[Archived: Special Debates] Debate Judges - The Election - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Assorted documents and images.
By Al-'Alim
Well I voted me and you did....who the hell are the other two?
By STA
Never underestimate the power of the Goriky Party.
By Misinformed
I also voted Al so he can prove he is mature :P, might aswell give him a chance.
By Al-'Alim
Thanks Misinformed. I apreciate it. I need to work on spelling though.
By Comrade Ogilvy
I chooseDer Freiheitsucher again as he is the best qualified to be debate judge IMO.
By STA
Unless 5 other people get to 5 votes besides Al he isn;t going to judge, so you just wasted your vote.
By Demosthenes
ok, I voted...though I'd really like to cast two votes. the 1 for JT, and another for DF. But DF will make it without my vote so my first choice is JT.

Al Alim, you better take this seriously if you make the vote.
By Vivisekt
Der Freiheitsucher wrote:I will not judge any debate with Al-'Alim.

I say that beforehand.

Why not? It's not as if you have to interact with any of the other judges if you don't want to.
By Crazy Brown Guy
I voted for DF since he is the most sensible person in the forum but I would like to see one poll per each judges so people can vote for their second, third etc. choices.
By Vivisekt
Jina wrote:but I would like to see one poll per each judges so people can vote for their second, third etc. choices.

This is already the second poll on the subject. The first was a poll where people could nominate potential judges - anybody they wanted - and also select 2nd choices and 3rd choices and whatnot. The list that you see on this poll are the top ten nominations from the first - which, by the way, had an extremely low voter turnout despite being around for a couple of days and cross-linked in several forums.

I'm not going to run any more polls for this one election.
By Der Freiheitsucher
Iff [double F meaning "if and only if"] judging these debates requires NO interaction with Al-'Alim, then I've no problem.
By Vivisekt
Der Freiheitsucher wrote:Iff [double F meaning "if and only if"] judging these debates requires NO interaction with Al-'Alim, then I've no problem.

I've made the Judge's jobs alot easier under this new format, so the position is really alot more flexible than it was previously. These are the only responsibilities:

Judges and Scoring

* Judges are awarded their positions by the general membership of PoFo, via a voting process that I set up when it is needed. Occasionally I might be required to step in and judge for a debate or two, or appoint someone on the spot, should we find ourselves suddenly lacking for some reason - but generally speaking, I'm just going to be moderating and administering the debates.

* There are five judges, each with one vote.

* Judges are required (to the best of their ability) to read through the debates, asscess the argument presented therein, and try to objectively decide a winner based upon the merits of the argument as it is presented (regardless of that judge's personal bias on the issue). Judges will not need to intervene in the actual debate while it is progressing, as I am going to be handling all moderation.

* Upon completion of each debate, each judge should write a review of their reaction to the arguments that were presented; outlining why they voted as they did. Besides rendering a verdict on the completed debate and determining a winner, this will also allow all teams to improve their arguments in the future. Again, I will attach these reviews onto the end of each completed debate thread.

* Once elected, judges will continue to judge subsequent debates until they don't want to continue, are unable to continue (say - due to their participation in a debate, or a lack of time), or are removed by me for some other reason. Every so often, I will refresh the entire judge pool with another member's-vote.

Complete debate rules can be seen here, and the bulletin giving all up-to-date information on pending debates is located here.

As you can see, there is no need to convene with any of the other judges if you do not want to (although if you feel like it, you may).
By MB.
I voted for Boon.

Heh, and it looks like I'm gonna be needing a new signature soon ;)
Last edited by MB. on 28 Jul 2004 20:58, edited 1 time in total.
By Comrade Ogilvy
Mr Bill wrote:I voted for Boon.

Why not yourself? And haven't 3 people already voted for Boon!?!?
By MB.
NationaliDemocratiSociali wrote:Why not yourself?

Kind of self defeating don't you think? I mean, I'm clearly not going to win, and voting for yourself is rather shallow... so instead of egotistically throwing my vote away, I'll place it for someone who I *would* like to see judging.
By Comrade Ogilvy
Mr Bill wrote:
NationaliDemocratiSociali wrote:Why not yourself?

Kind of self defeating don't you think? I mean, I'm clearly not going to win, and voting for yourself is rather shallow... so instead of egotistically throwing my vote away, I'll place it for someone who I *would* like to see judging.

That is very altruistic of you, especially since you have influence as a moderator and even have the ability to cheat to win the poll, such as by getting membership under many different pseudonyms and e-mail addresses. I admire your honesty, if you are telling the truth.
By STA
you are just voting JT because you know he will be bias toward the right.

You specifically said that white skin is not a cr[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I'm just free flowing thought here: I'm trying t[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]

@QatzelOk DeSantis got rid of a book showing chi[…]