vast racism in india towards the dalits the untouchables - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in India.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
i have an indian friend who is actually very dark much darker than me, one day we were discussing about racism in britain and he told me a shocking story about the dalits in india, and how his family cant go back there to to rampant racism against them, i used to believe that indians are one race until he corrected me apparantly he is a dravidian the original peoples of india and the white higher caste members are aryans and control almost anything

http://www.itsabouttimebpp.com/Announce ... India.html
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... ables.html

apparently there is a dalit black panther movement there. i wont lie it starting to make a lot of sense why his family dont seem to associate with certain lighter skinned indian families in london
By Serinous
the millennia old discrimination between aryans and dravidian is still around, wow.
By fuser
the dalits in india, and how his family cant go back there to to rampant racism against them, i used to believe that indians are one race until he corrected me apparantly he is a dravidian the original peoples of india and the white higher caste members are aryans and control almost anything

I must say your friend is utterly wrong mostly. In India there is not much discrimination based on race.Racially India is mainly divided in two races Aryan (around 72%) and Dravidians (around 25%). In India the problem is its monstrous hierarchical caste system in which "Dalits" come at the bottom of the ladder and are considered untouchables. Dalits could be any one aryan or dravidians and they are discriminated by both aryans and dravidians of higher castes. And seriously he is lying you plainly when he said that higher caste members are only aryans.You would even be amazed to know that this caste system is not only present in Hinduism but also other religions including Christianity, Sikhism and Islam also.

There is no rift between the two races because of the race problem but the real problem between them is of language.

Then I will add lastly that actually South India where majority is dravidians is more developed comparatively to North India furthermore he once again is lying plainly when he said that Aryans controls everything. Yes higher castes control everything be it aryans or dravidians it doesn't matter.

The bottom line is in India Race is not a question/problem but caste is and its just not another of those simple problems, its a herculean one and this one need to be resolved as soon as possible.
By fuser
Where do outsiders, such as Europeans or Africans fit into the caste system?

No where. They are excluded from caste system.
World War II Day by Day

May 15, Wednesday Britons flock to the local def[…]

Lenin said, "No society is more than three m[…]

why do you think Western academia and our Governme[…]

In the West we're all fighting the Nazis Well a[…]