Biden stands by his decision to abandon Afghanistan - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
colliric wrote:Are you an idiot? I can't believe you did not jump to the conclusion that I was talking about Trump using the Airforce to keep the Taliban under pressure not to break the agreement themselves, as he withdrew the ground forces.

You seem to create a fantasy inside your mind as to what my post was about.

The Taliban explicitly stated your country violated that agreement by missing the May deadline and that is why they've taken it by force. They did not view the may deadline as optional, regardless of what you think. That's the TALIBAN'S STATED VIEW. Your country violated the agreement, as there was an explicit agreed date.

Using the Airforce to protect your ground retreat, in case your opponent attacks, is standard practice even when the withdrawal is agreed upon. But I guess I'm retarded for thinking standard practice needs to be adhered to.

The Taliban is working with the US @colliric. The troops did pull out by May 1st, only a few remained for an orderly pull out diplomatically before September and clearly the Taliban didn't mind that. I mean, the US are using Kabul Airport whilst the Taliban are in Kabul. What kind of idiot thinks the Taliban is punishing the US right now?

As for you being a complete idiot actually, the Taliban would have had an issue if planes were intimidating them and @Fasces has also shown you part of the deal which would have been in violation had the US done that. Biden followed the deal to the Talibans liking. You not understand that is just more evidence you are not following this story and getting all your info from Right Wing trolls on Twitter.
AFAIK wrote:@B0ycey If only this clusterfuck had coincided with Corbyn's stint as leader. Could have led to some spicy debates.

Indeed. Perhaps Corbyn could have had some leeway on this given he was from a different part of Labour. Starmer is on the Blairite side. I suspect Corbyn wouldn't have had a problem throwing Blair under the bus and would have been more than happy to say that.

Lol. You're just straight up lying @B0ycey.

The Taliban said repeatedly Biden was violating the deal by not keeping to the agreed upon date.

Obviously they decided to act more immediately, after their initial "welcoming" of a new date. Probably because Biden goaded and insulted them in that stupid idiotic way last month.

And you don't actually intimate them. You keep the planes ready in case a defensive action is needed during the withdrawal. It's called diplomacy.
Last edited by colliric on 17 Aug 2021 15:50, edited 1 time in total.
colliric wrote:https://youtu.be/-JSMTDHI948

Lol. You're just straight up lying.

The Taliban said repeatedly Biden was violating the deal by not keeping to the agreed upon date.

Obviously they decided to act more immediately, after their initial "welcoming" of a new date. Probably because Biden goaded and insulted them in that stupid idiotic way last month

Your report was merely rhetoric and the "new date was welcomed" on a new article last May (so not current).

The point was they pulled out by May and only a few remained for logistical purposes and not military purposes. And that is why the Taliban is currently working with the US and not going into the Airport and killing on sight. That should be obvious. But clearly not with someone who doesn't understand the news they are presented with.
Last edited by B0ycey on 17 Aug 2021 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
They're allowing you to leave peacefully. That's not "working with you" dumbass, that's allowing you to fuck off. You don't have any power in Afghanistan anymore.

China has already recognised and started dealing with the Taliban, Russia will follow next.

They're not working with the US, they're allowing you to get the fuck out.

Your report was merely rhetoric

Reposted because you obviously missed it.
colliric wrote:They're allowing you to leave peacefully. That's not "working with you" dumbass, that's allowing you to fuck off. You don't have any power in Afghanistan anymore.

China has already recognised and started dealing with the Taliban, Russia will follow next.

What do you think America want from Afghanistan now @colliric? They don't give a shit about the Taliban and if anything thet will keep their relationship with them to a minimum. They do however want to get out. And given the Taliban is allowing them, clearly they are working with the US. If they wanted to punish them they would obviously stop them. But they know the US airforce would come back which ironically is what you think should happen. It would however be in violation of the agreement and as such you contradicted yourself which was the point @Fasces made.
colliric wrote:I didn't contradict myself at all @Fasces deliberately misinterpreted and misrepresented my post.

No you're a logical hot mess....

