The Lion's Den - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
By skinster
Just a post here to congratulate the resistance in the form of The Lion's Den, showing the Zionists who oppress them what's up. 8)

For those who don't know, The Lion's Den is a cross factional resistance force, predominantly based in the West Bank, in Nablus and Jenin, who are fighting fire with fire, and scaring the shit out of the coward Zionists who believed their ongoing oppression of Palestinians with no end in sight won't ever be dealt with.
By Beren
It's the Lions' Den, actually. However, the Lion (of Nablus) himself is already dead, just like both of its founders.

I wonder if their logo resembles a typical UFO or UAP intentionally. :lol:

By Rich
skinster wrote:and scaring the shit out of the coward Zionists who believed their ongoing oppression of Palestinians with no end in sight won't ever be dealt with.

Since the founding of Israel, Israeli Jews have shown themselves to be one of the bravest peoples on the planet, certainly the bravest of the so called western nations. I think there are many Zionists, who are very far from complacent of the long term dangers of the West Bank Muslim population and are seeking a final solution to their problem.

I would suggest that actually what the hard line Zionists need is a serious Palestinian rebellion to justify their radical agenda amongst more moderate / soft Zionists.
By Szabo
Rich wrote:I think there are many Zionists, who are very far from complacent of the long term dangers of the West Bank Muslim population and are seeking a final solution to their problem.

:eek: :knife:
Last edited by Szabo on 25 Apr 2023 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
By Rich
I'm not suggesting that the hard-line Zionists want to exterminate the West Bank Palestinian population, although there's undoubtedly a fair few that would have no issue with such a solution. No I'm suggesting that they want to completely expel them from the West Bank. This is currently very much a minority view point amongst Zionists. The job of extremists is to manipulate the situation in order to radacalise the majority. This applies to the so called extremists on both sides and in conflicts generally.
By Beren
Rich wrote:I would suggest that actually what the hard line Zionists need is a serious Palestinian rebellion to justify their radical agenda amongst more moderate / soft Zionists.

So Netanyahu may have been behind the foundation of this youth club actually?
By skinster
Beren wrote:It's the Lions' Den, actually. However, the Lion (of Nablus) himself is already dead, just like both of its founders.

A number of the leaders within the various resistance orgs have been killed in IOF raids etc. but it's doing the opposite of what the Zionists want, making the organisations bigger and stronger. They have huge support all over Palestine and are influencing the people in a way not seen in decades. They're also successful in their attacks on those illegally settling their land and have struck a fear in those who thought they could carry on their almost-century-long crimes with impunity.

They're also causing something of an exodus from settlers in the West Bank too who've been reported to be leaving and taking their money out of the banks. Good times on occupied land!
By JohnRawls
We can use this topic as the main thread when a large scale conflict erupts again this year or in the next 5 years if its still alive. It seems the situation is getting more unstable in the region, mainly because of Iran need for the war and Israels internal political issues which it can't resolve and Lebanon not being able to function as a proper state after all its troubles. It will be bigger than usual though compared to the standard outbreaks that we have seen before.
By starman2003
Rich wrote:I'm not suggesting that the hard-line Zionists want to exterminate the West Bank Palestinian population, although there's undoubtedly a fair few that would have no issue with such a solution. No I'm suggesting that they want to completely expel them from the West Bank.

Sure but forcible mass expulsion will inevitably involve a lot of killing.

This is currently very much a minority view point amongst Zionists. The job of extremists is to manipulate the situation in order to radacalise the majority.

The zionists need a pretext for mass expulsion, and will probably get it fairly soon. All it'll take is a Palestinian attack costing a few lives. The zionists can then throw out the Palestinians en masse under the cover of an "antiterrorist operation."
By skinster

JohnRawls wrote:Iran need for the war

Iran is not interested in war. They have said this repeatedly. But they said they would send missiles to "Tel Aviv" if they are attacked.

starman2003 wrote:The zionists need a pretext for mass expulsion, and will probably get it fairly soon. All it'll take is a Palestinian attack costing a few lives.

A number of these attacks have occurred against the settlers occupying the Palestinian territory of the West Bank by orgs affiliated with the Lions' Den. A more famous case was of a Rabbi from England who took his teenage kids to occupy the West Bank. They really milked that in the media recently, wild you missed it.

I suppose that's a cost anyone must consider if they go to another people's land, put a military boot on the neck of the people living there and expect them to simply lay there..for decades.
By starman2003
skinster wrote:Iran is not interested in war. They have said this repeatedly. But they said they would send missiles to "Tel Aviv" if they are attacked.

The bias and double standards against Iran are unbelievable. Tehran is mercilessly hounded for the one or a few nuclear bombs it might build while Israel isn't pressured at all despite possessing scores if not hundreds of n-bombs already.

A number of these attacks have occurred against the settlers occupying the Palestinian territory of the West Bank by orgs affiliated with the Lions' Den…..

