Administration gave Taliban names of US Citizens and allies - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Administration gave Taliban names of U.S. Citizens and allies in Afghanistan.

"In a move no one can grasp, U.S. officials in Kabul gave the Taliban a list of names of American citizens, green card holders, and Afghan allies, believing the Taliban would allow them to enter the militant-controlled outer perimeter of the city’s airport. Lawmakers and military officials are outraged."

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/k ... s-n1473191

One wonders if this Administration could really be that incompetent and naive, or whether they want there to be a massacre.

Taliban forces have already been hunting down and executing Americans who were left behind, journalists, and any Afghans who assisted the Americans, even including language interpreters.

So, does anyone believe the government can be trusted with personal information and is competent enough to make sure that information doesn't fall into the wrong hands?

Hundreds of students and alumni of the American University of Afghanistan were told "there will be no more rescue flights" on Sunday, prompting many to go into hiding.

Students were further alarmed upon learning that the U.S. military had given a list of their names and passport information to Taliban officials guarding the airport in Kabul, according to a report from the New York Times.

"They told us: we have given your names to the Taliban," a 24-year-old sophomore studying business administration told the Times. "We are all terrified, there is no evacuation, there is no getting out."

About 600 students and alumni had gathered at a safehouse on Sunday to gather before attempting to flee the country. However, upon arriving at the airport, they were turned away due to evacuation flights ending as the U.S. focuses on removing its personnel ahead of the Aug. 31 deadline.​

American University of Afghanistan Students Told ‘There Is No Evacuation’ and That Their Names Were Given to the Taliban
Mediaite, Katherine Huggins, August 30, 2021

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/am ... d=msedgntp
Politics_Observer wrote:@Puffer Fish @Rancid

Actually, I have heard this report is false and not true.

Much as I hate to put in any good word for Senile Joe, I have to say you are probably wrong. The list may have been provided. Hamid Karzai International Airport begins to take the form of a medieval strong point under seige. Anyone making it inside the Airport has to go through two rings: an outer Taliban ring, and an inner US ring. I fail to see how anyone got past the outer Taliban security perimeter without the Taliban getting their identification, if they cared to. And anyone approaching the outer Taliban security perimeter is already conscious of the fact that they were bound to be identified by the Taliban as collaborators. But the US doesn't want everyone in the mob outside, only a select and identifiable few. I do not see how Senile Joe had another choice other than to let Taliban have a list of people to whom the Taliban could issue a laisser passer.
It was risky. But, other than dispensing with all screening, I do not see what other choice Senile Joe had.

Or maybe it is racist to ask Afghan seeking asylum to identify themselves:) ? Would that amount to Immigrant Aspiration Suppression:) ?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Here's a good paper/article on the "privilege[…]

@Pants-of-dog No one has ever said anything abou[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

Honestly I think you should give up on hoping to […]

I don't think a multiracial society can function[…]