Libertarianism - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Any other minor ideologies.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Herefordrob
Ayn Rand is probably THE ultimate spokesperson for modern libertarianism and certainly widely read by Conservative politicians around the world. She is undoubtedly divisive. My point being Any political philosophy of any shade or leaning seems to lead to being zealous, therefore dangerous. I hour this makes sense.
By Drlee
Ayn Rand is probably THE ultimate spokesperson for modern libertarianism and certainly widely read by Conservative politicians around the world. She is undoubtedly divisive. My point being Any political philosophy of any shade or leaning seems to lead to being zealous, therefore dangerous. I hour this makes sense.

Well. She was an odious woman. She was an average writer at best. Her so called insights were very shallow. But she is a convenient homework assignment for 15 year olds.

Having said that.

I agree with your final sentence. Clearly today our politics has become overzealous and dangerous. I am old enough to remember when opposing political opinions were thought to be just different roads to the same destination. No longer. I fear that the US system has become far to polarized to survive. The republicans have declared war on the notion of one-man-one-vote, and done it openly. That in itself is the end of the line for any meaningful US democracy.
By Herefordrob
I don't think it's just US politics it's become a global threat to democracy. My opening comments were an observation of Rands influenza on libertarian politics. Which seem to have been hijacked by fundamentalism. I understand she has been read by successive US presidents. I should say I am in the the UK.
Drlee wrote:
Well. She was an odious woman. She was an average writer at best. Her so called insights were very shallow. But she is a convenient homework assignment for 15 year olds.

Having said that.

I agree with your final sentence. Clearly today our politics has become overzealous and dangerous. I am old enough to remember when opposing political opinions were thought to be just different roads to the same destination. No longer. I fear that the US system has become far to polarized to survive. The republicans have declared war on the notion of one-man-one-vote, and done it openly. That in itself is the end of the line for any meaningful US democracy.
I absolutely agree her philosophy is odious and what is scary is world leaders seem to admire it. The we she talks about is our interconnectedness which we avoid at our peril

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Only Zionists believe that bollocks and you lot ar[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]