I assume a second nakba may occur when the zionist far right is finished with its domestic agenda and the influx of settlers reaches critical mass, where to be sustainable the zionist land grab requires virtually all the land and resources of the territories. Then, what once would've been considered a routine incident will become a casus belli.
By skinster
starman2003 wrote:The bias and double standards against Iran are unbelievable. Tehran is mercilessly hounded for the one or a few nuclear bombs it might build while Israel isn't pressured at all despite possessing scores if not hundreds of n-bombs already.

Iran doesn't even have nukes and it's really not about that, it's because Iran has stood up to the zionist entity and arms some resistance movements against it. The Zionists won't do anything against Iran, I mean, they won't even do anything against Hezbollah since they got a bloody nose from them; recently Israel was attacking Muslims and Christians at Al-Aqsa mosque in Jerusalem during Ramadan and Easter, attacks on Gaza and lobbing missiles at Syria, which resulted in missiles coming back from Lebanon and the Israelis responded with throwing some missiles back at an empty field because, well, they clearly don't want any war with Hezbollah, even though the missiles from Lebanon came from PIJ. Sometimes the Zionists go too far and have to be pushed back a little. This was a recent occurrence of that.

I assume a second nakba may occur when the zionist far right is finished with its domestic agenda and the influx of settlers reaches critical mass, where to be sustainable the zionist land grab requires virtually all the land and resources of the territories. Then, what once would've been considered a routine incident will become a casus belli.

I don't think they can get away with a second Nakba anymore, they would've done that already if it were possible. The best they can do is intermittent home demolitions and ethnic cleansing from one area to another, but even those are getting too much push-back in the West, which has repeatedly ended up with stalling their ongoing ethnic-cleansing project.

Zionists have too many of their own problems right now - alongside the resistance of the Lions' Den in the West Bank and Gaza - and are seeing the most massive protests they have ever seen, against the likes of overt fascist Ben-Gvir and a few others.

Ilan Pappe, an Israeli historian, recently stated something along the lines of it being the beginning of the end of the Zionist entity. Let's hope that is true..
By starman2003
skinster wrote:Iran doesn't even have nukes and it's really not about that, it's because Iran has stood up to the zionist entity and arms some resistance movements against it. The Zionists won't do anything against Iran,

They've repeatedly murdered Iranian scientists and Iranians in Syria, committed sabotage and launched countless attacks on Iranian bases, truck convoys etc as far as Iraq.

I mean, they won't even do anything against Hezbollah since they got a bloody nose from them;

Hez has the advantage of being a nonstate actor which means an enemy can't hold the population of a country and its infrastructure hostage. No doubt Syria would strike back if it didn't have so much to lose...

I don't think they can get away with a second Nakba anymore, they would've done that already if it were possible.

It was always possible, with far right loonies which until now weren't in power. Right now they're focused on a domestic agenda, but that'll be taken care of pretty soon.

The best they can do is intermittent home demolitions and ethnic cleansing from one area to another, but even those are getting too much push-back in the West, which has repeatedly ended up with stalling their ongoing ethnic-cleansing project.

With very few exceptions, "leaders" in the West have long been under the thumb of pro-Israel financiers and other backers. They're too cowardly to do anything but put out wimpy statements for the sake of outside appearances. Settlement construction continues unabated as its proponents are not in the least daunted by wimpy, phony "opposition" from western governments.

Zionists have too many of their own problems right now - alongside the resistance of the Lions' Den in the West Bank and Gaza - and are seeing the most massive protests they have ever seen, against the likes of overt fascist Ben-Gvir and a few others.

They can't do much now but it's likely IMO they'll weather the protests and then begin the nakba, first by provoking the Palestinians and then cracking down savagely under the guise of "stopping terrorism."

Ilan Pappe, an Israeli historian, recently stated something along the lines of it being the beginning of the end of the Zionist entity. Let's hope that is true..

I concur. Israel will pay a heavy price, regionally and internationally, for the coming nakba. As I've long predicted, the big atrocity will essentially erase the last half century of peacemaking and revive the old cycle of war. And this time the zionists will be weakened psychologically and materially in a way that would've been unthinkable prior to this year.
By skinster
starman2003 wrote:They've repeatedly murdered Iranian scientists and Iranians in Syria, committed sabotage and launched countless attacks on Iranian bases, truck convoys etc as far as Iraq.

No argument from me on that front, I'm well aware of that, not to mention the murder of General Soleimani. I was referring to attacking Iran in the sense of making a direct war happen.

No doubt Syria would strike back if it didn't have so much to lose...

Syria did that week when missiles came from there, Lebanon and Gaza, after the Zionists kept taking the piss with their attacks as well as the horrific aforementioned attacks at Al-Aqsa. And these missiles made the Zionists back off. That won't last of course, since they're psychos who seem to have a death wish at this point, but this is by the by..

It was always possible, with far right loonies which until now weren't in power. Right now they're focused on a domestic agenda, but that'll be taken care of pretty soon.

