[Archived: Special Debates] Vivisekt moderator - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Assorted documents and images.
I have changed this forum from being a temporary forum for the PoFo debates to being a permenant forum for any and all "special/invitation" debates on political issues.

I have made Vivisekt the exclusive moderator of this forum to being it into line with the format of the other forums. Vivisekt also now has control over the usergroup to decide who has access to this forum in order that he is able to control this forum properly without asking admins to give/remove users access. I will leave it up to him if he wishes to continue/modify/end the "PoFo debates" in thier current format before using this forum for individual debates set up on an issue by issue basis.
Last edited by Siberian Fox on 25 Nov 2005 00:43, edited 1 time in total.
By Vivisekt
Thank you, SF.

I'll also use this post to bring some of you up to speed on what is going to happen to the existing 'libertarians vs liberals' debate that has been going on. Don't worry, I'm not going to be axing the thread - although I am going to clean it up. Essentially, I am going to discard the old format for that debate and immediately open it up to the following:

The members of each team (liberals and libertarians) may freely and individually post against the opposing views that have been presented, with or without collaborating with their fellow team members. There is no specific order to this portion of the debate, but it has some stipulations:
* Debate must be mature in nature. No flames, insults, or other such material. Since this is a formal discourse, participants should present each of their posts as if they were presenting a serious paper (though posts needn't follow any specific format, or be a specific length).
* No one or two line posts if it can be at all avoided.
* Members of the same team needen't absolutely agree with one another, and can volunteer divergant points, so long as those points remain aligned with the general viewpoint that the team is forwarding. It should go without saying that members of the same team shouldn't argue with each other in the debate.
* I will step in to keep the debate moving along in a productive manner, when needed.

As for the duration of this debate, Gandalf and Smash, please let me know how long you would like it to run.

Updated rules and formatting for debates is located in the new sticky. I will, as always, take feedback from one and all. Just drop me a PM.

More stupid arguments, I see. It won't matter be[…]

People tend to forget that the French now have a […]

It is easy to tell the tunnel was made of pre fab[…]

In my opinion, masculinity has declined for all of[…]