The Charter and Proclamation of the Rights of Man - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Any other minor ideologies.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
late wrote:

Brits paid a lot to help the country get started. War eventually forced them levy some tax, but it was still less than they were forking out. Read some Brit historians...

Anyway, the colonists got used to paying nothing, or next to nothing, in the way of taxes. So they were able to use that as a rallying cry, even if it didn't make sense. There are other issues here, like independence, but we're talking taxes at the moment.

The reality is governments have always needed money, and people need government.

The reality is that maintaining a modern country with a modern economy requires the government to do a lot, just look at all the stuff we had to do about covid. Or the stuff we will have to do to help areas that got hit by disaster this year...

The reality is you can live somewhere you don't have to pay taxes. You won't, because those places suck, and you like the benefits of civilisation.

So, take yer pick, either you and reality have had a divorce, or you have the intellectual agility of the dead horses you keep beating.

Indeed.

I think the anarchist world that resister wants to live in is popular because its easy to understand. It's basically an every man for himself self of situation, as well as a faith in that everything will "work itself out" for the better. It is an easy and lazy position to take. Of course it's true that things can just work themselves out, but it's also true that they don't. As society and the global economy become more and more complex, it has become clear that falling back on this faith of anarchistic free markets has its limits and failures. HOwever, people are too lazy to adjust their positions. After all, it is based on faith, and how can you have faith without faith?

Additionally, the people that believe this are also rife with contradictions. To the point that in reality, they do not have any principles or faith in the things that they like to claim. It's an interesting paradox. It's interesting these people are too stupid to even see this.
Last edited by Rancid on 18 Jul 2021 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
@The Resister ;

''....If we have no unalienable Rights, then the founders and framers of our Constitution died in vain....''

They died in vain. Except that these revolutionaries knew that they were conducting an experiment. An experiment in human lives,but an experiment nonetheless. It failed because they went too far in some respects and not far enough in others. I think that I could make the case that they were more radical (and thus ''infantile'' in Lenin's expression) than their blood brothers the Bolsheviks...
late wrote:Brits paid a lot to help the country get started. War eventually forced them levy some tax, but it was still less than they were forking out. Read some Brit historians...

Anyway, the colonists got used to paying nothing, or next to nothing, in the way of taxes. So they were able to use that as a rallying cry, even if it didn't make sense. There are other issues here, like independence, but we're talking taxes at the moment.

The reality is governments have always needed money, and people need government.

The reality is that maintaining a modern country with a modern economy requires the government to do a lot, just look at all the stuff we had to do about covid. Or the stuff we will have to do to help areas that got hit by disaster this year...

The reality is you can live somewhere you don't have to pay taxes. You won't, because those places suck, and you like the benefits of civilisation.

So, take yer pick, either you and reality have had a divorce, or you have the intellectual agility of the dead horses you keep beating.

Taxes on wages is tyrannical and a plank out of the Communist Manifesto. Thank you for self identifying.
Rancid wrote:Indeed.

I think the anarchist world that resister wants to live in is popular because its easy to understand. It's basically an every man for himself self of situation, as well as a faith in that everything will "work itself out" for the better. It is an easy and lazy position to take. Of course it's true that things can just work themselves out, but it's also true that they don't. As society and the global economy become more and more complex, it has become clear that falling back on this faith of anarchistic free markets has its limits and failures. HOwever, people are too lazy to adjust their positions. After all, it is based on faith, and how can you have faith without faith?

Additionally, the people that believe this are also rife with contradictions. To the point that in reality, they do not have any principles or faith in the things that they like to claim. It's an interesting paradox. It's interesting these people are too stupid to even see this.

You should sue your brain (if you have one) for non-support. Contact me for a really good deal if you want to pursue that avenue.

A nation of law does not allow one race to seek revenge against another segment of society and the Constitution was intended to mean that your Rights end where my nose begins. If someone told you I was an anarchist, they are a lying, uneducated, stupid son of a bitch and you can tell them I said so.
The Resister wrote:You should sue your brain (if you have one) for non-support. Contact me for a really good deal if you want to pursue that avenue.

A nation of law does not allow one race to seek revenge against another segment of society and the Constitution was intended to mean that your Rights end where my nose begins. If someone told you I was an anarchist, they are a lying, uneducated, stupid son of a bitch and you can tell them I said so.

This doesn't address anything I've said.
Rancid wrote:This doesn't address anything I've said.

@Rancid , welcome to the nature of this thread, and trying to get him nailed down on his thought and it's implications.