I really don't believe it is. Even their intermittent attacks on Gaza every few years results in so much backlash in the West - amongst the people mainly - that they're forced to back off. Attempting to go all Nakba-style just can't happen again because there are too many eyes on them and too many in the region that won't stand for it. Not to mention the reconciliation between the Saudis and Syrians and Iranians now which have scared the shit out of the Zionists and Yanks..

Settlement construction continues unabated as its proponents are not in the least daunted by wimpy, phony "opposition" from western governments.

Actually there's been some push-back against these in the courts of some of the home demolitions and ethnic cleansing which has stalled the processes. They do continue but I'd hardly say unabated..

They can't do much now but it's likely IMO they'll weather the protests and then begin the nakba, first by provoking the Palestinians and then cracking down savagely under the guise of "stopping terrorism."

I disagree. Things are changing a lot in the region and things might change quicker than we think. The Russians and Chinese look to seek a peace deal on Palestine too, amongst Ukraine and Saudi/Iran+Syria so let's see where this goes..

I concur. Israel will pay a heavy price, regionally and internationally, for the coming nakba. As I've long predicted, the big atrocity will essentially erase the last half century of peacemaking and revive the old cycle of war. And this time the zionists will be weakened psychologically and materially in a way that would've been unthinkable prior to this year.

Why do you seem so sure there'll be another Nakba? From which area do you think this'll happen? I just don't think they can get away with that level of genocide in front of all the cameras.
By starman2003
skinster wrote:I was referring to attacking Iran in the sense of making a direct war happen.

I think the zionists would've done that already had they been more confident they could decisively eliminate Iran's nuclear program--or get the the US to help.

Syria did that week when missiles came from there, Lebanon and Gaza, after the Zionists kept taking the piss with their attacks as well as the horrific aforementioned attacks at Al-Aqsa. And these missiles made the Zionists back off. That won't last of course, since they're psychos who seem to have a death wish at this point

The missile attacks are just a pinprick compared to deadly, repeated zionist attacks. They're psychos alright, and capable of another nakba.

I really don't believe it is. Even their intermittent attacks on Gaza every few years results in so much backlash in the West - amongst the people mainly - that they're forced to back off. Attempting to go all Nakba-style just can't happen again because there are too many eyes on them and too many in the region that won't stand for it.

They can minimize resistance by handling it a certain way--wait for a Palestinian attack then initiate a major operation under the guise of "antiterrorism." Of course there would be a lot of noise regionally and beyond, but no real action.

Not to mention the reconciliation between the Saudis and Syrians and Iranians now which have scared the shit out of the Zionists and Yanks..

I don't think so. It may not last if the Houthis for example resume attacks.

Actually there's been some push-back against these in the courts of some of the home demolitions and ethnic cleansing which has stalled the processes. They do continue but I'd hardly say unabated..

The bottom line is that zionist encroachment goes on and will reach critical mass.

I disagree. Things are changing a lot in the region and things might change quicker than we think. The Russians and Chinese look to seek a peace deal on Palestine too, amongst Ukraine and Saudi/Iran+Syria so let's see where this goes..

It'll go nowhere.

Why do you seem so sure there'll be another Nakba? From which area do you think this'll happen? I just don't think they can get away with that level of genocide in front of all the cameras.

They've gotten away with all kinds off stuff for decades. The present zionist leadership is unprecedentedly far right and includes screwballs like ben Gvir and smotrich. They believe god gave them the land. They can't be expected to act rationally and have no concern whatsoever for the Palestinians. I think it'll happen in the West Bank maybe Gaza too. Not necessarily soon-- but maybe in 3 years, whenever conditions are deemed to be ripe.
By Rich
One of the great mistakes of Palestinian Arabs was Palestinian nationalism. Of course if you want to ingratiate yourself with Western Liberals and build up a a rich corrupt collaborator bureaucracy then its great. If you want to twin back control of land its terrible. The great hopes of recent years for Muslim Arabs and those that identify with them was some kind of democracy in Syria or Egypt.

If the Gazans had been willing to give up Palestinian nationalism, a Muslim Brotherhood government in Egypt could have demanded that Gaza be annexed to Egypt. It was amazing how quickly the Liberals lost their interest in Egyptian Democracy, when they didn't get the result they wanted.
By starman2003
Rich wrote:One of the great mistakes of Palestinian Arabs was Palestinian nationalism. Of course if you want to ingratiate yourself with Western Liberals and build up a a rich corrupt collaborator bureaucracy then its great. If you want to twin back control of land its terrible.

The Palestinians couldn't compete with pro-israel groups in the west no matter what they did.

The great hopes of recent years for Muslim Arabs and those that identify with them was some kind of democracy in Syria or Egypt.

Without an authoritarian government Syria would fly apart. Egypt wouldn't fare much better; it's had authoritarian government for 5k years.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ4bO6xWJ4k Ther[…]

@FiveofSwords " chimpanzee " Having[…]

@Rancid They, the dogs, don't go crazy. They s[…]