Saudi diplomat in UK was keeping Filipina maid as a slave - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
A diplomat from Saudi Arabia who was stationed in London was apparently keeping a Filipina maid as a virtual slave. This is something that is common in Saudi Arabia.

The UK Supreme Court has now ruled that the Saudi diplomat should not be protected by diplomatic immunity, and can be subject to prosecution.

UK Supreme Court sides with Filipina maid in modern slavery case (yahoo.com), Yahoo Philippines, Marvin Joseph Ang
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/uk-supreme-co ... 26416.html

Josephine Wong, a Filipina domestic worker, was forced to wear a bell everyday to be at the family's beck and call. Her employer regularly yelled at her and called her offensive names, and when the family was at home, she was only allowed to eat their leftover food.

see related thread:
"Foreign women living under virtual slavery in Saudi Arabia"
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=177453
Patrickov wrote:Wong is a Cantonese surname. Are you sure you are reporting her nationality correctly?

"Agatha Wong: 'My last name's Chinese yet I'm Filipina more than anything' "

https://sports.inquirer.net/377832/agat ... z7YWO5oNpp

Apparently over the years there have been many Chinese immigrants who have gone to the Philippines, usually to try to start a business, so now over the years there are some Filipinos with Chinese last names.
The Gulf-Arabs are the worst muslims! They are also the most racist people on earth!

Look how they treat foreign workers...

But Islam is a 2 Billion people religion. Just 300 Million is the Middle-East.

A Kurdish friend told me a story about his cousin, he was in the Middl-East to sell a horse... The Shaikh raped him with his sons and gave him a Rolex :knife:
Yes about one third of mankind is christian, and about one fourth is muslim. If you assume that all christians are evil, or that all muslims are terrorists, then you're not making too much sense.

However as gros as this case is, I'm amazed they can just decide "oh we just strip you of diplomatic immunity" though. Doesnt that mean that now, whenever Saudi Arabia feels like it, they can strip british diplomats of their immunity, too ? And I bet their reasons might very likely end up being just as awful as this case. I really wouldnt have done it as a judge.

Okay, I'm assuming judges in UK are even trying to making any sense. Looking at the Juliane Assagne case, theres reason for doubt for that.
Sandzak wrote:The Gulf-Arabs are the worst muslims! They are also the most racist people on earth!

Look how they treat foreign workers...

But Islam is a 2 Billion people religion. Just 300 Million is the Middle-East.

A Kurdish friend told me a story about his cousin, he was in the Middl-East to sell a horse... The Shaikh raped him with his sons and gave him a Rolex :knife:

Yesterday was 8-8 day. Happy 88. 88, a code number for "Heil Hitler" based on "H" being the eighth letter of the alphabet. In Gone with the Wind " Scarlett O'Hara lives at Tara, her family's cotton plantation in Georgia, with her parents and two sisters and their many slaves."
North Korea was supported by China and the Soviet Union while South Korea was supported by the United Nations, principally the United States.
Australia, Belgium and Luxembourg, Canada, Colombia, Ethiopia, France, Greece, Netherlands, New Zealand, Philippines, Thailand, Turkey, South Africa, United Kingdom, and United States

Sean Richard Dulake talks to black guy I feel bad.

https://www.themaparchive.com/product/the-world-1950/
Puffer Fish wrote:A diplomat from Saudi Arabia who was stationed in London was apparently keeping a Filipina maid as a virtual slave. This is something that is common in Saudi Arabia.

The UK Supreme Court has now ruled that the Saudi diplomat should not be protected by diplomatic immunity, and can be subject to prosecution.

UK Supreme Court sides with Filipina maid in modern slavery case (yahoo.com), Yahoo Philippines, Marvin Joseph Ang
https://sg.news.yahoo.com/uk-supreme-co ... 26416.html

Josephine Wong, a Filipina domestic worker, was forced to wear a bell everyday to be at the family's beck and call. Her employer regularly yelled at her and called her offensive names, and when the family was at home, she was only allowed to eat their leftover food.

see related thread:
"Foreign women living under virtual slavery in Saudi Arabia"
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=177453

The only surprising thing is that the judge voided his diplomatic immunity. Probably not a good precedent.
Truth To Power wrote:The only surprising thing is that the judge voided his diplomatic immunity. Probably not a good precedent.

Probably one of the open and shut common decency questions. Come foreign slave where we must make a diplomatic opinion to the British persons, I've heard this is really 4, 4 nations at the price of 1 , saudi arabia, scotland, wales, north ireland...
Saeko wrote:Slavery isn't too uncommon in the UK either. Just look at how they treat Polish migrant workers. I can see how the Saudi diplomat might have been confused.

Jesus never spoke against cocaine baby basketball, neither the patristics or reformed theologians of the Church. France! France in the chaos of the Revolution of atheistic parentage, came up with a scheme to entice mothers into government daycare programs, to call us caught red handed, anyone they had oh so recently, been those themselves who had made cocaine baby basketball.
Saeko wrote:Slavery isn't too uncommon in the UK either. Just look at how they treat Polish migrant workers. I can see how the Saudi diplomat might have been confused.

No you can not compare it. The Poles can leave if they want and they get paid, ergo they are no slaves!!!

Saudi-Arabia has no rule of law just a brutal classist aristocracy, I hope MBS will change this
Sandzak wrote:Slaves do not work well, free humans work better.

But far more expensive. If a 'free worker' can do the work of 3 'slaves' but you can hire 10 for the same price... Well, that new swimming pool is not going to pay for itself.

All it takes is immigrant workers that are desperate enough to accept such conditions and a local population that despises them enough to not care.

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] Are you[…]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]

I (still) have a dream

Because the child's cattle-like parents "fol[…]