of the Taliban have managed, in record time, to plant themselves on all roads to Kabul!

The next few days will be interesting.

Will the Taliban hold its fire so as to allow the Allies in Kabul a respectable exit? Problem at this point is that even the Taliban leadership may have great difficulty reining in their own charging formations. Victory, especially constant and continuous victory, creates a momentum of its own.

@Juin ;

As does defeat. There's no getting out of this, one might even cynically suspect that President Trump lost in order to not have to undergo what the Biden regime is going through now.
Robert Urbanek wrote:The U.S. Embassy might be a fortress; the rest of Kabul, not so much.

BBC was reporting yesterday morning my time, on their news update interrupting my local NPR programming, that the American Embassy had ordered all staff out in short order except a skeleton crew, that the staff were being ordered to destroy documents, computers, and other electronic equipment, and that the skeleton group of the US embassy would operate from the airport in Kabul.
Robert Urbanek wrote:The U.S. Embassy might be a fortress; the rest of Kabul, not so much.

This has to go down in history as the most disastrous project ever undertaken. 20 years, trillions of dollars, thousands of lives, and the Afghan institutions just crumbled away. It would be one thing if it was a case of yielding to force majeure. No, it does not look like there is even anything close to serious fighting. It is as if someone forgot to remind poor Joe Afghan that all those trillions of dollars for Afghan state and Afghan Army was for him. Cause when push has come to shove, Joe Afghan is actually saying he never asked for it, never wanted it, never invited anyone in.

Things are bound to get interesting. The race to Kabul is on. It may be Saigon all over. I don't believe Taliban's top commannders can, even if they wanted to, and it is not even clear they want to, stop their formations on the ground from racing each other for Kabul.
Outskirts of Kabul are already seeing firefights. The city has lost power. The loliban are streaming in. Hide your daughters, literally.

On Saturday night, Kabul was plunged into darkness and communication networks appeared to be down, hampering desperate efforts by its residents to escape the bloodshed many fear could lie ahead.

Taliban advances have brought them to the edge of Kabul’s Char Asyab district, just seven miles (11km) south of the capital city, lawmaker Hoda Ahmadi told the Associated Press.

The capital is gripped with fear of street fighting or a takeover by the Taliban. Panicked residents formed long lines outside banks, hoping to withdraw their savings, and some branches appeared to have already run out of cash.

Residents near Pul-e-Charkhi prison outside Kabul told AFP they had heard gunfire coming from the facility – possibly the result of an inmate uprising.

They won't be able to get all their puppets out in time. RIP.

About 18,000 Afghans who have applied for the US’s Special Immigrant Visa, as well as their families, remain on the ground in Afghanistan, with about half of those outside Kabul, in areas either already under Taliban control or likely to fall soon, a congressional aide said.

In addition, the State Department this month said tens of thousands more Afghans would be eligible for priority treatment under a US refugee settlement program.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... orth-falls

Afghan Puppet Troops are stranded on a bridge to uzbekistan. Taliban is advancing on their ass. Slaughter/border incident is imminent.

Link to video

Igor Antunov wrote:Outskirts of Kabul are already seeing firefights. The loliban are streaming in. Hide your daughters, literally.

They won't be able to get all their puppets out in time.

Afghan Puppet Troops are stranded on a bridge to uzbekistan. Taliban is advancing on their ass. Slaughter/border incident is imminent.

The last vain hope was on Heavy D, Rashid Dostum. Whoever is the Afghan President- it is not worth me looking up his name at this stage, since he is history, if not dead man walking- paid a visit to Dostum land in Mazar e Something just a few days ago. Last I read somewhere Rashid Dostum has high tailed it to Uzbekistan.

I am almost afraid to go to sleep. I am afraid Kabul may have fallen by the time I wake up. :lol:
colliric wrote:Dear Biden fans, take this embarrassing defeat like men. He's going to cop the biggest flack, just accept it.

Wow there. Republicans can't start a war, treaty the end of troops in Afghanistan and then blame Biden for this. All Biden has done is not change course which you can ONLY criticise if you think the US should stay there indefinitely. The Republicans are the whole reason we are in Afghanistan to begin with and are the reason they left FYI.
colliric wrote:Everyone's blaming Biden for it.

Well that news report didn't back up your claim. :lol:

Besides, everyone is a funny word. Clearly not everyone given I don't blame Biden for this. I blame Trump for his BS deal and that is what I read about most when it comes to blame anyway. But I perhaps am being a bit harsh on Trump. I really blame Bush more than anyone else.
colliric wrote:Saigon 2.0

Seriously when was the last time the US won a war?

WW2

Dear Biden fans, take this embarrassing defeat like men. He's going to cop the biggest flack, just accept it.

1. I don't think anyone gives a shit about the Biden puppet these days.

2. If puppets can be responsible for failure. The Afghanistan war was a failure for every of the puppets, since the Bush puppet's puppet masters started the war.

Interesting times for sure. I wonder how America will tell lies to kids of how they won this war.
Crantag wrote:Interesting times for sure. I wonder how America will tell lies to kids of how they won this war.

I hope not, I mean so many classic 80s anti-war films came out of the Vietnam loss, hopefully we get to see a revival of the "war is hell and we fucking lost and had to evacuate" genre. The silver lining.

I'm going to watch Good Morning Vietnam tonight.
colliric wrote:I hope not, I mean so many classic 80s anti-war films came out of the Vietnam loss, hopefully we get to see a revival of the "war is hell and we fucking lost and had to evacuate" genre. The silver lining.

I'm going to watch Good Morning Vietnam tonight.

You didn't grow up a kid in America.

America has never lost a war (as taught in school).

Even though we know they lost every major war.

I wonder how they will try to spin the narrative of them winning in Afghanistan.

He is still under checks and balances while other[…]

So the evidence shows that it was almost certainly[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The claim is a conditional statement. This is one[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I don't know who are you are referring to, but th[…]