Satire for 2016 - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political and non-political satire; all those terribly biased analogies live here.
By mikema63
I am not a right winger;

You are, from every policy I've ever seen you espouse, a right winger.

I am a unique person

Too many participation trophies.

who is not a leftard so don't put words in my mouth

I'm judging your position by your posts. If you don't like my assessment then it's more your problem than mine.

This is what I am saying: People want all sorts of things and most of those things they want to get from someone else. That someone else will want something in return, not necessarily money but money is by definition that which is most agreeable as a reward (well for sane people anyway) for reason of its near universal exchangability.

Oh wow, your unique and insightful comment is so totally different than anything I've ever heard before! You get a PoFo participation trophy!

vidence that a particular person is willing to spend a massive amount of time playing video games is not evidence that you can trick me or very many other people into digging coal, data entry, changing the rubber underwear of incontinent old people, laying bricks or editing TV footage for no tangible reward.

You don't say! It's a good thing I didn't say people would just march into a coal mine under their own volition. It's nice when you can put words in my mouth and construe my saying that work has intrinsic value to people as saying that all work has the same intrinsic value to all people.

TL;DR - Playing video games is not a job.

People get paid to do that actually. I should note that I never said that it was a job, I said it was work.
By The Immortal Goon
I realize I started it, but this thread is satire. Keep ideological discussions in the appropriate forums.
By Ummon
NSFW

Spoiler: show
Last edited by Ummon on 12 May 2016 21:16, edited 1 time in total.

@FiveofSwords " chimpanzee " Having[…]

@Rancid They, the dogs, don't go crazy. They s[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

I have never been wacko at anything. I never thou[…]