Anyway, all the politicians are shifting blame and finger pointing now because absolutely NONE of them want to own this. Mainly because that means they have to own the deaths of numerous people. Both military and civilian. Unfortunately, I think all the noise caused by the finger pointing is going to obfuscate the main lesson here.
Last edited by Rancid on 17 Aug 2021 16:09, edited 1 time in total.
colliric wrote:I didn't contradict myself at all @Fasces deliberately misinterpreted and misrepresented my post.

Well, you have a platform. Why did you want the Airforce to remain for? Also, if the Airforce remained past May, I would like you to explain why that is not a violation of the agreement. If you can somehow explain those two positions without contradiction then you have proven @Fasces wrong. Until then he is correct.
colliric wrote:They're allowing you to leave peacefully. That's not "working with you" dumbass, that's allowing you to fuck off. You don't have any power in Afghanistan anymore.

Cut n Run Joe owes eternal gratitude to the Taliban for allowing him to leave without the benefit of accelerants in the shape of artillery fire on the airport. If the Taliban wanted some cheap optics they would simply lob shells unto the runways. And there won't be much Senile Joe can do. What is there to bombard now other than hitting civilians?
Patrickov wrote:I fail to see Taliban will hold their end of this deal, if it exists.

Why would the Taliban not hold up their part of the deal?

They probably receive some sort of financial benefit from the pipelines as well now; not just the West. So they have two good reasons for not attacking the pipeline: their own wallets, and the fact that they get to rule the country.
B0ycey wrote:Well, you have a platform. Why did you want the Airforce to remain for?

Standard procedure throughout the 20th and 21st century when withdrawing ground forces. Airforce in standby to protect the retreat. A preventative measure, not a threatening one.

Just say they have to be there to "help the logistics of withdrawal", as you'll need to use them in the evacuation anyway. Airforce should always leave last.
colliric wrote:Standard procedure throughout the 20th and 21st century when withdrawing ground forces. Airforce in standby to protect the retreat. A preventative measure, not a threatening one.

Just say they have to be there to "help the logistics of withdrawal", as you'll need to use them in the evacuation anyway. Airforce should always leave last.

Right, so you have contradicted yourself. Personnel who are merely finishing up is a violation of the agreement but pissing planes on standby are not. :?: That is what Rancid calls a logical hot mess and I can assure you the Taliban would have had a bigger problem with the US airforce being in Kabul than a few paper pushers.

The only thing you should know is this clusterfuck has absolutely nothing to do with the agreement or a few troops for logistical purposes. It is because the Taliban took Kabul without a shot being fired and that caught everyone by surprise. Had Trump been in power the same thing would have happened. I know that as Biden was basically following Trumps deal to the dot.
colliric wrote:Now who's contradicting themselves! Lol.

Trump wanted to leave faster, the May date was his timeline. Biden delayed it for several months. That's just one difference.

A contradiction is opposing views which you have and I haven't done. But rather than just repeating something that is now obvious to anyone who cares I will just leave that argument and stick to the topic on hand. Biden didn't delay anything. He kept a few personnel to mop up behind. But even if we pretend that Trump wouldn't have left anyone behind for whatever purpose, he wouldn't have left any planes which you said he would employ and as such he too would have had no levers to prevent the clusterfuck either. A clusterfuck that was caused by the fact the Afghan Army didn't fight and not the US-Taliban agreement in any case.
Oh God....

Biden didn't delay anything.

Talk about totally utterly delusional.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-14/ ... /100067262

Australian Broadcasting Corporation wrote:Mr Biden's decision risks retaliation by the Taliban on US and Afghan forces, possibly escalating the 20-year war.

It will also reignite political division over America's involvement in what many have called "the endless war".

Now watch as @Fasces fails to correct you.

I dont know if you recall, but la loca MTG at one[…]

How about Russia uses a battle field nuclear we[…]

@Tainari88 , @Godstud @Rich , @Verv , @Po[…]

World War II Day by Day

March 29, Friday Mackenzie King wins Canadian el[…]