He says that the Sovereign Citizen movement out there has stolen ideas from him, but ferociously denies any overlap between him and them in ideology, for example. How other people can steal ideas from someone and yet that person denies those ideas have anything to do with them is really anyone's guess.
annatar1914 wrote:
@Rancid , welcome to the nature of this thread, and trying to get him nailed down on his thought and it's implications.

He says that the Sovereign Citizen movement out there has stolen ideas from him, but ferociously denies any overlap between him and them in ideology, for example. How other people can steal ideas from someone and yet that person denies those ideas have anything to do with them is really anyone's guess.

Round and round we go. :)

Gotta love pofo.
The Resister wrote:
Taxes on wages is tyrannical and a plank out of the Communist Manifesto. Thank you for self identifying.

You do realise taxes were around for thousands of years before Communism?

Repeating insanity doesn't make it better.
The Resister wrote:Taxes on wages is tyrannical and a plank out of the Communist Manifesto. Thank you for self-identifying.

"Life imitates art."

Last edited by ingliz on 19 Jul 2021 13:57, edited 1 time in total.
late wrote:You do realise taxes were around for thousands of years before Communism?

Repeating insanity doesn't make it better.

So why are you repeating yourself? Are you crazy? OR, are you plain stupid? Taxes on wages is immoral, unconstitutional, indefensible, unnecessary, illegal, reprehensible, and dishonest. Educate yourself and apprise yourself of the facts:

The Resister wrote:
So why are you repeating yourself? Are you crazy? OR, are you plain stupid? Taxes on wages is immoral, unconstitutional, indefensible, unnecessary, illegal, reprehensible, and dishonest.

Educate yourself and apprise yourself of the facts

Fact is, people need government, and governments need money. This goes back a few thousand years that we know of, to places like Sumeria.

I've been reading about economics for 40 years, and I am currently reading Debt, the First 5,000 Years. Which is great, btw.

You keep making the same idiotic assertion, it's nuts in a number of ways. For one thing, it's ahistorical. Governments need money. Places with little to no government get gobbled up by governments that do have money. That's how the bucolic and wonderful world of Bhutan changed, in the 1950s. Of course, that are places like Antarctica, where you don't have to pay taxes. You could try living there.

My favorite quote about taxes is the one about the Supreme Court justice that whistled on the way to the mailbox, every time he paid his taxes. Eventually a clerk worked up the nerve to ask him why.

"Today is the day I buy civilisation."
Rancid wrote:@The Resister is so right ring, he's basically left wing (anarchist).

I am pretty sure The Resister is Victorious Spolia Rancid but he has forgot his password and he has moved to Georgia. His posts are so alike it is basically impossible he is a new user. I even remember VS became a libertarian before he left to "build his home" and was against taxation just like this guy.

Anyway @The Resister, I would like you to know that VS was my favourite ever right winger and although you make some great threads, VS had the persona to go with it. Please just ask Noemon for a new password and go back to being VS.
B0ycey wrote:
I am pretty sure The Resister is Victorious Spolia Rancid but he has forgot his password and he has moved to Georgia. His posts are so alike it is basically impossible he is a new user. I even remember VS became a libertarian before he left to "build his home" and was against taxation just like this guy.

Anyway @The Resister, I would like you to know that VS was my favourite ever right winger and although you make some great threads, VS had the persona to go with it. Please just ask Noemon for a new password and go back to being VS.

Maybe, maybe. I recall VS being a little more courteous though.
Rancid wrote:Maybe, maybe. I recall VS being a little more courteous though.

VS had an acid tongue at times trust me. He had his run ins with Noemon and you wanted to read the post he gave the Admin on the MGTOW website what got him was banned. But he also respected debate and knew what he was talking about. The Resister is the same. He also has the same foe. Ingliz. :lol:
B0ycey wrote:
VS had an acid tongue at times trust me. He had his run ins with Noemon and you wanted to read the post he gave the Admin on the MGTOW website what got him was banned. But he also respected debate and knew what he was talking about. The Resister is the same. He also has the same foe. Ingliz. :lol:

Ah, ok.

I don't recall. was VS trumpster?
Rancid wrote:Ah, ok.

I don't recall. was VS trumpster?

No and yes. Exactly like this guy. I believe he voted for him given he was from the Rust Belt, religious and had some shared interests which can only be described as Trumpisms. But he was an An-Cap and was against the state so VS thought Trump was a means to a goal rather than actually supporting the guy like BJ. As I said, when you get to know a user you pick up on their writing style and their beliefs and whatnot. And Resister is VS without the persona and I don't think lightening has struck twice.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachment[…]

On the epidemic of truth inversion

Environmental factors and epigenetic expressions […]

Thread stinks of Nazi Bandera desperation, trying[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is an interesting concept that China, Russia[…]