Costs of usAF in Africa - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of Africa.

Moderator: PoFo Africa Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
By Odiseizam
with around 30 bases from which 15 permanent [1] and soon location of africom command on the continent [2] cost should be big and growing!

in 2008 estimates were that they will need half billion dollars for the mission [3] when just "few" bases were active, when actually Bush stated there will be no base expansion [3]

but the current unofficial estimations are striking, and the current official budget of africom dont make sense in respect of the 2008 needs, I'll say 5 to 10 maybe, but only 2 billion, hm, maybe the rest 8 re obtained by the black market!?

surely from help is the profit from the black arms market?

https://www.militarytimes.com/opinion/commentary/2020/03/12/why-the-us-should-spend-03-percent-of-its-defense-budget-to-prevent-an-african-debacle/

Research by TomDispatch indicates that in recent years the US military has, in fact, developed a remarkably extensive network of more than 60 outposts and access points in Africa. Some are currently being utilized, some are held in reserve, and some may be shuttered. These bases, camps, compounds, port facilities, fuel bunkers, and other sites can be found in at least 34 countries—more than 60 percent of the nations on the continent—many of them corrupt, repressive states with poor human rights records. The United States also operates “Offices of Security Cooperation and Defense Attaché Offices in approximately 38 [African] nations,” according to Falvo, and has struck close to 30 agreements to use international airports in Africa as refueling centers.
    https://www.thenation.com/article/archive/the-us-militarys-best-kept-secret/
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

That's the problem though. People in general don'[…]

And if he had been an Israeli citizen, the usual […]

@Scamp Bombing Mexico is the STUPIDIEST idea I[…]

No one is more manly than me. We know there is […]