What `ll be Israel response ? "Moscow is supplying Iran with its latest weapons in exchange for dron - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
litwin wrote:one for its VERY VERY BAD NEWS FOR ISRAEL !

Na, even if Iran gets the SU-35 and more SAMs, Israel retains an overwhelming superiority in conventional forces. Israel's potential enemies still have a long, long way to go to attain something like the balance of forces in '73.

late wrote:
Iran isn't suicidal

Of course not. Years ago, an ex-mossad official stated on "60 minutes" that Iran's leadership is "very rational." For many years it's been fashionable to demonize Iran, the alleged "threat," but that's unreasonable. Even if the Iranians built a nuclear weapon or a few of them, they aren't crazy enough to initiate a nuclear war with Israel, which already has a big n-arsenal and far better means of delivery. They just want a deterrent capability of their own, which is perfectly reasonable.
Robert Urbanek wrote:I'm a bit puzzled. How can Moscow be "supplying Iran with its latest weapons" when it barely has enough weapons to use against Ukraine?

I don't know if it's supplying much of anything right now. But there's been talk of providing new fighters and SAMs etc for years and Russia has to provide something to get Iranian support.
starman2003 wrote:I don't know if it's supplying much of anything right now. But there's been talk of providing new fighters and SAMs etc for years and Russia has to provide something to get Iranian support.

You may be right. Given that Russian fighters are easy targets for Ukrainian air defenses, they might as well give them to Iran.

Wishing to see the existence of a massively nucl[…]

As long as settler colonialism is a thing, October[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Speculation is boring and useless. Speculation is,[…]

I was reading St. Nicodemus of the Holy Mountain […]