RESPONSIBLE HOUSING IN KAMPALA - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of Africa.

Moderator: PoFo Africa Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum, so please post in English only.
Marc thorpe design partners with stage six and échale international to develop sustainable, ecologically responsible housing in uganda, east africa. according to the uganda bureau of statistics, uganda has a deficit of 2.1 million housing units, growing at a rate of 200,000 units a year. by 2030, the deficit is expected to reach three million units.

the goal of the kampala house project is to provide dwellings to middle to lower income families. each house will be built of bricks made from compressed earth. currently, there is extremely low supply of housing and it is usually of poor quality. stage six, échale international and marc thorpe design aim to relieve this pressure on the housing market and the people of uganda.

THE COMPRESSED EARTH ECOBLOCK

the team behind the kampala house project is marc thorpe design (see more here), stage six (see more here), and échale international (see more here). the first houses of echale international will be constructed in uganda in the spring of 2022.

each kampala house is built using echale international’s ecoblock, a compressed earth brick. the ecoblock is produced of 90% local soil and 10% a mixture of cement, lime, sand and water. it is a thermal and acoustic insulator, ecologically sustainable, more resistant than cement block and 30% less CO2 production.

Source:
https://www.designboom.com/architecture ... 57i3J1lHes
Iran is going to attack Israel

Iran's attack on the Zionist entity, a justified a[…]

No seems to be able to confront what the consequen[…]

https://twitter.com/i/status/1781393888227311712

I like what Chomsky has stated about Manufacturin[…]