India Bihar rapes 'caused by lack of toilets' - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in India.

Moderator: PoFo Asia & Australasia Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Decky wrote:The lack of toilets is a hygiene issue it has nothing to do with rape.

That is what Fuser is saying.

Oh boy. OH BOY. Then I rest my case!!
This thread turned into something unexpected for me, I never thought that there would be such a backlash against something so insignificant.

Yeah, those 400-ish women going out behind villages to pee/poo and then getting raped - ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with lack of sanitation, absolutely guys. If they had a toilet in their own house, by causality they would have got raped in their own house anyway! I guess that makes sense! Clearly and obviously!
Magnetonium wrote:Well then in that case I find it appalling how you think that rapes and abuse of women are not that big of issues in India.

Strawman. Never said that, in fact I explicitly said that both are big problems but not interconnected.

This thread turned into something unexpected for me, I never thought that there would be such a backlash against something so insignificant.

Insignificant? That is the whole point of OP.

Yeah, those 400-ish women going out behind villages to pee/poo and then getting raped - ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with lack of sanitation, absolutely guys. If they had a toilet in their own house, by causality they would have got raped in their own house anyway! I guess that makes sense! Clearly and obviously!

Have you even read the various posts? If you are so sure, please tell me why even when number of toilets has increased by quite an amount, number of rapes has only increased in Bihar? or the fact that Bihar is worst state in India in terms of availability of toilets but one of the safest in terms of crimes like rape?

Also please provide evidence that women in Bihar only go outside to answer nature's call.

Finally do you blame lack of Sun for half a day reason for rapes too?

Ridiculous causation is ridiculous.
The whole point of the article is that a number of Indian women get raped after going outside their homes to do their thing (because of lack of toilets in the home), and they get raped. That's it. There was no mention that it was the #1 reason for rapes, or one of the main reasons for rape. Thread title may have been sensationalist, but we already discussed that throughout the thread.

Logically speaking, if there's a SAFETY problem, then it gets addressed. Like if a child gets snatched from a elementary school playground then build a fence around the school playground. Likewise, Indian women shouldn't be raped in the hundreds just because they don't have a toilet at home. Yes, rapes are a problem in India and they are caused by other issues, but women shouldn't be left vulnerable to those disgusting men. Anything and everything should be done to decrease the instances of rape in India. Installing toilets helps in many ways for Indian families.

A person goes to do his/her thing at LEAST once or twice a day, that's 400-700 times a year when an Indian woman leaves her house unsupervised to a secluded spot and she's at risk. That's all. Rapists in poor and under-educated countries will look for every opportunity to rape a woman, and this shouldn't be an easy prey instance for them.

Downplaying this minor issue, or to make it worse, sharply rebutting it as nonsense, really makes it look like rape issue in India is not a big deal to some people.
Yes and women also get raped returning from their fields/various works etc. You know they can leave home for various reasons and not just to answer the nature's call. Rape is an issue caused by criminal men and not lack of toilets. The ridiculous causation of op is still ridiculous.

Downplaying this minor issue, or to make it worse, sharply rebutting it as nonsense, really makes it look like rape issue in India is not a big deal to some people.

Fucking hell. Can you even understand your own op?
India Bihar rapes 'caused by lack of toilets'

This headline suggests that men are turned on by women defecating outdoors.
The lack of toilets present an opportunity for rapists but doesn't cause the rapes.

It may be accurate to say that the high RATE of rapes is caused by the lack of toilets and that reducing the number of opportunities rapists have to prey on women would reduce the number of rapes taking place.

The link and quote has been posted. As well as li[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

What wat0n is trying to distract from: https://tw[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1773436787622[…]

PoFo would be a strange place for them to focus o[…]