The Arab Dream - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
The Arab Spring was an amazing dream but after dreams, we usually wake up. We dreamt of freedom, justice and economic welfare. We dreamt of justice but we woke up to find that many powerful persons and neighbouring countries hate justice. We dreamt of freedom but we woke up to find that our peoples used to live without freedom. We dreamt of economic welfare but we woke up to find that our economy is too weak. The Arab Spring was too idealistic: it avoided facing its enemies. Ironically, the anti-revolution was conspiring and plotting while the Arab Spring was still dreaming. The Arab Spring had slogans but no clear strategies. Who don't face obstacles? But the Arab Spring dealing with obstacles was not realistic. Revolutions always used to be very strict but the Arab Spring was too idealistic to be strict.
If we want to classify the contemporary Arab history, I can say that the pre-Arab Spring era was an era of tyranny and injustice, the Arab Spring era was the era of dreaming and the post-Arab Spring era is an era of instability: you can see instability in Yemen, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Tunisia and Sudan. Actually, many people blame the Arab Spring for this instability. Clearly, we can't blame anyone who revolts against injustice and tyranny but the Arab Spring in authority was idealistic, not professional and strict.
Where is the Arab World going? I see negative expectations. For example, if we look at Lebanon, the situation is too complicated to be solved in the near future. Libya, Sudan and Tunisia are not better than Lebanon. I'm afraid that the Arab World will face a nightmare in the near future.
By JohnRawls
Wael El-Manzalawy wrote:The Arab Spring was an amazing dream but after dreams, we usually wake up. We dreamt of freedom, justice and economic welfare. We dreamt of justice but we woke up to find that many powerful persons and neighbouring countries hate justice. We dreamt of freedom but we woke up to find that our peoples used to live without freedom. We dreamt of economic welfare but we woke up to find that our economy is too weak. The Arab Spring was too idealistic: it avoided facing its enemies. Ironically, the anti-revolution was conspiring and plotting while the Arab Spring was still dreaming. The Arab Spring had slogans but no clear strategies. Who don't face obstacles? But the Arab Spring dealing with obstacles was not realistic. Revolutions always used to be very strict but the Arab Spring was too idealistic to be strict.
If we want to classify the contemporary Arab history, I can say that the pre-Arab Spring era was an era of tyranny and injustice, the Arab Spring era was the era of dreaming and the post-Arab Spring era is an era of instability: you can see instability in Yemen, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Tunisia and Sudan. Actually, many people blame the Arab Spring for this instability. Clearly, we can't blame anyone who revolts against injustice and tyranny but the Arab Spring in authority was idealistic, not professional and strict.
Where is the Arab World going? I see negative expectations. For example, if we look at Lebanon, the situation is too complicated to be solved in the near future. Libya, Sudan and Tunisia are not better than Lebanon. I'm afraid that the Arab World will face a nightmare in the near future.

Well, Arab spring lost to the dictators basically or to religious dogmatists. No real progress or reform was done besides the slogans. Basically most Arab Spring movements were crushed by dictators or taken over by religious dogmatists so no real reforms happened. Expecting there to be any outcome or any progress without those reforms is stupid. When Europe was undergoing this change then most countries guilliotined their heads of state or did other interesting things to their Aristocracy, nobility and so on.

Oh, so now you don't believe Amit Soussana, @Pant[…]

Oh please post those too :lol: Very obvious p[…]

No, it does not. It is governed by the rather vagu[…]

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we[…]